Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Anyone have issues with the top cap?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      7/12/2022 5:04:21 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Torkpork
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 59
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos22
Anyone have issues with the top cap?
I got this over a year ago and struggled to get the top cap to catch and gave up on it. I had high hopes so I'm wondering if it was just a bad item in my case, or that any issues that may or may not have existed have been fixed in the meantime?
#2 (permalink)      7/12/2022 2:19:27 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
minimag03
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2018
  • Posts 112
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos32
The top cap design is complex compared to most. You have to turn only the round section to open/close the tank, while leaving the triangle section alone. When closing the tank, I found it's easiest to turn the top cap to the left until you feel the threads catch. After that it's much easier to screw the top cap down. You also have to work against the tension of the oring in the topcap.

I own two Ulton clones of this atomizer. Both needed a 'break in' period. The top cap and JFC would occasionally stick when they were new. It eventually smoothed itself out after a few tanks full. Well, it's either that or I perfected the process I described with the top cap above lol

Either way, this thing's top cap just takes awhile to become accustomed to using. It's def worth giving another shot if you already have it sitting around. And if something with yours is defective, now's a great time to try another since they're less than $11 :)
#3 (permalink)      7/13/2022 7:05:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4851
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3042
SXK is great, but the design can deceive. when removing the top, only grasp the lower, round part of the topcap, and never grab the triangular jfc control. Biggest snafu? No real knurling.
What does he mean when he says words?
#4 (permalink)      8/3/2022 1:10:49 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JGsaws
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2019
  • Posts 22
  • Reviews 256
  • Kudos3
Mine was a pain getting top cap on and off almost gave up on it too I finally changed the two O-rings in the top cap now it goes on off no problem, used supplied spares maybe they were ruff tore or expanded? also agree on everything minimag03 & carrion4worm posted. I would not recommend this to a new to rebuildables vaper. I use mine everyday great tank
#5 (permalink)      8/5/2022 12:45:03 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Torkpork
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 59
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos22
JGsaws wrote:

Mine was a pain getting top cap on and off almost gave up on it too I finally changed the two O-rings in the top cap now it goes on off no problem, used supplied spares maybe they were ruff tore or expanded? also agree on everything minimag03 & carrion4worm posted. I would not recommend this to a new to rebuildables vaper. I use mine everyday great tank

I never tried replacing the o-rings... I really should have thought about that before now. I had high hopes for it and wrote it off in the huff. I probably would have left it to roll around in a container of vaping casualties forever if I hadn't seen how incredibly cheap they had become.

#6 (permalink)      8/9/2022 7:29:53 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Kilzz
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2014
  • Posts 216
  • Reviews 107
  • Kudos162
I had difficulty getting the top cap on. I took the oring on the tank that the top screws down on off and its been perfect since. Easy cap on and off and no leaks.