shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Not worth even this price
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      3/1/2021 7:26:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
mstave
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 230
  • Reviews 137
  • Kudos92
+2 details
Not worth even this price
parasitic battery drain to under 2volts, unworking bluetooth, poor build quality - nothing recommends this mod
#2 (permalink)      3/1/2021 7:48:40 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2072
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos1634
+3 details
I'm surprised anyone is now unaware of the slow parasitic voltage drain by Yihi boards. It's well-documented. One simply doesn't leave batteries in situ when not in use for anything longer than 24-hours. It shouldn't be that way, but it is what it is.

Bluetooth has ALWAYS been hit and miss with Yihi kit. There's just too many variations of Android out there to be compatible with them all. It's never been successful for me either fwiw.

A little surprised about the claimed build quality. The T is as well-put-together as everything else they've made. Can only think you've perhaps got the 'odd one out'?

Edited on 3/1/2021 at 8:00 AM. Reason: Typo
#3 (permalink)      3/1/2021 8:01:53 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2272
  • Reviews 261
  • Kudos1174
+2 details
We've been through all this before...chips with memory drain batteries. YIHI is terrible, in that there is no CUT-OFF and all devices will damage cells when left alone for a time. Yihi is a great looking chip with no legs under it...great for people who are aware of the shortcomings, shit for everyone else, especially if they don't have 1,000 batteries laying around like me.

when you base a device around spinners, and the spinners dont spin, i'd say that is build quality, just not relevant build quality to me.

So, for all potential YIHI buyers: when you put this on the shelf for a few days, expect serious battery drain. Leave it long enough, 1-2 weeks? and you'll have DEAD batteries, that may be damaged beyond repair without a good charger. This is also relevant for Asmodus' newer color chip as well...Yes, that $350 kodama drains cells too....

EVOLV!!!!
Insert idiotic mantra here.
#4 (permalink)      3/1/2021 8:12:59 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 10862
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos16786
+1 details
analogueman wrote:

One simply doesn't leave batteries in situ when not in use for anything longer than 24-hours. It shouldn't be that way, but it is what it is.

I have never had a problem with the 8 SX Minis I have purchased. But they have always been my favoured device and never sit on a shelf that long.

If I have a mod that sits on a shelf longer than 24 hours, it's because I am not overly fond of that mod and its likely going to sit there for months until I throw it out. 😛

#5 (permalink)      3/1/2021 8:33:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2072
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos1634
+1 details
carrion4worm wrote:

We've been through all this before...chips with memory drain batteries. YIHI is terrible, in that there is no CUT-OFF and all devices will damage cells when left alone for a time. Yihi is a great looking chip with no legs under it...great for people who are aware of the shortcomings, shit for everyone else, especially if they don't have 1,000 batteries laying around like me.

when you base a device around spinners, and the spinners dont spin, i'd say that is build quality, just not relevant build quality to me.

So, for all potential YIHI buyers: when you put this on the shelf for a few days, expect serious battery drain. Leave it long enough, 1-2 weeks? and you'll have DEAD batteries, that may be damaged beyond repair without a good charger. This is also relevant for Asmodus' newer color chip as well...Yes, that $350 kodama drains cells too....

EVOLV!!!!

All of which waffle can be summed up in one succinct sentence...

Don't leave your batteries in a Yihi mod unused for any longer than 24-hours.

Simple. 😛

#6 (permalink)      3/1/2021 9:02:04 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2272
  • Reviews 261
  • Kudos1174
+1 details
analogueman wrote:

carrion4worm wrote:

EVOLV!!!!
All of which waffle can be summed up in one succinct sentence...

Don't leave your batteries in a Yihi mod unused for any longer than 24-hours.

Simple. 😛

That's what I do...just found about about the Asmodus thing...I took out my 3 Kodamas for waxing, EVERY SINGLE ONE was full of sub 2 volt batteries....luckily I brought them back, but how much damage is done? I really feel a lot of these Manufacturers need to post this info more prominently to owners.

Edited on 3/1/2021 at 9:03 AM. Reason:
#7 (permalink)      3/1/2021 9:07:22 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2072
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos1634
carrion4worm wrote:

I really feel a lot of these Manufacturers need to post this info more prominently to owners.

On that, we agree.

#8 (permalink)      3/2/2021 1:27:45 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vapeluvr
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 7483
  • Reviews 316
  • Kudos4401
+1 details
mstave wrote:

parasitic battery drain to under 2volts

Technically speakin, the problem with Yihi boards isn't "parasitic drain", it's actually a high rate of quiescent current causing the drainage, and Yihi refuses to fix this problem after years and years of being made aware of it. Some say it's just their trademark.

Edited on 3/3/2021 at 8:13 AM. Reason:
Vaper buys pod system, asks for a 510 adapter. LOL for days
#9 (permalink)      3/2/2021 9:39:19 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2272
  • Reviews 261
  • Kudos1174
The last time a Yihi board was updated to my knowledge was when the gtrs v boy came out...remember that mod? I loved it, but I had a shitty battery door V1. I'm not sure about yihi updates, but that's the only time I ever connected and was advised to update. All my yihi mods have been current.

I just have to wonder....what is going on with them? Is there any new product development? Are they going defunct? Most large liquidations are result of financial issues, right?
#10 (permalink)      3/3/2021 2:29:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2072
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos1634
+2 details
carrion4worm wrote:

I just have to wonder....what is going on with them? Is there any new product development? Are they going defunct? Most large liquidations are result of financial issues, right?

As far as I'm aware, Yihi remain focused on the Auto-squonk market - hardly surprising, given the time and expense afforded to the R&D for it. They did put out 'feelers' for a new flagship mod (to replace the T-Class) eighteen months ago, but that all sank without trace as their time and effort concentrated on the X-Class Auto-squonker.

I doubt Yihi will actually go out of business any time soon. They have too many fingers in a variety of pies, vaping and otherwise. However, given poor sales of the T and X-Class devices, coupled to the overall decline in mod sales generally, whether we'll see any further 'classically Yihi' SXmini mods is open to debate. Only time will tell.

#11 (permalink)      3/3/2021 4:43:05 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 10862
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos16786
+3 details
analogueman wrote:

whether we'll see any further 'classically Yihi' SXmini mods is open to debate. Only time will tell.

Personally, I would not pay the $300 Canadian I paid for my first 4 SX Minis, at this stage of the game. Why this sale price had me snap up a few.

When I first got into SX Minis in 2015 it was due to their superior SS/TC abilities that other companies aside from Evolv had not yet mastered.

Using straight wattage these days, there have been so many great mods at very low prices, it would be difficult now to rationalize spending $300.
Unless of course I were new to vaping and still caught up in the newness/fun of it all.

I do like the single 18650 MX class as my earlier single batt version (cant recall the model number) was such a great classic mod but nowadays, I tend to look for single 21700. (Already have a couple of the 21700 SL class)

The only dual battery mod of theirs I loved was the Q and had those been on sale I would have grabbed 2-3.

Yes, not really sure where they could go from here that would be of interest to me.

Edited on 3/3/2021 at 4:45 AM. Reason: