shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Not worth even this price
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      3/3/2021 4:43:05 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 10862
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos16786
+3 details
analogueman wrote:

whether we'll see any further 'classically Yihi' SXmini mods is open to debate. Only time will tell.

Personally, I would not pay the $300 Canadian I paid for my first 4 SX Minis, at this stage of the game. Why this sale price had me snap up a few.

When I first got into SX Minis in 2015 it was due to their superior SS/TC abilities that other companies aside from Evolv had not yet mastered.

Using straight wattage these days, there have been so many great mods at very low prices, it would be difficult now to rationalize spending $300.
Unless of course I were new to vaping and still caught up in the newness/fun of it all.

I do like the single 18650 MX class as my earlier single batt version (cant recall the model number) was such a great classic mod but nowadays, I tend to look for single 21700. (Already have a couple of the 21700 SL class)

The only dual battery mod of theirs I loved was the Q and had those been on sale I would have grabbed 2-3.

Yes, not really sure where they could go from here that would be of interest to me.

Edited on 3/3/2021 at 4:45 AM. Reason:
#12 (permalink)      3/3/2021 4:58:13 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Andy.lion
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 11323
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos31298
+1 details
mstave wrote:

parasitic battery drain to under 2volts, unworking bluetooth, poor build quality - nothing recommends this mod

Who leaves batteries in an unused mod anyway? Bluetooth is as flaky as fuck on a lot of devices but pretty much everything can be adjusted on the mod anyway. I got an email from Yihi a couple of days ago about the iOS app, apparently Apple have removed all vape related apps from AppStore so that's why I can't hook it up and I don't have any android devices so I have no idea if it will work with anything else.

Poor build quality? Mate, you could beat a horse to death with this mod and vape on it while you got your breath back. The battery door is majestic. Fidget spinners can be locked with superglue.

You might not like it but at this price I doubt you can get much better in terms of TC and build quality.

I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty, but the pig likes it.” George Bernard Shaw
#13 (permalink)      3/3/2021 5:00:38 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2072
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos1634
+3 details
Still.Me wrote:

...there have been so many great mods at very low prices, it would be difficult now to rationalize spending $300.

Indeed, the entire 'landscape' has changed quite a lot over time. Today, one really doesn't need to spend an exorbitant amount of money to acquire a well-built, accurately performing mod.

I think IF the SXmini range does prevail (a big if, assuming Yihi can divorce themselves from their self-created auto-squonking cul-de-sac), success or failure may largely depend on the appeal of their slightly 'left-field design' rather than kit merely being solidly built.

Edited on 3/3/2021 at 5:02 AM. Reason: Typo
#14 (permalink)      3/3/2021 5:10:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Morris68
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 5368
  • Reviews 50
  • Kudos8328
+2 details
I've had an IPV 200W Auto Squonk for a few months now and am mostly pleased with one exception. From the description it's the same (or very similar) board & controls. Have had no battery drain problem (and I do leave my batteries in the mod) but I have one problem with the joystick control. It works perfectly under Novice (Wattage) mode and is fine for TC with one exception. The joystick does everything it should except for changing Mode (Soft, Normal, Eco, etc.). I have to fiddle with it almost endlessly to change the mode. When I do get an acceptable mode I do my best not to change it.

Was tempted to get one of these but the problem I described, plus the fact that a number of Pioneer/IPV mods I've had in the last few years haven't lasted all that long, led me not to!
“O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!" Robert Burns
#15 (permalink)      3/3/2021 5:27:13 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2072
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos1634
+2 details
Morris68 wrote:

I've had an IPV 200W Auto Squonk for a few months now...

IPV, from Pioneer4You, a company/brand who are wholly owned by Yihi. :-)

#16 (permalink)      3/3/2021 7:01:57 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 10862
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos16786
+3 details
IPV. Still miss that single mod I had many of they made years ago. The iPV 2 and 3, I think it was?

Still one of the best single batt mods I ever owned.

Would love to see some of these companies reissue their most popular retro mods.

#17 (permalink)      3/3/2021 7:25:38 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2072
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos1634
+2 details
Still.Me wrote:

Would love to see some of these companies reissue their most popular retro mods.

You're not the first person to wish that! :-D

#18 (permalink)      3/3/2021 9:39:05 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SambaBugatti
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 377
  • Reviews 49
  • Kudos287
+3 details
Yes, an updated IPV Mini V2 in smaller and made out of Alumium or SS would be nice.My old One is still working, but really ugly to look at, because of the worn out Zinc Alloy.
#19 (permalink)      3/3/2021 10:49:13 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2273
  • Reviews 261
  • Kudos1174
+1 details
The price being 45.00, that, to me is very worth it. Wouldn't pay 75. Wouldn't pay 65. 55 seems fair...

Surprised FT has one of the lower prices...they obviously bought a shit-ton...so when someone from here receives one from this listing, maybe check serial number, package date, etc, to see how old, or new, these mods are...
Insert idiotic mantra here.
#20 (permalink)      3/3/2021 10:52:42 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Richy7
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 6491
  • Reviews 155
  • Kudos9542
+2 details
carrion4worm wrote:

The price being 45.00, that, to me is very worth it. Wouldn't pay 75. Wouldn't pay 65. 55 seems fair...

Surprised FT has one of the lower prices...they obviously bought a shit-ton...so when someone from here receives one from this listing, maybe check serial number, package date, etc, to see how old, or new, these mods are...

$37 with code: FASTTECH

#21 (permalink)      3/3/2021 10:55:13 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2273
  • Reviews 261
  • Kudos1174
Morris68 wrote:

I've had an IPV 200W Auto Squonk for a few months now and am mostly pleased with one exception. From the description it's the same (or very similar) board & controls. Have had no battery drain problem (and I do leave my batteries in the mod) but I have one problem with the joystick control. It works perfectly under Novice (Wattage) mode and is fine for TC with one exception. The joystick does everything it should except for changing Mode (Soft, Normal, Eco, etc.). I have to fiddle with it almost endlessly to change the mode. When I do get an acceptable mode I do my best not to change it.

Was tempted to get one of these but the problem I described, plus the fact that a number of Pioneer/IPV mods I've had in the last few years haven't lasted all that long, led me not to!

The battery drain probably takes a couple weeks, actually. If you leave the batteries in it, put it on a shelf and don't touch it for a period of time, the device will drain your cells. You will notice it only under those circumstances...but, dont forget when you go on vacation! You'll come home to two drained cells...I mean, Dead!

Insert idiotic mantra here.