shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Gimmick
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      5/5/2021 9:23:50 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Kamikaze702k
  • JoinedDec 2016
  • Posts 521
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos216
+3 details
Gimmick
This thing just seems too much trouble not worth the effort, especially at that price
#2 (permalink)      5/19/2021 1:27:03 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2762
  • Reviews 275
  • Kudos1461
The juice flow control is real, and cuts out that initial dribbles that often follow from refills/rebuilds. I'm staring at an original and my newly arrived SXK....other than the Panda logo being altered (OG - panda sitting / Clone - panda standing), I can find no real differences...the SXK even includes both color fill gaskets, both chimneys, both tanks (1 with JFC, 1 without), 5 air pins, a unique multi-tool, and 510 build adapter. The O-ring/ gaskets bag is full, too....so it seems like a very full kit initially...

I was told by a SXK brand manager that there would be a base kit, with less options included at a lower price...don't know why that never/hasn't happened.

There was a time, not too long ago, when a bad wick job, or a shorting coil leg meant dumping your entire Boro, fixing it, then refilling with hopes of success! This takes the Vape Snail and Alien that 1 step further, adding a JFC.

Loving that, and everything else about the Link'D, initially...but I'm only 14 puffs in so far, lol!

Edited on 5/19/2021 at 1:28 PM. Reason:
I know words...I have the best words.
#3 (permalink)      5/19/2021 1:38:10 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2762
  • Reviews 275
  • Kudos1461
+1 details
#4 (permalink)      5/22/2021 2:21:51 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2762
  • Reviews 275
  • Kudos1461
I'm admittedly having a rough time with this "all in one" bridge. My first day and initial set-up was a success...but a steady stream of problems has made this Link'D difficult to master, and I'm unusally close to exasperation! (I type this during another "cooling off" period, allowing my heart rate to slow, lol)

The included clear silicone fill plug lasted for one tank, tore easily at the second refill and fell INTO the tank fill hole (lol) and things haven't been right since. The spares bag has two more bungs that are red and are better quality, so I threw it in....

And here I am, 2 more builds and 6 1/3 tank refills later...It just DUMPS juice (out of the air pin) like it's missing a seal, lol!!!

But it isn't. There is a red O-ring on the bottom of the rba, but the replacement air pins tighten inside the O-ring, not over it. I guess this O-ring's only purpose is to hold on the condensation plug (and it does). Even IF the air pin tightened down on the O-ring, it would just squeeze out upon the application of any real pressure. No, they deliberately give you a tool for the two "problem" areas (the air pin, and the chimney) so they should be tightened plenty....so it's not lacking a seal....

So it has to be wicking, because it is liquid tight with the Juice flow Off (another great reason for this feature- testing!), but drains like a tub with it on.

There's not many videos, and they all say to wick lightly, and I'm not having that nonsense. One reviewers video is a farce, and there's NO WAY "salty jul" didn't have a leaky mess with that little bit of cotton he used.

I don't know, but many others are having issues as well....but that's the original...though this appears a 1 to 1 clone.
I've got all day - stay tuned for updates!

Edited on 5/23/2021 at 1:30 AM. Reason:
#5 (permalink)      5/22/2021 5:08:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2762
  • Reviews 275
  • Kudos1461
The Juice flow- enabled tank comes apart into 2 pieces, sandwiching the JFC wheel between when assembled. I found I had a Torn O-ring where the two tank pieces snap together....

New o-ring, juiced, and vaping happily... It just goes to show, never write off any possible solution. So far, so good!

If things stay fine, expect a full, detailed review soon....there's a LOT to learn here, plus quite a few things I've found on my own...very involved build, with lots of options.
#6 (permalink)      5/23/2021 7:26:59 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2762
  • Reviews 275
  • Kudos1461
This is a bit of a pain in the ass, at least it has been for me. However, since the post above yesterday, this thing has been flawless, with two refills going smoothly.

I often have new gear before videos from proper channels appear...the video I chose, from a younger guy calling himself "salty juls", is decent enough for showing the basics, but his whole build portion is a joke, and I know the minute he cut off his camera, he was reaching for a clean-up towel for all the juice. He made such an effort to let viewers know that this needed virtually no cotton, when in fact, it needs a good amount. Once I forced myself to ignore his warnings, I started having success.

I also damaged an O-ring, furthering my leaking issues earlier. That has been rectified perfectly. The kit is complete, and there is a lot here for experimenting....very similar to the full Vape Snail Kit, though this adds a spare tank as well. Do I think this kit is worth 50.00? Yes, easily, but I come from the original market also, where this is 220.00. It's NOT worth 220.00. I think 40.00 would have been a nice price, maybe on sale....

Connection issues are a thing with this...I've still not gotten my SupBox to connect, and 2 of my 4 Billets are on/off again...the air pins can be finicky, like the Exocet V2. Those who are familiar with "propping", or using a washer or ring under the head of the pin to make it extend further will need to dig through parts boxes, lol! Also of note is the included condensation plug. It isn't necessary, but looks nice, though it can cause your pin to not connect if its not seated properly. If you can't get contact, try backing off the air pin a touch, no need to overtighten. If that doesn't work, find an O-ring or something.... The vape is SOOO worth it, and I've got the Mobb, the Exocet 2, and the Snail....this is even or better flavor -wise, and I have a small coil installed --- the deck can handle decent sized flat wires as well, probably up to 3mm ID.

I know the price is holding some back, and that's a fair assessment. It's not revolutionary in vape or flavor if you have the latest bridges...BUT, if you don't have anything new, or you want JFC as protection on your $400.00 Billet, or you have "shiny-itis", as Vapeluvr says, this is a really good one, though not for beginners or the feint of heart.

Edited on 5/23/2021 at 7:28 PM. Reason:
#7 (permalink)      5/28/2021 7:14:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TT_Bankroll
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 42
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos10
carrion4worm wrote:

Connection issues are a thing with this...

true but i have found a fairly fool proof way to get it connected and reading.

billet box - hold it gently upwards towards the top of the billet while screwing in the 510 nut or integrated tip

supbox - (very tricky but possible) get it assembled face down as the goal is to get a perfect connection between the 510 nut and the top of the chimney. it has to be mostly pulled forward and can get knocked out of place. if the supbox 510 nut was slightly longer this would not be an issue.

seems like every time i do this, i don't have a problem with it reading.

regarding your leaking.... did you remember to put cotton wicks in the upper part of the steel chamber? if so, you shouldn't be having leaking.. though it is not a tank i would trust leaving in my billet box for days on end unchecked...

#8 (permalink)      5/28/2021 7:54:26 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2762
  • Reviews 275
  • Kudos1461
It's reliable with the JFC closed, but it's leak prone more than others....my leaking problem was o-rings based, it's settled now.

It's a shame, because many vapers don't have 7 billet devices to try for connection....for many it's one shot, and after a big investment, it hurts, lol!

I have hundreds of very small washers to do much the same for connection.

The flavor and vape is spot on fantastic and the largest 2 airflows are perfect. I haven't experimented any further yet...but it's good.
#9 (permalink)      6/13/2021 10:20:06 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Kamikaze702k
  • JoinedDec 2016
  • Posts 521
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos216
+1 details
Thanks carrion4worm I actually took a gamble and thought I'll try it, first wick success, but then it was a nightmare after that, finally got it going again I've took off the JFC bit and just using it in normal mode, it's a decent unit but if I lost or broke it I wouldn't buy another, ok to have in the collection I'm currently using this with my exocet, just waiting to get my hands on the first brig'd n this will be put away in storage, right now there's a lot of bridges out and this falls short in many ways. My evl alien should be here soon looking forward to trying that
#10 (permalink)      6/13/2021 10:45:05 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2762
  • Reviews 275
  • Kudos1461
My weird advice for the Alien? Use your Supbox (think you have one, right?) My Alien always left a slight line of juice on my inner panel, right where the tank seam is...

When I use it in Supbox, dry as can be!

yeah, I know....
#11 (permalink)      6/13/2021 4:37:56 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Kamikaze702k
  • JoinedDec 2016
  • Posts 521
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos216
oh dam thats weird, i have a supbox too, will trial both, do u prefer the alien over this one?