shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

no build deck?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      2/1/2021 3:25:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
marnk
  • JoinedDec 2017
  • Posts 6
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos3
+1 details
Wylie wrote:

cilika wrote:Will this come with both inserts?I doubt it being labeled "DL" direct lung. Looking at the construction I'm not so sure these are going to make it as any stellar old school MTL style atomizer. Looks like too much potential for air to bypass the ring that has the airflow holes so the air in turn wouldn't be directed right onto the coil. Seriously tight machining tolerances if you're considering a .8mm MTL kinda draw to say the least!I generally vape DL to RDL and enjoy RDTAs of this configuration although the wick method to the deck with this atomizer is something new I believe should work well and the reviews say it does. If it doesn't, it can be hacked easily. And I like the look of the little beasty too.

You need to order the MTL insert and mouthpiece separately: https://www.fasttech.com/p/9736735

#12 (permalink)      2/1/2021 5:25:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Wylie
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 5644
  • Reviews 77
  • Kudos3644
Yes, I know, thank you

I'm just not interested in in this atomizer for MTL.
Always keep your ear to the ground!
#13 (permalink)      2/1/2021 6:32:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2072
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos1634
Wylie wrote:

Yes, I know, thank you

Others might be though!

marnk wrote:

You need to order the MTL insert and mouthpiece separately: https://www.fasttech.com/p/9736735

Unfortunately, that MTL top cap looks to have an inclusive moulded drip tip. So if it doesn't suit your lips, you're kind of buggered really.

#14 (permalink)      2/1/2021 7:49:56 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Lalli
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 179
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos104
+1 details
It should take 510 drip tips.
#15 (permalink)      2/1/2021 8:06:16 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 15132
  • Reviews 380
  • Kudos29149
The ring beside the atomiser on the first photo serves as an adapter for 510 DTs.

I'm more than half done with DL vape and most of the time staying on the loose MTL side, around 1.8-2mm air intake. As I like to reduce to the minimum: condensation and noise. Don't like to blow too much vapor either. Even with some little gears you can fog up a closed place in no time that's enough for me.

But the construction of this RTA looks very interesting.
#16 (permalink)      2/2/2021 3:39:31 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Wylie
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 5644
  • Reviews 77
  • Kudos3644
analogueman wrote:

Wylie wrote:
Yes, I know, thank you

Others might be though!

marnk wrote:
Unfortunately, that MTL top cap looks to have an inclusive moulded drip tip. So if it doesn't suit your lips, you're kind of buggered really.

Edit: Didn't quote that correctly!

LMAO!

Edited on 2/6/2021 at 8:23 PM. Reason:
#17 (permalink)      2/22/2021 11:30:51 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Wylie
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 5644
  • Reviews 77
  • Kudos3644
+1 details
marnk wrote:

I don't see the build deck and air inlets in the pictures. Are these provided?

Here's a pic of the one I ordered from this site. It's being cleaned at the moment so more later if anyone is interested.

#18 (permalink)      2/22/2021 1:48:48 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Lalli
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 179
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos104
Nice put some more pictures and tell opinions on how it vapes after you have tried it.
#19 (permalink)      2/22/2021 7:49:34 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Wylie
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 5644
  • Reviews 77
  • Kudos3644
+3 details
Okey doke
I'm thinkin this is a 1:1 from what I seen in the videos.

First coil shoehorned in, it's set a little lower than I might prefer looking at it but it's just the first build.
VV 316l MTL wire tension wrapped on a 3.5mm mandrel ringing at .46 ohms, wicked with Puffs cotton ends cut to press into the kidney bean shaped wick holes.
Far from bad, about as restrictive as I go with air flow, more later.
Edit: I went in and lifted the coil just a wee tad and the flavor spectrum of the liquid I'm very familiar with is very much on point! Seems I might be killing it with this coil diameter, kind of a flooded over flavored kinda vape.

Edited on 2/22/2021 at 8:15 PM. Reason:
#20 (permalink)      2/23/2021 5:51:02 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Wylie
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 5644
  • Reviews 77
  • Kudos3644
$0.50 rebate earned+3 details
Round two, my game's a little off, coil's a little canted to one side and I didn't wick as well but the Cabeo is still performing well. 3mm ID this time same wire with 5 wraps ohms tested at .53. This allowed for a more favorable draw, not as restricted as round one.

I'm thinking the large bore on the stock drip tip is a little over cooked, too big be the hole the hole the hole!
510s fit real nice and snug although I feel the looks of the atomizer suffer slightly with the clean lines diminished by the protruding air flow locking ring.

Using the air flow locking ring for those with compromised grasping ability or four thumbs might be a little questionable. The plastic stock drip tip has the whole tentative installation being plastic on metal threads, reverse spin with a click skip over the thread and forward twist works fine though.

The filling port works well and my 50/50 didn't eject upon entry although flooding the deck has to be kept in mind watching for the slightest increase in moisture about the wick and coil while filling.
My first build once flooded took a while to vape clear, this atty wicks like a champ! Cutting wicks at a bit of an angle so the ends sit straight onto the bottom of the kidney shaped wick holes works extremely well.

Fit and finish of this particular Cabeo has to be very close to on par with the authentic, a little chamfer could have been used at the top of the air flow ring and a few micro plastic hairs were plucked but it's very nicely manufactured.

It does vape up all the liquid in the tank.

No, that's not lip scum, I hold my drip tips in my teeth sometimes.

I'm guessing the DL air flow ring to have holes that are about 2.8mm in diameter, no pin gauges for seriously accurate measurements on hand.

More room for air with the 3mm ID coil.

And my coil could be just a shade high this time.

Note the little space below the air flow ring, this is why I was questioning seriously tight MTL with this type of configuration besides the potential spaces above as well once closed up.

So far I see this as money well spent.

Oops! forgot a pic

And for my next stupid human trick I order more wire, like I need it! 0.1mm x 0.8mm 316L Ribbon wire I do not have but soon will. I got me a plan I tell ya! ;0)

Edited on 3/6/2021 at 3:17 AM. Reason:
#21 (permalink)      2/24/2021 2:15:31 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Anniepan
Staff
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 10335
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos5446
+1 details
Hello marnk,

We will revise the listing pictures later, then you will see the accessories. Thank you.