shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Replacement tank
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      4/27/2021 12:50:58 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
mikivapes
  • JoinedMay 2018
  • Posts 8
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos3
Replacement tank
Does anybody know if there is a compatible spare tank?
Thank you in advance
#2 (permalink)      8/26/2021 8:49:29 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Tonycobweb
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 10
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos7
ULTON, which is the only one known to manufacture this clone, does not propose any spare part for the SHU. So you have to turn to the Italian manufacturer.

Unless you find a compatible tank! The dimensions of the tank accept some tolerances:
Inside diameter, between 19.65 mm and 19.90 mm.
Height, between 13 mm and 15.50 mm.

It can also be a bulbous tank as long as the inner diameter is respected!

If someone has a glass tank that fits these dimensions, please let us know here!
#3 (permalink)      8/26/2021 11:52:13 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
mikivapes
  • JoinedMay 2018
  • Posts 8
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos3
Thanks Tonycobweb.

The Shu is not easy to build like many other RTA I have, but it performs very well with creamy flavors in my opinion, so I was looking for a replacemente tank after breaking mine.

After a long search on google, I've ordered some days ago a couple of customized glass tank on ali.......
Inner diameter 20mm, outer diameter 23mm, height 13.5mm

When I'll get it, I will let you know if it fits.
#4 (permalink)      8/27/2021 2:31:22 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Tonycobweb
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 10
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos7
Hi mikivapes,

I'll wait for your comment when you get your tanks. If they are compatible, I count on you to give the link to order some. My tank is still in one piece, but it's better to be prepared...!

Did you remove the little screw that is blocking one of the two liquid inlet holes like I advised on the other thread?

The SHU is not that difficult to build, you just have to find the right amount of cotton to put and the right ratio of PG/VG of the liquid, for my part, I often use 30/70.
#5 (permalink)      8/27/2021 5:35:12 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
mikivapes
  • JoinedMay 2018
  • Posts 8
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos3
Hi Tonycobweb,

The first thing I did (seen on a video review) was to remove that little screw, and everything was good until the first refill...
At that point, some liquid came out of the air inlet.
After searching on the web I found an advise to close with the finger the air hole when refilling.
This trick mitigated the flooding a bit.
Then by trial and errors I have learned to put in the right amount of cotton, just as you said, and the problem of flooding disappeared (I use 35/65 ratio of PG/VG).

I will update the post as soon as I get the replacement tank.
#6 (permalink)      9/7/2021 8:05:32 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
kushal.kushi
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 26
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos3
Hello @mikivapes

Would you be able to guide me on avoiding flooding, The First Refill works perfect, from then on all the eliquid just flows slowly into the deck and out through the airflow, its such a hassle free flavorful RTA on the first Refill, then flooding all over, i use 50:50 liquids
#7 (permalink)      9/8/2021 5:51:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
mikivapes
  • JoinedMay 2018
  • Posts 8
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos3
+1 details
Hello @ kushal.kushi

1. Higher % of VG means thicker and more viscous liquid (less flooding), you should try 70%VG and 30%PG as Tonycobweb suggested (or 65%VG and 35%PG as I do)
2. I turn the coil on a 2.5 diameter rod, the cotton covers the liquid channel at the base of the deck (without choking it) and is placed (with the tweezer) well close to the liquid holes on the two sides of the base, to cover them
3. I refill the tank only when it is almost empty and in the following way
4. I open the top cap, close the air hole with the finger and refill it, close the top cap and turn the RTA upside down, only at this point I take my finger away of the air hole and turn the RTA in the right position

I hope this will help you

PS: Still waiting the replacement glass tank. I will update the post once I will get it.
#8 (permalink)      9/8/2021 7:21:43 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
kushal.kushi
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 26
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos3
+1 details
@mikivapes

Thank you so much, Thats a big help, will try the same steps as you mentioned, do reply on this thread when you get the Glass Replacement Tank and let us know, Good day
#9 (permalink)      9/8/2021 7:48:26 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Tonycobweb
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 10
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos7
Hello kushal.kushi

If after following the good advice of mikivapes it still doesn't work, you can try to put back the little screw designed to block one of the two liquid inlet holes (in case you had already removed it). This screw is designed for liquids that are too fluid (with more PG)

@ mikivapes: I will wait for your comment on the glass tank, when you get it, thanks.
#10 (permalink)      9/8/2021 7:58:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
kushal.kushi
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 26
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos3
@Tonycobweb Yes, will try and do that if all else fails, Thank you for the tip.
#11 (permalink)      9/8/2021 9:49:57 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
kushal.kushi
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 26
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos3
kushal.kushi wrote:

@mikivapes

Thank you so much, Thats a big help, will try the same steps as you mentioned, do reply on this thread when you get the Glass Replacement Tank and let us know, Good day

Your Suggestion was plain genuis, it worked, i just had to close off the Airflow in one finger and refill the eliquid,

- Using the same 50:50 eliquids i have, all i did was close the airflow in one finger and refilled it, Now on my third refill the same way and its working perfectly

Note- i did not put pack the Tiny Screw on one juice flow hole

Thanks a ton for solving my issue @mikivapes

And also Thanks for the Inputs @Tonycobweb

Now just enjoying the Excellent flavor on the Shu, What a lovely flavorful RTA this is