shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Game Over, Man! ...Game Over...
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.
Thread Tools Rate This Thread


Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      1/12/2021 6:49:33 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
carrion4worm
Member
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2001
  • Reviews 247
  • Kudos1066
+1 details
XDM45ACP wrote:

carrion4worm wrote:Ryno619 wrote:Thanks for the review, looks like a winner.BTW, is your strawberry coconut macaroon a DIY? Sounds delicious!It is delicious! It is made for me by the co-owner of a local juice distributor, but is closely based on Dinner Lady's "Strawberry Macaroon", adding a touch more almond and a touch more coconut. I like Dinner Lady more, but they are 20.00 a pop for 60ml. D.L. refuses to even make 100ml bottles, which means a lot of wasted plastic...I hate that.I have the PEI tank in the photo...that is not the stock P.C. tank. Also obvious in the photo is the gap visible on both sides of the Boro tank...This is an anomaly of the YFTK version only. They mistakenly made the Boro cut-out too wide by 1.5mm, creating the gap, and making the battery compartment wall very thin. Not really too much of an issue except when using some integrated drip tips - it takes a second to line up the Boro so as to not cross-thread it. You can actually see the Alien somewhat "crooked" in it's pocket in the above photo.Really enjoying the Alien so far!Hey C4, where the heck do you buy your Straw. Macc? I pay $6.99-$8.00... It's My ADV too.


Hey man, isn't it delicious? I still buy it occasionally, but I hate wasting all those bottles, I go through so much! I surely wouldn't mind knowing where you get it cheap, however...I did see it today for 14.99 at a place and ordered 4 bottles. My buddy found a recipe online last year and I mainly buy that in 500ml bottles.

Insert idiotic mantra here.
#12 (permalink)      1/13/2021 1:10:32 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
carrion4worm
Member
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2001
  • Reviews 247
  • Kudos1066
The fact that The base can be removed to work on a build, while the top is full of juice is revolutionary for Billet users...this is what we've been waiting for. I hate to say it, but the traditional Boro/ rba configuration that we've known for years really looks old and outdated after using this for a while...leaky build? Well, pop that tank full of juice right off and fix it! The Vape Snail was so close to achieving this, but just didn't utilize the integrated Boro to it's full potential...expect to see more integrated designs like this - working in the confines of the traditional tank appears to have run it's course as far as advancement goes.

Edited on 1/13/2021 at 1:11 AM. Reason:
Insert idiotic mantra here.
#13 (permalink)      1/14/2021 2:42:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
carrion4worm
Member
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2001
  • Reviews 247
  • Kudos1066
+1 details
I learn more, so I'm sharing. The rotating "swivel" located at the top of the Alien can be removed, which then allows this to be used with longer integrated tips. Once removed, adapter or integrated tips screw down fully, looking much better and flush.

No connection issues or leaks caused by removal of the small insert. it is held in by one o-ring.
Insert idiotic mantra here.
#14 (permalink)      1/25/2021 7:23:04 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Tony215
Member
  • JoinedMar 2020
  • Posts 71
  • Reviews 7
  • Kudos11
That Syndicate mod looks awesome,, never seen one before.

As for the EVL alien, I'm on the fence.. I recently got the EVL DotSpot for the Dot Aio and though its a decent vape,, it's very loud and feels rough... I watched a Grimm Green video on the EVL and i noticed he said the same thing..

My first Aio was the Ohm Vape aio, then the DotAio... Once I got the DotShell, I really invested in the style.. Being a bit jaded/spoiled by the Shell, I wanted to be able to take the deck out easily once I got a Billet.. So I got the Snail and I dig it.. I have a second Billet on the way, the YFTK BX blue.. And though I have an Exocet v2, I'm still weary of standard Boro rba bridges... So I'm still debating to get the EVL alien.. At least just as a backup or something.. Idk,,wish there were more styles like the Snail... Like if they made a Boxxer v2 clone...
#15 (permalink)      1/26/2021 2:21:43 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
carrion4worm
Member
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2001
  • Reviews 247
  • Kudos1066
the Alien is the best rba in terms of ease of use, cleanliness, and looks. The Exocet v2 beats all in terms of flavor and ease of wicking. The Vapesnail is really great for MTL users and DL users, with excellent flavor. All three should be in the discussion for best Billet bridge.

Supposedly, Dotmod is working on something to replace the crappy chip in their dotaio, but dna60 seems unlikely since they like to use their own chip. A low powered mosfet just doesnt perform well at higher resistances, and is their number one complaint, so expect a regulated version in the future. If you have a Billet, why bother, right?
Insert idiotic mantra here.
#16 (permalink)      1/26/2021 5:47:42 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Tony215
Member
  • JoinedMar 2020
  • Posts 71
  • Reviews 7
  • Kudos11
+1 details
yea,, i hear ya.. i doubt i would get a new Dot aio product.., but i do really enjoy the one i have... wish it was variable wattage though.. I didn't even want one initially but i found these really cool graphic doors on EVcigs and saw that the DotAio SE was $30 less than the regular one... Then right when I bought the Ulton Dotshell,, the mod died.. well, defected.. it wouldn't read the atty... sent it to Dot Mod and they did fix it for free.. (was only a month old)..
I also like it for its size.. It might be thicker than the Billet, but its smaller in every other way.. definitely good for an out and about aio, Im waiting for the Ulton DotMission to come along in the mail next... that rba looks great ..
#17 (permalink)      2/11/2021 11:18:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
stuartd
Member
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 582
  • Reviews 89
  • Kudos183
carrion4worm wrote:



Supposedly, Dotmod is working on something to replace the crappy chip in their dotaio, but dna60 seems unlikely since they like to use their own chip. A low powered mosfet just doesnt perform well at higher resistances, and is their number one complaint, so expect a regulated version in the future. If you have a Billet, why bother, right?



Somebody has already put a dn60 in there dotaio seen it on a Facebook dot page looks realy nice and more versatility

#18 (permalink)      2/11/2021 11:52:14 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Tony215
Member
  • JoinedMar 2020
  • Posts 71
  • Reviews 7
  • Kudos11
Oh wow,, that's awesome.. I gotta check that out..! How does the dna60 work though without a screen or buttons for variable wattage..?? .. Or is it like a mosfet type setup with just a dna chip..? Either way, that sounds sick
#19 (permalink)      2/12/2021 10:52:47 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
carrion4worm
Member
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2001
  • Reviews 247
  • Kudos1066
Tony215 wrote:

Oh wow,, that's awesome.. I gotta check that out..! How does the dna60 work though without a screen or buttons for variable wattage..?? .. Or is it like a mosfet type setup with just a dna chip..? Either way, that sounds sick


He stuffed it in a "custom" enclosure, not the Dotaio box. It will not fit, period, without routing out half the body.

Insert idiotic mantra here.
#20 (permalink)      2/19/2021 6:21:27 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
XDM45ACP
Member
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 2279
  • Reviews 38
  • Kudos2474
+1 details
carrion4worm wrote:

XDM45ACP wrote:
carrion4worm wrote:Ryno619 wrote:Thanks for the review, looks like a winner.BTW, is your strawberry coconut macaroon a DIY? Sounds delicious!It is delicious! It is made for me by the co-owner of a local juice distributor, but is closely based on Dinner Lady's "Strawberry Macaroon", adding a touch more almond and a touch more coconut. I like Dinner Lady more, but they are 20.00 a pop for 60ml. D.L. refuses to even make 100ml bottles, which means a lot of wasted plastic...I hate that.I have the PEI tank in the photo...that is not the stock P.C. tank. Also obvious in the photo is the gap visible on both sides of the Boro tank...This is an anomaly of the YFTK version only. They mistakenly made the Boro cut-out too wide by 1.5mm, creating the gap, and making the battery compartment wall very thin. Not really too much of an issue except when using some integrated drip tips - it takes a second to line up the Boro so as to not cross-thread it. You can actually see the Alien somewhat "crooked" in it's pocket in the above photo.Really enjoying the Alien so far!Hey C4, where the heck do you buy your Straw. Macc? I pay $6.99-$8.00... It's My ADV too.
Hey man, isn't it delicious? I still buy it occasionally, but I hate wasting all those bottles, I go through so much! I surely wouldn't mind knowing where you get it cheap, however...I did see it today for 14.99 at a place and ordered 4 bottles. My buddy found a recipe online last year and I mainly buy that in 500ml bottles.



A wholesale, account that I have.

“I don’t think there’s a black gun culture or white gun culture, I think there’s an informed gun culture and an "misinformed gun culture.”
#21 (permalink)      2/20/2021 4:23:06 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
stuartd
Member
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 582
  • Reviews 89
  • Kudos183
carrion4worm wrote:

Tony215 wrote:
Oh wow,, that's awesome.. I gotta check that out..! How does the dna60 work though without a screen or buttons for variable wattage..?? .. Or is it like a mosfet type setup with just a dna chip..? Either way, that sounds sick
He stuffed it in a "custom" enclosure, not the Dotaio box. It will not fit, period, without routing out half the body.



Its actually in a customised dotaio box they route out the bit for the screen to sit in all post a pic soon