shopping cart empty
Tank held on by O-Rings, a percription for disaster.
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      1/7/2021 6:23:10 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Kilzz
  • JoinedJun 2014
  • Posts 159
  • Reviews 85
  • Kudos120
Tank held on by O-Rings, a percription for disaster.
It appears the tank section is held on by o-rings. There are no threads on the base. This looks like a juice leak waiting to happen.

Edited on 1/7/2021 at 6:23 AM. Reason:
#2 (permalink)      1/7/2021 9:06:24 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2043
  • Reviews 247
  • Kudos1091
Prescription for disaster? Not at all, but perhaps if you carry your mod jogging or during high impact aerobics (lol) or similar, you may want to choose another that you are more comfortable with. I don't own this, and never will, (v8 is a disaster) but quite a few tanks work quite well with friction fit, or turn to lock style systems.
Insert idiotic mantra here.
#3 (permalink)      1/7/2021 9:07:27 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2043
  • Reviews 247
  • Kudos1091
+1 details
Also, you make great Paint Primer! My basement man-cave thanks you!
#4 (permalink)      1/7/2021 9:32:05 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5136
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos3661
I think OP is right, these o-rings are going to be damaged over time with the friction fit. If they don't fail from pulling apart at first they might start to. Or pushing over them will displace them.
It just seems like a bad design. There is a reason so many tanks screw together, and none that I can think of are friction fit. I have had much less used and relied upon o-rings fail over time.
#5 (permalink)      1/7/2021 9:57:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2043
  • Reviews 247
  • Kudos1091
iF you look there appears to something at the bottom of the tank, similar maybe to a bayonet style closing system. Patibulum is just press fit o-rings, tight as a tick. But I always (falsely) assume that everyone has a box of 1000s of spare o-rings like me, to replace at their leisure.
#6 (permalink)      1/7/2021 10:12:57 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5136
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos3661
I have plenty of o-rings, I just don't see the point in designing something that relies this heavily on them. I mean how is this a better design, or how is this made better with friction fit? What am I missing that couldn't have been accomplished in a better way?

We are arm chair experts, I don't have this in hand, and I would not buy it because this isn't the style I like to vape in and it seems like a bad design. If it was in hand maybe I could see what special thing they accomplish by doing it this way.
#7 (permalink)      1/7/2021 11:34:47 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Works for rdas so no reason why it wouldn't work for rtas or am I missing something?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgPDW0ZpgJU
#8 (permalink)      1/7/2021 12:03:31 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5136
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos3661
I am not saying it wont work, just that probably not for as long without upkeep as a standard screw in piece
#9 (permalink)      1/7/2021 1:17:07 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2043
  • Reviews 247
  • Kudos1091
I like the simplicity, but with O-rings there's always a chance of fitment issues. It sometimes can be problematic for tanks over RDAs, just because of the leverage the extra tank height gives. But still, I think this tank has a press fit chamber...not sure about the tank. I'll find a video...

One thing is preference...many people hate threaded pc, acrylic tanks, as they become quite thin and weak at that area.
#10 (permalink)      1/7/2021 1:24:57 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2043
  • Reviews 247
  • Kudos1091
+1 details
Italians will literally buy anything mtl or tobacco related, won't they? Anyway, even in Italian It's plain to see the tank is threaded. The Chamber is held on the deck by 3 O rings, so I think I can safely say this tank won't be a problem.

Killz, No issues here! YT has several videos. Actually looks like a huge improvement over V8
#11 (permalink)      1/7/2021 8:11:28 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Kilzz
  • JoinedJun 2014
  • Posts 159
  • Reviews 85
  • Kudos120
The base screws into the mod. Then you are going to place a tank full of juice on it and fill it up making it heavy. While the o-rings might (a very big might considering its sold on FT) hold the tank on, eventually they will fail. All it will take at some point is not holding it upright and the weight of the tank, a coating of ejuice on the orings, and gravity will cause it to fall off of the base. That or drop it and then juice goes everywhere. I have seen this before with the old kayfun extension tanks. Remember there are two types of vapers. Those that have dropped a mod and those that will drop a mod.

Edited on 1/7/2021 at 8:11 PM. Reason: