[dismiss] FastTech will be on holiday from October 1, 2022 to October 7, 2022. All services resume on October 8, 2022, at 1:00 am (UTC). (details).
Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Photo with screen on
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      8/28/2021 10:41:00 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
pewpew
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 2652
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1096
+2 details
Photo with screen on
So, I immediately grew curious how does screen about which design Vaporesso brags so much really looks like. Going to their website revealed less then nothing as they published only bunch of computer generated images, including the hilarity of microcontroller chip pointing its pin to nowhere...

But I found it, I finally found it

Edited on 8/28/2021 at 10:41 AM. Reason:
The answer to 1984 is 1973 § Panasonic or Samsung - that is the question: Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer.
#2 (permalink)      8/28/2021 10:50:58 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4843
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3018
+1 details
Oh shit! You vape?

The screen IS nicely done...not the UI or layout so much, it's NICE, but its been around a while. What's cool is hiding it behind the mirrored panel.

A few older high end modders did this back in the day, with mirrored screen insets and the like...I would like to see Vaporesso take this design to a better mod.
What does he mean when he says words?
#3 (permalink)      8/29/2021 12:55:57 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
pewpew
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 2652
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1096
+2 details
carrion4worm wrote:

What's cool is hiding it behind the mirrored panel.

Mirrored, wut? 🤦‍ It is lets hide light emitting display(s) under glossy translucent panel trick found in tape recorders and similar electronics since like 1970s.

Better photos, this menu actually looks perfect:

while a lot of light from full screen UI makes display edges visible and in general display looks somewhat misplaced

Edited on 8/29/2021 at 1:02 PM. Reason:
The answer to 1984 is 1973 § Panasonic or Samsung - that is the question: Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer.
#4 (permalink)      8/29/2021 1:52:55 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
essellar
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 2311
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2029
+1 details
carrion4worm wrote:

A few older high end modders did this back in the day, with mirrored screen insets and the like...

You mean "high end" like Sigelei?

#5 (permalink)      8/29/2021 6:36:32 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4843
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3018
essellar wrote:

carrion4worm wrote:
A few older high end modders did this back in the day, with mirrored screen insets and the like...
You mean "high end" like Sigelei?

Well, no...I don't consider Them a high end company, or even close. The mod i remember had a DNA 75 or 60, and was not Chinese. Maybe it will come to mind.

To OP: Yes, they use mirrored/ reflective panels to "hide" the screen...maybe not exactly what's going on with the Vaporesso, but it exists. If esselar thinks of the Sigelei, maybe he'll mention the mod, so we can check it out.

EDIT: i found something close in a mod I own, and it IS Sigelei, kinda. It's the LED-ridden Kaos Z mod, which had a mirrored screen, a clear acrylic battery door, and visible "chipset". Really a mod of it's time, lol! Maybe this is what Essy speaks of!

What does he mean when he says words?