shopping cart empty
preview
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      4/9/2021 8:56:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
doggystyle
  • JoinedJun 2015
  • Posts 92
  • Reviews 53
  • Kudos24
preview
This will be an early review but i can come back to it.

Price - FT better than on Ali
Shipping - very fast despite cheap China Post option

Now i was choosing this carefully, there are many types from Joyroom or Baseus. I definitely wanted a shtrong grip, and that one is here: with a screw, and with a tiny grip at the end of the massive rubber. There's also a small stabilizer which will help prevent shaking. I will yet to see how efficient it is versus a separate leg.

Now the opening mechanism. It doesn't seem to activate from a distance but that will be tested in time. So you start the electricity and it will open. Great. You place the phone and it will close, but first it will locate the coil, which is funny (thou it takes several seconds). It's really cool no matter how tall the phone is it will find the coil. Finally it will close the side arms and hold it quite well, with the bottom support. I used the magnets before and the phone could fall. So this is cool. Now to remove the phone you need to press the button behind the phone, which is touch-y not press-y. I am not sure how comfy it is, again i'd check later. Now when you switch off the car, the arms will collapse, which I find very desirable, as any cradle looks ugly with arms open, as a matter of fact. So this device actually works when disconnected.

Finally, there's a positive surprise about how huge phablets this can hold. It's a devastating news to haters - it can hold Note20 Ultra with a massive LED case. What's unbelievable it can charge it in fast mode despite it. But wait, it can charge it fast even when you flip the flip case to the back, creating a massive 1cm gap between phone and charger. I had absolutely no luck with other Qi chargers from my collection, even with the flip case closed.

Design is one of the best ones, not too nerdy, not too bulky. Connection is modern USB-C. Now it's time to test it in time.
#2 (permalink)      4/10/2021 12:21:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
doggystyle
  • JoinedJun 2015
  • Posts 92
  • Reviews 53
  • Kudos24
Day of active car use:
- so the ball isn't very strong, make sure to position it in proper angle (not 90 degree)
- the arms are not very strong either, phone fell off once -> again angle is important + my extreme scenario of huge phone with flip case flipped will not work so well, i will try with normal case. But i'm still shocked it charges.
- it holds very well in the vent, but the extra leg would be helpful to avoid shakes
- touch button to release is hard to get used to, there will be some learn curve. The other models have a physical button on the side, and that makes more sense to me.
So far good.
#3 (permalink)      4/10/2021 7:56:15 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 10306
  • Reviews 257
  • Kudos6629
I want that transparent phone.
In a drop top Chevy with the roof wide open, my partners looking at me to see if my eyes open cause I've been drankin and I've Been smokin'