shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Game Over, Man! ...Game Over...
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.
Thread Tools Rate This Thread


Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      1/11/2021 4:39:31 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
carrion4worm
Member
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2484
  • Reviews 266
  • Kudos1317
+5 details
Game Over, Man! ...Game Over...


Good vape, folks. I got this today, wrapped up a 2.5mm dualcore Clapton (Ni80, 28x2 inside, 38 wrap) and, after a little fuss, got this thing cooking at .64 at 26 watts (4.13V). I've just refilled, making this only 3 tanks worth of experience, but I will give my thoughts based on that...

It looks great. Solid, heavy and shiny, with deep, well-done engravings on both sides. This is as close to original as possible, but SXK is usually the best in the business at 1 to 1 reproductions. In the package are the rba, along with extra o-rings, gaskets, post screws, and 4 air inserts, which screw in under the coil. They range from 1mm to 3mm in .5mm increments. The 2mm was pre installed, but was promptly replaced with the largest, 3mm insert. This must be done before coil placement, but I have no issue there. A 510 adapter allows dry burning after set up.

The entire unit breaks down for cleaning, but basically it's two pieces, the tank and the deck. The tank is nice polycarb, thick enough to resist some damage. The chimney easily pops out, and the neck terminates at a swivel, allowing you to perfectly line up the bridge with the Billet's offset threaded nut hole- a nice touch, indeed. There is a rubber bung on the front, that fits normal bottles for filling.

The base is typical Reaper RTA all day- just two posts with flat head screws. This is the biggest drawback, as the screws don't trap well unless single wire or super fine claptons...a real disappointment, but not a deal breaker. imagine a Dvarw build and you're close. 2.5mm is the max coil I.D. I'd bother with, 3mm was shorting too easily for me. Wicking seems to be braindead easy, with two generous channels that encourage flattening and fanning out the wicks to dam the juice as it's gravity fed down to each corner. I was alarmed early on with the ease that the tank came off the deck, fearing it would get worse and leak when juiced up, but not at all....so far I've not experienced even one drop of leaky liquid, which I consider unusual to be honest.

One note is this Boro is meant to be filled upside down, and any other method will flood your deck and chimney. Actually it works quite well and is very neat and dry. The flavor, with my standard "boro" juice (strawberry coconut macaroon) tastes exactly like it's supposed to, and very punchy, like the VapeSnail or Bridg'D...it's obvious to me that the rectangular/oblong bridges really benefit from that extra room in the deck. Even my favorite, the Exocet 2, took this design, while rounding the corners. With the largest airflow of 3mm, I get a restrictive lung hit with little noise and little turbulence, though I wouldn't say "smooth". It's looking to be a very convenient and clean operating bridge...it even has multiple airflow entry points, to allow for use in the Delro, where the air comes In The back...

Well thought out, and nicely machined. Good job to SXK for bringing it to us for less than $150.00. try it yourself!

Edited on 1/11/2021 at 7:07 PM. Reason:
I know words...I have the best words.
#2 (permalink)      1/11/2021 5:53:11 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
Ryno619
Member
  • JoinedApr 2019
  • Posts 394
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos247
+2 details
Thanks for the review, looks like a winner.

BTW, is your strawberry coconut macaroon a DIY? Sounds delicious!

Edited on 1/11/2021 at 5:53 PM. Reason: typo
“For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.”
#3 (permalink)      1/11/2021 7:05:35 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
carrion4worm
Member
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2484
  • Reviews 266
  • Kudos1317
+2 details
Ryno619 wrote:

Thanks for the review, looks like a winner.BTW, is your strawberry coconut macaroon a DIY? Sounds delicious!


It is delicious! It is made for me by the co-owner of a local juice distributor, but is closely based on Dinner Lady's "Strawberry Macaroon", adding a touch more almond and a touch more coconut. I like Dinner Lady more, but they are 20.00 a pop for 60ml. D.L. refuses to even make 100ml bottles, which means a lot of wasted plastic...I hate that.

I have the PEI tank in the photo...that is not the stock P.C. tank. Also obvious in the photo is the gap visible on both sides of the Boro tank...This is an anomaly of the YFTK version only. They mistakenly made the Boro cut-out too wide by 1.5mm, creating the gap, and making the battery compartment wall very thin. Not really too much of an issue except when using some integrated drip tips - it takes a second to line up the Boro so as to not cross-thread it. You can actually see the Alien somewhat "crooked" in it's pocket in the above photo.

Really enjoying the Alien so far!


Edited on 1/11/2021 at 7:10 PM. Reason:
I know words...I have the best words.
#4 (permalink)      1/11/2021 7:41:41 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
airwinny
Member
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 8383
  • Reviews 224
  • Kudos30561
+1 details
carrion4worm wrote:

Boro


Haven't been able to find a bridge that I enjoy just as much as my Dvarws, so my BB has been collecting dust mostly. Noticed you posted somewhere that SXK had created a boro tank for the Vaporesso GTX coils and I happen to like those coils quite a bit. Ordered that boro, received this weekend, and the Billet Box hasn't left my hand since.

I wanted to thank you for that tip, but can't find the original post back, so I'll just do that here :)

#5 (permalink)      1/11/2021 8:54:04 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
carrion4worm
Member
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2484
  • Reviews 266
  • Kudos1317
+2 details
Great! If anybody can get some use out of all my rambling, it makes it all worthwhile...I actually ordered one myself yesterday, the Vaporesso coils are pretty damn good!
I know words...I have the best words.
#6 (permalink)      1/12/2021 6:20:00 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
Gigirat67
Member
  • JoinedDec 2016
  • Posts 269
  • Reviews 109
  • Kudos133
+1 details
carrion4worm wrote:

!


Thanks for that. It’s a great feedback on a product I was eyeing for a while. Being new to the World of Bridges and Boro it’s very useful.
There is one thing I don’t get about this design: why does the base have to be so thick ? Other than that, I’m convinced this will be my next step down the rabbit hole :-)

#7 (permalink)      1/12/2021 7:38:10 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
PaulDelve
Member
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 87
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos45

SXK had created a boro tank for the Vaporesso GTX coils



From here? Any chance of a link or sku?

#8 (permalink)      1/12/2021 8:03:10 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
carrion4worm
Member
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2484
  • Reviews 266
  • Kudos1317
SKU 9734698. Works for Voopoo PNP coils AND Vaporesso GTX coils!
I know words...I have the best words.
#9 (permalink)      1/12/2021 8:29:10 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
carrion4worm
Member
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2484
  • Reviews 266
  • Kudos1317
+3 details
Speaking of Boro devices: here's my newest by 67/Syndicate Mods from Belgium.
PEI love...

...that's the Exocet V2 swimming in 9ml of juice.

Edited on 1/12/2021 at 8:31 AM. Reason:
I know words...I have the best words.
#10 (permalink)      1/12/2021 11:48:28 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
XDM45ACP
Member
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 2304
  • Reviews 38
  • Kudos2486
carrion4worm wrote:

Ryno619 wrote:Thanks for the review, looks like a winner.BTW, is your strawberry coconut macaroon a DIY? Sounds delicious!It is delicious! It is made for me by the co-owner of a local juice distributor, but is closely based on Dinner Lady's "Strawberry Macaroon", adding a touch more almond and a touch more coconut. I like Dinner Lady more, but they are 20.00 a pop for 60ml. D.L. refuses to even make 100ml bottles, which means a lot of wasted plastic...I hate that.I have the PEI tank in the photo...that is not the stock P.C. tank. Also obvious in the photo is the gap visible on both sides of the Boro tank...This is an anomaly of the YFTK version only. They mistakenly made the Boro cut-out too wide by 1.5mm, creating the gap, and making the battery compartment wall very thin. Not really too much of an issue except when using some integrated drip tips - it takes a second to line up the Boro so as to not cross-thread it. You can actually see the Alien somewhat "crooked" in it's pocket in the above photo.Really enjoying the Alien so far!



Hey C4, where the heck do you buy your Straw. Macc? I pay $6.99-$8.00... It's My ADV too.


Edited on 1/12/2021 at 11:49 AM. Reason:
“I don’t think there’s a black gun culture or white gun culture, I think there’s an informed gun culture and an "misinformed gun culture.”
#11 (permalink)      1/12/2021 6:49:33 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
carrion4worm
Member
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2484
  • Reviews 266
  • Kudos1317
+1 details
XDM45ACP wrote:

carrion4worm wrote:Ryno619 wrote:Thanks for the review, looks like a winner.BTW, is your strawberry coconut macaroon a DIY? Sounds delicious!It is delicious! It is made for me by the co-owner of a local juice distributor, but is closely based on Dinner Lady's "Strawberry Macaroon", adding a touch more almond and a touch more coconut. I like Dinner Lady more, but they are 20.00 a pop for 60ml. D.L. refuses to even make 100ml bottles, which means a lot of wasted plastic...I hate that.I have the PEI tank in the photo...that is not the stock P.C. tank. Also obvious in the photo is the gap visible on both sides of the Boro tank...This is an anomaly of the YFTK version only. They mistakenly made the Boro cut-out too wide by 1.5mm, creating the gap, and making the battery compartment wall very thin. Not really too much of an issue except when using some integrated drip tips - it takes a second to line up the Boro so as to not cross-thread it. You can actually see the Alien somewhat "crooked" in it's pocket in the above photo.Really enjoying the Alien so far!Hey C4, where the heck do you buy your Straw. Macc? I pay $6.99-$8.00... It's My ADV too.


Hey man, isn't it delicious? I still buy it occasionally, but I hate wasting all those bottles, I go through so much! I surely wouldn't mind knowing where you get it cheap, however...I did see it today for 14.99 at a place and ordered 4 bottles. My buddy found a recipe online last year and I mainly buy that in 500ml bottles.

I know words...I have the best words.