Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Is there a replacement Glass or window section for this? 2019 parts fit? (can be either 2ml or 4ml modes)
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      3/12/2021 1:54:47 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Renge
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2016
  • Posts 76
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos13
Even all the “SXK pei kf 2019 22mm” options are PC?
#12 (permalink)      3/12/2021 3:08:24 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
Renge wrote:

Even all the “SXK pei kf 2019 22mm” options are PC?

Yes. The real PEI tanks for the KFL 2019 cost a lot more.

Edited on 3/12/2021 at 7:11 AM. Reason:
#13 (permalink)      3/12/2021 4:03:32 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Renge
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2016
  • Posts 76
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos13
How are you so sure? From what experiences or proof?
It’s a pretty unbelievable, broad and generalized statement to say “all...from China”

Why would they lie about a super-specific spec like material? I’d think that’s super important to not lie about. They would use “xxx-styled” for unauthentic items. And any SS products are definitely SS if it specifically states it.

China usually has very very good quality stuff and manufacturing nowadays at much cheaper prices than overpriced US stuff. (of course, just specific items and not everything). +5x cheaper... but that’s why US companies outsource to them.
Carbon fiber, stainless steel, electronic components, analog music components, computers, quality brand or outdoor clothing, etc., etc. from China are quite good these days.
A lot of raw materials come from China too... just built and final-assembled elsewhere... no such thing as 100% “made in US/Germany/Japan”

Just because it’s cheap and from China, doesn’t always mean it’s not quality nor not real.
#14 (permalink)      3/12/2021 6:49:16 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16104
  • Reviews 390
  • Kudos29786
Of course, I can't be 100% sore, but the tank sections or even this one are PEI. The top fill tanks might be very well coloured something else. I avoid to test them with cracker juices, however.

Well, FT isn't the one who should investigate about materials, starting from that they often can't tell the difference between brass and copper till that they call everything SS that is heavier. They take what the suppliers/manufacturers tell them as specs. Better to grow an eye for it. There've been many mistakes, many times about materials since I've been buying stuff but I wouldn't say, "they are lying". But I learned, (when it's about electronic stuff) you can never be sure what's underneath the plating/painting ;) I happened once to sand off the paint from a box which was told SS and found some cheap, easily tarnishing (though sturdy and heavy) alloy underneath. It happens, oh well. But I wouldn't repeat the experience, hehe.

Thank djvillan for the reply. I had a slight remind that it wasn't a generic clone. Never mind, those glasses will be good for the Gear itself ;)
#15 (permalink)      3/12/2021 7:05:17 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
Renge wrote:

How are you so sure? From what experiences or proof?
It’s a pretty unbelievable, broad and generalized statement to say “all...from China”

Why would they lie about a super-specific spec like material? I’d think that’s super important to not lie about. They would use “xxx-styled” for unauthentic items. And any SS products are definitely SS if it specifically states it.

China usually has very very good quality stuff and manufacturing nowadays at much cheaper prices than overpriced US stuff. (of course, just specific items and not everything). +5x cheaper... but that’s why US companies outsource to them.
Carbon fiber, stainless steel, electronic components, analog music components, computers, quality brand or outdoor clothing, etc., etc. from China are quite good these days.
A lot of raw materials come from China too... just built and final-assembled elsewhere... no such thing as 100% “made in US/Germany/Japan”

Just because it’s cheap and from China, doesn’t always mean it’s not quality nor not real.

I have four authentic and multiples of the clone KFL 2019 and KFL Plus 2021 rtas, tanks and other accessories in 22mm and 24mm versions.

Buy a 22mm SXK PEI tank, then compare it to the genuine Svoemesto 'Fire' PEI tank and you'll clearly be able to notice the difference.

Edited on 3/12/2021 at 7:38 AM. Reason:
#16 (permalink)      3/12/2021 7:17:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16104
  • Reviews 390
  • Kudos29786
I won't buy a genuine Svoemesto 'Fire' PEI tank now, I'm fine, but thanks.

Definitely there are quality differences between PEI and PEI too.
#17 (permalink)      3/12/2021 12:02:10 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Renge
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2016
  • Posts 76
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos13
"Well, FT isn't the one who should investigate about materials, starting from that they often can't tell the difference between brass and copper... ...They take what the suppliers/manufacturers tell them as specs...."

@clicka - I agree and very true. Forgot that their job (FT) and all they do is list listings for sale.
Yes, always grow an eye for it... that's why reviews are good.

A lot of China products are obviously cheap and poor quality. But there are also, always, many exceptions.... just gotta look/know.

As for the SXK/Infinite manufacturer themselves... I kinda find it hard to believe they would skimp on quality. When they say it is SS, it is def SS. When they say it is copper or brass, it def is too. So I kinda find it hard to believe, that when they say it is PEI, it is really PC.

Edited on 3/12/2021 at 12:23 PM. Reason:
#18 (permalink)      3/12/2021 12:07:16 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Renge
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2016
  • Posts 76
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos13
"I have four authentic and multiples of the clones...

Buy a 22mm SXK PEI tank, then compare it to the genuine Svoemesto 'Fire' PEI tank and you'll clearly be able to notice the difference."

@djvillan - Always thanks for the heads-up and replies. Keeps us on our toes.
But, you're basing your statements of them being PC, based on purely price and appearance.

As much as I want to believe (or not believe) you, those aren't good enough reasons.
We'd have to see it naturally cracking (with cracker juices) or some other kinda tests.
#19 (permalink)      3/12/2021 12:16:50 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Renge
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2016
  • Posts 76
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos13
+1 details
"Definitely there are quality differences between PEI and PEI too."

@cilika - Exactly!

First, plastics are chemically made/mixed with different source material/pellets and also manufacturing processes. Their appearance, color and opacity can vary greatly.
But, something like SS, copper, brass can easily look similar to each other, wherever it is made in the world.
Things like plastics, paint, liquids, paper, etc. on the other hand, can look vastly different depending on manufacturing and raw material/pellets.

Second, genuine Svoe and China products will for sure be made in different parts of the world, with different raw material/pellets and different manufacturing. They could both be PEI (or not), but have a totally different color, opacity, appearance, etc.
#20 (permalink)      3/12/2021 12:58:02 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Renge
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2016
  • Posts 76
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos13
Here's an easy question for KFLP2021 owners...

On the 2021 tank-extension, are the top threads plastic or metal (threads into the top metal sleeve or into plastic)? (where the top threads of the chimney secure onto)

None of the listings' pictures show that (the very inside of the extension tank).

Edited on 3/12/2021 at 1:51 PM. Reason:
#21 (permalink)      3/12/2021 2:04:17 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
Renge wrote:

@djvillan - Always thanks for the heads-up and replies. Keeps us on our toes.
But, you're basing your statements of them being PC, based on purely price and appearance.

As much as I want to believe (or not believe) you, those aren't good enough reasons.
We'd have to see it naturally cracking (with cracker juices) or some other kinda tests.

I've had two "PEI" SXK clone tanks crack using the same e-liquid I only use, tobacco mint. Hence why I bought two authentic 'Fire" PEI tanks to replace them.

Like you said, the only way for you to know for sure is to buy one and test it. Who knows, I may have been unlucky and received a bad batch and the quality is now better, but the quality is still not the same as the authentic PEI tanks.