shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

no build deck?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#31 (permalink)      2/26/2021 2:38:37 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Wylie
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 5645
  • Reviews 77
  • Kudos3645
There is a little adjustment/o-ring tolerance between the 510 positive pin and the tank section threading for such things as SBS.
Go figure, mine was right at about 180* out.

This mod is a POS!
Gutted! Plan's almost together, okay, maybe not so quickly!

Without a custom built charging/data circuit board for the intended DNA 60 this looks to be beyond me at this point.
Even with a custom board it would be stupid tight!

The center pin in the 510 sits too low for some atomizers and it's throw looks to be limited, beyond this limit it looks as though it could be broken by tightening an atomizer, I really don't like its construction.
This portion I believe I could work around.

The small screen DNA 60 needed isn't a huge deal.

Edited on 3/26/2021 at 12:00 AM. Reason:
Always keep your ear to the ground!
#32 (permalink)      3/3/2021 1:25:42 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Wylie
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 5645
  • Reviews 77
  • Kudos3645
4mmish ID on the large side VV 316L MTL at 26 watts, a little off to one side. A slightly airy vape yet quite palatable. No plastic air flow ring needed with larger coils.
#33 (permalink)      3/4/2021 2:31:00 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
s.moriwaki
  • JoinedFeb 2018
  • Posts 282
  • Reviews 59
  • Kudos142
+1 details
Have you tried taking this thing out and about, Wylie? Just wondering if it wicks too well, and any juice drips out past the drip tip, etc. I'll take a punt on Monday, I think, since the MTL option is included in this SKU.
#34 (permalink)      3/4/2021 3:00:26 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2072
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos1635
s.moriwaki wrote:

I'll take a punt on Monday, I think, since the MTL option is included in this SKU.

Trouble is, we don't yet know how it performs as an MTL. A poster further up the thread with one hasn't posted back with his opinion so far.

#35 (permalink)      3/4/2021 3:37:46 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Wylie
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 5645
  • Reviews 77
  • Kudos3645
+2 details
s.moriwaki wrote:

Have you tried taking this thing out and about, Wylie? Just wondering if it wicks too well, and any juice drips out past the drip tip, etc. I'll take a punt on Monday, I think, since the MTL option is included in this SKU.

Just into town driving in a vehicle for drive thru and shopping.
So far it hasn't leaked, found it on the couch a few times on it's side after brief periods, no spotting so far.
With the larger wick and coil it can't be throttled too hard I've found as mentioned previously as the flavor diminishes and threatens a potential dry hit when the liquid is getting low. I've only used 50/50 liquids in it so far.

Side note: The 0.1 x 0.8mm Made in the U.S.A. 316L ribbon wire got me down to 16 watts, 10 to 20 mWh vapes. 3mm ID 5 wrap at .55 ohms for a very respectable RDL vape.
I took to throttling her a little hard this evening ya know with the 17.5 watts and darkened up the wick but she's still steaming along without any dry hits. More like the liquid is baking onto the coil and it skews the look of the wick but there is a little darkening of the wick.
Aint even wrapped out at 18.5 watts although Replay is telling me the liquid is lagging just a little with the tank getting low.
Best coil yet in this atomizer even though it is off to one side and a little low it's made the Cabeo one of my preferred atomizers, and I have many!

Edit: Nice build for a mech tube too.

Edited on 3/13/2021 at 1:45 AM. Reason:
#36 (permalink)      3/8/2021 2:10:35 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
FrankieS
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 712
  • Reviews 211
  • Kudos343
+1 details
Here’s a review in English. Jay Haze gives it one of his highest scores.

#37 (permalink)      3/8/2021 7:26:33 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Wylie
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 5645
  • Reviews 77
  • Kudos3645
Thanks Frankie!
I realized during the video J missed the fact the air flow can be limited to one side only which mine will do as well and I didn't mention it earlier in this thread. Edit: Either I missed it or he's edited his video, this point was mentioned.

That jackass cracks me up trying to talk machining, just makes himself look worse all the time. The professional reviewer doesn't go MTL? Oh I'm shocked and applauded! LMAO!

I wouldn't try dry burning your coil with the plastic air flow ring in place as J did.

Edited on 3/10/2021 at 4:04 AM. Reason:
#38 (permalink)      3/9/2021 1:17:15 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rico300zx
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 1177
  • Reviews 147
  • Kudos342
If it means anything Jai haze gave it a glowing review I believe the other day
https://youtu.be/OHE-bf3uiAA

Edited on 3/9/2021 at 1:21 AM. Reason:
www.youtube.com/rico300zx (Hand Strength and Weight Lifting in case your interested)
#39 (permalink)      3/12/2021 6:03:24 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Wylie
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 5645
  • Reviews 77
  • Kudos3645
+2 details
Bumping the thread for a very good design. I've rarely used much else since the Cabeo arrived.
#40 (permalink)      3/12/2021 7:07:17 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Technomania
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 191
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos171
+1 details
Wylie wrote:

Bumping the thread for a very good design. I've rarely used much else since the Cabeo arrived.

I received mine around a week ago, but haven't gotten around to throwing a build in it yet. Looks VERY nicely made, and a direct 1:1 to the original from what I've seen. Taking dry-pulls with the MTL insert installed seems like it will suit me just fine as well.

"We've taken care of everything, The words you read, The songs you sing, The pictures that give pleasure to your eyes"....(Priests of Syrinx, 2112 AD)
#41 (permalink)      3/12/2021 7:12:49 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2072
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos1635
Technomania wrote:

I received mine around a week ago, but haven't gotten around to throwing a build in it yet. Looks VERY nicely made, and a direct 1:1 to the original from what I've seen. Taking dry-pulls with the MTL insert installed seems like it will suit me just fine as well.

I know it's difficult to be wholly accurate, but what kind of MTL draw are you able to get from it with that MTL insert? 1mm and under?