Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

A Few Good Vapes?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#41 (permalink)      5/22/2021 6:55:15 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Wylie
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 5968
  • Reviews 78
  • Kudos3873
+1 details
Oh fuck me, and you too worm food!

Nice job winny

42 and I'm stickin to it!

Edited on 5/22/2021 at 6:57 PM. Reason:
Always keep your ear to the ground!
#42 (permalink)      5/22/2021 7:07:17 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4792
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2876

Meep meep!
What does he mean when he says words?
#43 (permalink)      5/22/2021 7:34:51 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Wylie
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 5968
  • Reviews 78
  • Kudos3873
carrion4worm wrote:

Meep meep!

Yeah, you're closer but 42 is the answer to everything! Check Facebook!

#44 (permalink)      5/23/2021 1:25:51 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4792
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2876
Don't let idiots gets in the way of good mods, or correct information. Wylie is an idiot. One of those people that thought they were smart, so they never learned basic vaping info, which of course is why we end up with too many threads like this, where people with no vested interest, no desire, and most of all, no money, want to Poo Poo on others.

Post after post, he acts an idiot. He's not acting.

And, IF you ever hold a lipo in your hand, you'll understand...multiple thin cells bound together inside a lipo bag.

When did multiplication become too much for our resident tin foil hat? Facebook isn't a personality either. Lol, old people, talking trash about one forum while on another, what a geriatric standard issue excuse.

Airwinny admitted being no expert but managed an answer, even though it was quoted from earlier in the thread, so why can't you grasp how things work?
#45 (permalink)      5/23/2021 1:35:38 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2695
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos2166
+3 details
I've no desire to interrupt a perfectly good spat between the two of you, so please carry on and don't mind me! LOL!!

However, it's worth pointing out, that the formula mentioned earlier for converting w/h to mAh is perfectly correct, but according to Mooch, is only worth doing for a ball-park indication of battery stamina on Lipos, which is why they always use the more accurate w/h figure instead.

So for example, if you had two identical mods with identical builds, one with a 3000 mAh Li-on battery and the other with a good quality 3000 mAh equivalent lipo, and used them both side-by-side, the Lipo would actually last a bit longer. It's something to do with the lower overall battery sag Lipos experience (by comparison) due to the differing battery chemistry.

Hopefully, that adds a bit of context to anyone still confused.
It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#46 (permalink)      5/23/2021 1:39:07 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4792
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2876
airwinny wrote:

Wylie wrote:
Still waiting for the numbers that explain your 6400 mAh claim.
Not to butt in, because I honestly barely know anything about batteries. But, when I read this:

dwcraig1 wrote:
To compare convert mAh to Watt hours, it is 23.68 Wh. A Samsung 40T (4000 mAh) 21700 has 14.8 Wh

...and then do the math... 23.68/14.8 X 4000, I get to exactly 6400 mah. What am I missing?

Oh no, YOU are not "missing" anything. Poor Wil E., however just "can't get right" for some reason.

Plus he's salty at me, cuz reasons.

IDK how 4 x 1600 is soooo hard to figure. The hard part's already done (determining individual cell mah) for you!

#47 (permalink)      5/23/2021 1:42:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Wylie
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 5968
  • Reviews 78
  • Kudos3873
+1 details
carrion4worm wrote:

Don't let idiots gets in the way of good mods, or correct information. Wylie is an idiot. One of those people that thought they were smart, so they never learned basic vaping info, which of course is why we end up with too many threads like this, where people with no vested interest, no desire, and most of all, no money, want to Poo Poo on others.

Post after post, he acts an idiot. He's not acting.

And, IF you ever hold a lipo in your hand, you'll understand...multiple thin cells bound together inside a lipo bag.

When did multiplication become too much for our resident tin foil hat? Facebook isn't a personality either. Lol, old people, talking trash about one forum while on another, what a geriatric standard issue excuse.

Airwinny admitted being no expert but managed an answer, even though it was quoted from earlier in the thread, so why can't you grasp how things work?

Your true colors are shining through, love it!

#48 (permalink)      5/23/2021 1:48:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4792
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2876
analogueman wrote:

I've no desire to interrupt a perfectly good spat between the two of you, so please carry on and don't mind me! LOL!!

However, it's worth pointing out, that the formula mentioned earlier for converting w/h to mAh is perfectly correct, but according to Mooch, is only worth doing for a ball-park indication of battery stamina on Lipos, which is why they always use the more accurate w/h figure instead.

So for example, if you had two identical mods with identical builds, one with a 3000 mAh Li-on battery and the other with a good quality 3000 mAh equivalent lipo, and used them both side-by-side, the Lipo would actually last a bit longer. It's something to do with the lower overall battery sag Lipos experience (by comparison) due to the differing battery chemistry.

Yeah, right! lol, some here in the US still "believe" our election was fraud because the loser is a sore loser. People WANT to believe in their alternate reality,lol.

Also, yes, Lipos have lower internal resistance, making them more efficient. 6400 mah will "seem" to last longer than traditional cells of similar mah range. While true initially, the drop off on lipos is more prominent, imo, making it pretty even in the wash.

#49 (permalink)      5/23/2021 1:50:41 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Wylie
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 5968
  • Reviews 78
  • Kudos3873
+1 details
carrion4worm wrote:

analogueman wrote:

Yeah, right! lol, some here in the US still "believe" our election was fraud because the loser is a sore loser. People WANT to believe in their alternate reality,lol.

Also, yes, Lipos have lower internal resistance, making them more efficient. 6400 mah will "seem" to last longer than traditional cells of similar mah range. While true initially, the drop off on lipos is more prominent, imo, making it pretty even in the wash.

Ah, this brings back memories.

Your appropriation is strong as ever!
I didn't catch your answer to the OPs question until after I ballparked it with all the specs to put it through a calculator.

Winny versed the arithmatic in a manner that made sense to me in combination with Craigs post I didn't relate to originally (more in relation to size capable of the energy I should have caught onto with Graigs post)and again, there you are in the lime light.

I haven't claimed to be a battery expert and disclosed not even passing low volt the first time through. Yet I take this from a person whom I seriously doubt has a real grasp on any electrical theory what so ever.

Remember your effort at teaching electrical resistance? That was a joke!
Cool Ohms with the shades man!

Edited on 5/23/2021 at 2:43 AM. Reason:
#50 (permalink)      5/23/2021 2:23:52 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Wylie
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 5968
  • Reviews 78
  • Kudos3873
carrion4worm wrote:

analogueman wrote:

Just so you don't miss the edit in my last post asshole.

#51 (permalink)      5/23/2021 2:24:40 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
philipvdb
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 2844
  • Reviews 36
  • Kudos4545
+1 details
For a moment i was playing with the idea of using lipos in my diy mods so i did some research then since batteries and electronics fall like lightyears outside my area of expertise. However since they are rather big, too difficult to find here, expensive and so on, i put the idea aside. I would like to leave this thread with a bit more knowledge and a consensus. If 4s means 4 in series than it should be 1600mah. If it you have to multiply according to C4W , why not just mention 6400mah on the battery. You find 4s2p lipos and in that case the capacity is 3200mah because of the parallel aspect. Thing is, i never read an article mentioning that you have to multiply to get the true capacity. Possible to put a link to an article that mentions this? Up to now, i just see someone saying 1600mah and someone 6400mah but without real proof. I tend to lean towards 1600mah but we learn every day so all options are open.
We can't agree on everything.