shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Terrible quality and dangerous
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#41 (permalink)      1/18/2021 3:59:45 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
The_Masteres
  • JoinedJan 2019
  • Posts 420
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos130
Lalli wrote:

Got the Shenray version today and did a quick wash and setup. Sadly it's also too loose, so there's air leaking from somewhere.
Probably similar issue to YFTK version, and could be same in all clones. Not super loose but with 1mm insert it feels like 1.4mm.
Shame because everything else is fine, no other issues at all.

Thx for the above. Did you pick the 0.8 insert ? Might do the trick if it feels like 1.2 ? How about the flavor ?

#42 (permalink)      1/19/2021 7:58:43 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Lalli
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 161
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos97
The_Masteres wrote:

Thx for the above. Did you pick the 0.8 insert ? Might do the trick if it feels like 1.2 ? How about the flavor ?

No I got only stock inserts. First build and first juice in and I have done only half a tanko so far, but flavor feels ok, nothing spectacular.
I must try to see where the extra air is leaking and fix it, I'm way too dissapointed now.

Edited on 1/19/2021 at 7:59 AM. Reason:
#43 (permalink)      1/21/2021 6:55:39 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Lalli
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 161
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos97
+2 details
It got better when I changed the airflow o- rings on the deck. The spares were much fatter than pre- installed and seal better.
It’s still not feeling like 1mm draw but much more useable for me.

Edited on 1/21/2021 at 6:56 AM. Reason:
#44 (permalink)      1/21/2021 8:26:07 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
The_Masteres
  • JoinedJan 2019
  • Posts 420
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos130
Lalli wrote:

It got better when I changed the airflow o- rings on the deck. The spares were much fatter than pre- installed and seal better.It’s still not feeling like 1mm draw but much more useable for me.

Thx. Good news ! Thats good to know. Any idea about the size of these o-rings ?

#45 (permalink)      1/21/2021 11:35:45 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Technomania
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 130
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos120
It's good to see the issue getting better, since the Ulton version is on-point in the MTL & flavor depts IMO. The version here should be as good when tightened-up. I noticed another single-hole insert in the bag, but it was a smaller diameter than the one I had in.. That one was a great, tight, MTL, but after a couple of days, TOO tight for me. I now have the 2-hole insert in, and I'm totally happy with the draw when wide-open... VERY nice, saturated MTL (to me) that's making me quickly neglect my Tripod, KF Mini V3 Plus, and Prime.. I'm DEFINITELY ordering another Ulton before CNY.

Hope everyone gets theirs straightened-out..

Edited on 1/21/2021 at 11:59 AM. Reason:
#46 (permalink)      1/22/2021 3:39:30 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Lalli
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 161
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos97
+1 details
The_Masteres wrote:

Any idea about the size of these o-rings ?

Stock ones in the original are 2.5x1.5, part no 20 on this pic:

https://stattqualm.ch/images/produkte/arise/SQuape_Arise-4ml_Explosionsdarstellung.pdf

#47 (permalink)      1/27/2021 2:48:07 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Lalli
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 161
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos97
+1 details
Hmm, in two F place’s FB page was a german customer review of Ulton Arise. Reviewer said that he complained to the seller of air leak from top deck part, and they send him 2 new top parts that were better fit and airflow got much tighter.
So I complained to seller of Shenray if they would have the same policy or perhaps have those tighter fitting top parts for sale. Not holding my breath for getting anything but you never know...
#48 (permalink)      2/1/2021 3:26:19 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
The_Masteres
  • JoinedJan 2019
  • Posts 420
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos130
Lalli wrote:

Hmm, in two F place’s FB page was a german customer review of Ulton Arise. Reviewer said that he complained to the seller of air leak from top deck part, and they send him 2 new top parts that were better fit and airflow got much tighter.
So I complained to seller of Shenray if they would have the same policy or perhaps have those tighter fitting top parts for sale. Not holding my breath for getting anything but you never know...

Any news ?

#49 (permalink)      2/2/2021 12:43:52 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Lalli
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 161
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos97
The_Masteres wrote:

Any news ?

Nothing so far.

#50 (permalink)      2/2/2021 8:18:13 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
nelsonm64
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 313
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos73
510 pin was so tight on mine it broke trying to get it out!!!
#51 (permalink)      2/2/2021 8:33:15 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
The_Masteres
  • JoinedJan 2019
  • Posts 420
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos130
Lalli wrote:

The_Masteres wrote:

Any news ?

Nothing so far.

I have contacted seller about the issue of the Arise clones (both ulton and shenray) and have received a reply as follows :

"1/ It is normal that there is a tiny gap if you just check the top cap due to the craft issue. Even the original one has the same issue.
2/ It has no influence on function if you assemble the atomizer well as the inner parts on the top cap is close well on the base which won't cause leaking air issue.

It can be checked by blowing from the drip tip after you assemble the atomizer well"

What I understand is that all clones would have the same issue, as well as the original, and that it would be user error and one have to check that the top cap is closed properly on the base.

I don't know if my understanding of their reply is correct ...

Edited on 2/2/2021 at 8:34 AM. Reason: