Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Is there a replacement Glass or window section for this? 2019 parts fit? (can be either 2ml or 4ml modes)
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      3/12/2021 2:04:17 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
Renge wrote:

@djvillan - Always thanks for the heads-up and replies. Keeps us on our toes.
But, you're basing your statements of them being PC, based on purely price and appearance.

As much as I want to believe (or not believe) you, those aren't good enough reasons.
We'd have to see it naturally cracking (with cracker juices) or some other kinda tests.

I've had two "PEI" SXK clone tanks crack using the same e-liquid I only use, tobacco mint. Hence why I bought two authentic 'Fire" PEI tanks to replace them.

Like you said, the only way for you to know for sure is to buy one and test it. Who knows, I may have been unlucky and received a bad batch and the quality is now better, but the quality is still not the same as the authentic PEI tanks.

#22 (permalink)      3/12/2021 2:05:44 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
Renge wrote:

Here's an easy question for KFLP2021 owners...

On the 2021 tank-extension, are the top threads plastic or metal (threads into the top metal sleeve or into plastic)? (where the top threads of the chimney secure onto)

None of the listings' pictures show that (the very inside of the extension tank).

They're PC (plastic).

#23 (permalink)      3/12/2021 2:15:17 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Renge
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2016
  • Posts 76
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos13
Thanks... maybe I'll avoid buying those 2021 replacement tanks (as I prefer more-durable metal threads... like on the stock metal cap).

Is this one that @cilika mentioned, PC too? It is stated as POM.
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10060866/9725989-replacement-dome-tank-kit-for-22mm-kf-lite-2019

Edited on 3/12/2021 at 2:16 PM. Reason:
#24 (permalink)      3/12/2021 2:20:51 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16119
  • Reviews 390
  • Kudos29790
So specs say it's PC...BUMM!

The POM is definitely for the drip tip.
#25 (permalink)      3/12/2021 2:24:33 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Renge
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2016
  • Posts 76
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos13
Ah, I see, that sux.... I thought maybe it was the other way around (POM tank, PC driptip)

edit: just realized POM is not translucent, lol.

Edited on 3/12/2021 at 2:32 PM. Reason:
#26 (permalink)      3/12/2021 2:37:15 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16119
  • Reviews 390
  • Kudos29790
That would be nice =D but I wonder if ever seen transparent POM.
You must excuse me, all the little connaissance I could gathered about plastic after some years is through buying chinese vaping gadgets. But must be right, usually if they sort out 3 or more colours of a cap, the PEI-like colour is just PEI-like, with the most chance.

Also that I couldn't thoroughly test plastic tanks with cracker juices as I hardly use any. Couldn't put hands on a good cinnamon or ginger aroma for years, I use menthol only very occasionally (when I was using some in some mixes, they could go into PC tanks w/o issues) and I don't like to vape citric flavours. So I don't really crack tanks.
#27 (permalink)      3/12/2021 3:28:21 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Renge
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2016
  • Posts 76
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos13
Just ordered 10x sxk pei window-sections and 10x sxk pei long-modes. (cancelled all my pc-tank pending-orders on FT)
Should be good for while, lol.

But, still have 17 different pc-tanks, already shipped from 3fv (way too late to cancel). So, don’t know what’ll do with all those... try to sell I guess.
#28 (permalink)      3/12/2021 3:41:54 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
essellar
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 2311
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2029
+1 details
Sorry to hear that SXK is (or at least may be) playing games with materials. I've been running all of the killers (cinnamon, anise, grapefruit, TPA banana, etc.) happily through my Coppervape PEI Dvarws, NarBAs with PEI tubes, and a Steam Tuners Kayfun gen-3 Clearview bell cap - the only "authentic" thing on the list - for a couple of years with no problems. PEI works if it's actual PEI. And if it's the only way to get it, popping for a SvoëMesto PEI tube for your clone Kayfun wouldn't be money wasted, even at five times the price of the clone unit.
#29 (permalink)      3/12/2021 4:43:01 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Renge
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2016
  • Posts 76
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos13
I have a feeling it'll be real PEI... just made from different raw materials/pellets; and just a different shade/color, opacity and/or quality of PEI.

Peek insulators when stated peek (even clones), are usually genuine peek. So I would think the same for PEI, esp from the better clones like SXK.

China has tons of very quality raw material resources for many different industries (electronics, metals, carbon fiber, plastics, chemicals, etc., etc.). Same exact quality (if not better), just a much cheaper price than western countries.

PEI pellets and raw-material would be a joke to them; they can def make that super easily. There are much more expensive and rare materials (which they also produce with no problems). It's only US and western countries hyping certain materials up, marketing and charging a premium (for what is dirt cheap to manufacture in China).

Edited on 3/12/2021 at 4:45 PM. Reason:
#30 (permalink)      3/12/2021 4:55:00 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Renge
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2016
  • Posts 76
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos13
Of course, if my "feeling" and guess is wrong, and one of my SXK pei tanks cracks... I will re-visit this thread, update ya'll and admit my guess was wrong.
#31 (permalink)      3/12/2021 4:57:59 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16119
  • Reviews 390
  • Kudos29790
If you use 22mm kaifuns, if I were you Renge, I'd cancel the 10 SXK window sections or at least 9 of it and would go to SKU 9693085 to find out if they can stand my juices.
But that's just an idea ;)