Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Another AIO contender, V2
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      3/4/2022 8:39:18 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4792
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2878
Think you meant "Mission" bridge...the Gen is the KRMA RDTA, and I agree in that it is a serviceable, but completely average bridge - and some of the most muted flavor compared to other bridges - just average, imo.
What does he mean when he says words?
#22 (permalink)      3/4/2022 9:11:44 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16128
  • Reviews 390
  • Kudos29797
Here Carrion ;) I had to look up the name after a year, yep the Mission, but you can see there why my mistake was.
I can imagine getting muted flavour with larger airflow on it, but I just ended up putting a 1.5mm insert in and using it with a NET tobacco which is already a bit fade, I didn't really notice the difference v.s other RTAs I used it in before. Anyway, an other good little pod, (called Bantam) there. :)

I haven't tried too many bridges by now, but was getting a bit pissed with them in the last couple of days.
So as we are at it, maybe you could tell.
Mine had two issues, one: touching posts (sorted out)
second: the little thingie on the base with the 510 threading just keeps popping off (or rather in the opposite way...)

When setting it up, you press that into the bottom of the rest, right? Then you start screwing it into a mod, and have to find that very small margin when it starts making contact but still not ejecting the rest of the bridge into the air. lol!
Is that normal? Did you have the same happening? Is there any fix for that?
I mean it's doable but a little annoying... =)

So the Dotshell clone was the first, Mission the second, and on the third place I found the Cthulhu bridge where the pos. post has some rattling. (causing slightly jumping ohms...in/on anything but the Cthulhu itself. Only once, it stopped making contact at all and wondering if it will repeat. Also posts or rather the screws
are idiot, you can strap claptons or thinner wires but nothing in between, preferred to give up with 24-26G. an other lol)

Edited on 3/4/2022 at 9:26 AM. Reason:
#23 (permalink)      3/4/2022 9:33:27 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4792
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2878
I cannot say I've had that issue - it sounds like oversized or dry O-rings? I'm asking more than anything, lol, but when I get home today I will have a look at my Mission, and see if I can help in any way.

It's a good bridge, just not good enough to find its' way into my rotation often...
#24 (permalink)      3/4/2022 9:38:47 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16128
  • Reviews 390
  • Kudos29797
No o-ring there on mine and couldn't find any fitting one. But yeah, it'd great if you can have a look at yours, thanks.

Just for the simplicity (erm, when it's simple...) and for its being lea/condensation-free, I quite like it.
You could maybe try it with some simple (only one flavour) juice, it might make a difference.
#25 (permalink)      3/4/2022 10:15:32 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5886
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4195
carrion4worm wrote:

EternalSpline wrote:You might also be interested in Authentic Vandyvape Pulse 80W VW AIO Kit - Black, 5~80W, 1 x 18650 / 20700 / 21700, 3.7ml RBA Pod / 5ml Pod CartridgeIt's a 50.00 BB, that will take BB bridges, from Vandy Vape, and 21700I see it for 90.00, maybe they will sell a mod only kit for less, possibly. The last V.vape aio, the Kylin, was a solid kit, but proprietary.

I still see it in the USA for 90.00, damn thing isn't going down in price any time soon in the states. Still in no hurry for it, but surprised it is having such a great run.

#26 (permalink)      3/6/2022 10:23:15 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4792
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2878
cilika wrote:

No o-ring there on mine and couldn't find any fitting one. But yeah, it'd great if you can have a look at yours, thanks.

Just for the simplicity (erm, when it's simple...) and for its being lea/condensation-free, I quite like it.
You could maybe try it with some simple (only one flavour) juice, it might make a difference.

eh, just realized you may be talking about a DOT Aio version, which I wasn't even aware of...my Billet version simply screws into the top of a mod for testing, nothing unusual or out of the ordinary...then i remove it, install it into the boro, and go!

Sorry i couldnt help...edit: If you are possibly describing dry-burning your coil while inside the Boro tank - Don't do that!

Edited on 3/6/2022 at 2:01 PM. Reason:
#27 (permalink)      3/7/2022 3:56:39 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16128
  • Reviews 390
  • Kudos29797
In #22 I well meant the Mission.

Mine had two issues, one: touching posts (sorted out)
second: the little thingie on the base with the 510 threading just keeps popping off (or rather in the opposite way...)

When setting it up, you press that into the bottom of the rest, right? Then you start screwing it into a mod, and have to find that very small margin when it starts making contact but still not ejecting the rest of the bridge into the air. lol!
Is that normal? Did you have the same happening? Is there any fix for that?
I mean it's doable but a little annoying... =)

#24 idem.

Edited on 3/7/2022 at 3:57 PM. Reason:
#28 (permalink)      3/7/2022 4:02:36 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16128
  • Reviews 390
  • Kudos29797
And why on earth I would dry burn a coil in a boro tank? lol!

If you take your time to check your old Mission bridge, you'll understand what I was trying to describe.

Edited on 3/7/2022 at 4:48 PM. Reason:
#29 (permalink)      3/7/2022 4:13:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4792
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2878
yep, I got you. I think you are trying to dry-burn the Mission fully assembled, or inside the Boro somehow, but hopefully this photo shows you the only proper way to dry burn the Mission, then assemble and install.

hope that helps a little.
#30 (permalink)      3/7/2022 4:36:13 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16128
  • Reviews 390
  • Kudos29797
Right. It's exactly what I'm doing. Only that the deck on mine pops out from this part (red arrow) when I screw it on the mod all the way down.

#31 (permalink)      3/7/2022 4:38:41 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16128
  • Reviews 390
  • Kudos29797
So the question is, when you dissemble yours (again where the red arrow is) what you see... it comes apart easily - at least on mine. Maybe a tad too easily lol

Edited on 3/7/2022 at 4:52 PM. Reason: