[dismiss] FastTech will be on holiday from October 1, 2022 to October 7, 2022. All services resume on October 8, 2022, at 1:00 am (UTC). (details).
Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

More comfortable than a Balance
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      4/10/2021 2:17:24 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
+6 details
More comfortable than a Balance
Despite its protruding +/- button the Flexy sbs mod is more comfortable to hold and easier to use than the Balance sbs mod. Made by the same cloner, 5aVape, the Flexy uses the same chip with the same menu options, is a little taller and only fits 22mm or under attys.

In both 18350 and 18650 mode the feel in the hand is much more comfortable thanks to it's figure eight design with fits like a glove in your hand. The finish of the body is smooth and lighter than the Balance, the buttons don't require any effort to locate without looking and the battery cap sits flush.

Edited on 4/10/2021 at 8:41 PM. Reason:
#2 (permalink)      8/6/2021 7:23:23 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
sal555
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2014
  • Posts 2
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2
+1 details
Thanks - very useful comparison, just what I was looking for.

Does the Flexy (or Balance) have any battery venting holes on the mod or on the 18650 tube?

Edited on 8/6/2021 at 7:31 AM. Reason:
#3 (permalink)      8/6/2021 8:46:12 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
+2 details
No worries. Neither the Flexy or Balance have battery venting holes on the mod or the 18650 tube. Being regulated mods the chip has protection to prevent the battery from getting to a point that it would vent.
#4 (permalink)      8/9/2021 12:00:06 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
sal555
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2014
  • Posts 2
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2
+1 details
Much appreciated, thank you.

Sorry to trouble you further, but I don't suppose you've evaluated the TC performance on this mod/chip?

Edited on 8/9/2021 at 12:12 PM. Reason:
#5 (permalink)      8/9/2021 12:46:38 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
+1 details
sal555 wrote:

Much appreciated, thank you.

Sorry to trouble you further, but I don't suppose you've evaluated the TC performance on this mod/chip?

I have tested tc in the Flexy and Balance and it works accurately from what I can tell.

#6 (permalink)      8/13/2021 3:08:49 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
merone15152
  • JoinedApr 2021
  • Posts 1
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
Hello. When will 5avape Flexy styled sbs black or steel be available?
#7 (permalink)      6/5/2022 7:35:11 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Panto911
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 57
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos7
+1 details
djvillan wrote:

Despite its protruding +/- button the Flexy sbs mod is more comfortable to hold and easier to use than the Balance sbs mod. Made by the same cloner, 5aVape, the Flexy uses the same chip with the same menu options, is a little taller and only fits 22mm or under attys.In both 18350 and 18650 mode the feel in the hand is much more comfortable thanks to it's figure eight design with fits like a glove in your hand. The finish of the body is smooth and lighter than the Balance, the buttons don't require any effort to locate without looking and the battery cap sits flush.

Thanks for the review. I saw a YouTube video on both of these from the same YouTuber and he said the balance fire button can be locked by 5 click of the power button but the flexy can't? How if this is the same chipset? Can you please verify if this is true. Thank you

#8 (permalink)      6/6/2022 6:38:23 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
Panto911 wrote:

Thanks for the review. I saw a YouTube video on both of these from the same YouTuber and he said the balance fire button can be locked by 5 click of the power button but the flexy can't? How if this is the same chipset? Can you please verify if this is true. Thank you

Hello Panto911. I can confirm that 5 clicks of the fire button does lock it and unlock it, just like the Balance.