Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Another AIO contender, V2
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      11/16/2021 3:43:15 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5781
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4137
The VV coils are probably pretty decent. That is what I would most likely do with one, glorified pod system. I don't feel like it would beat my dual coil RTA's with the RBA, maybe good flavor but not enough output for nic satisfaction for me.
#12 (permalink)      11/17/2021 6:36:55 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4713
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2842
It looks to use the same chip as the Kylin, maybe....and V.Vape have always made solid products. Put me down for a neon green - for safety on the jobsite, lol.

The Dot AIO, with it's anemic sized tank has never interested me - just too much filling, and fiddling. The regulated power is a huge step up for higher resistance vapers, however. The generic "Ohm Vape" Dot Aio clone is a good choice to try the system out, and it's still available at Chinese vendors for less than 25.00.
What does he mean when he says words?
#13 (permalink)      11/17/2021 6:52:05 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5781
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4137
They make an adapter now for the Dot AIO, so you can use that in a BB. Not sure why anyone would want to, but if they do it is there. As you said small tank, lots of filling, personally no experience with any of it.

If you watch Tony B's video he talks about the chip, I already forgot what he said. What your saying sounds right though. It has some pod attached piece on the video that is a hold over from the previous chip and how it was used.

It's cool they made it all screw together no glue, so you can break every piece down till it is just the frame.
#14 (permalink)      11/17/2021 1:24:35 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Gigirat67
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2016
  • Posts 466
  • Reviews 123
  • Kudos241
How about the Cthulhu aio ?
#15 (permalink)      11/17/2021 3:01:18 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5781
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4137
Gigirat67 wrote:

How about the Cthulhu aio ?

I had not even heard of that until you mentioned it. I guess if your totally happy with single 18650, and want smaller and durable boro compatible device, then it is a good option. Any idea on the price?

If I was to jump on the AIO bandwagon I would grab the VV, I like it's RBA better. If I was already on the AIO bandwagon, and needed small and 18650 was good, maybe the Cthulhu would be a nice option. Not having any boro or other compatible AIO tanks it makes the one with the best looking RBA to me and coil options that suit my taste included seem like my personal clear choice.

Interesting that all these people are finally totally ripping off BB.

#16 (permalink)      11/17/2021 8:13:10 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Gigirat67
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2016
  • Posts 466
  • Reviews 123
  • Kudos241
They are on preorder for 80,00usd at fff and the company page shows then sold out. I’m quite happy with the bb but this one is significantly lighter and smaller which might appeal to some I guess.
#17 (permalink)      11/18/2021 8:08:00 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5781
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4137
Gigirat67 wrote:

They are on preorder for 80,00usd at fff and the company page shows then sold out. I’m quite happy with the bb but this one is significantly lighter and smaller which might appeal to some I guess.

What does the BB clone cost? Like a hundred plus, and it is only a 18650, so 80 seems like a decent buy for smaller and lighter and from a good company. The VV one costs less, but it's all in what you need/want really. I think they will both sell well.

The BB thing is kind of going nuts right now. I saw the pre-order on the VV BB clone go from 49.99 to 69.99, I can't remember a time I saw a pre-order jump up in price. Today the doors and button rings are on pre-order, doors are 5.99 a set, and 4 piece button ring is 8.99. Curious to see if the price will jump up today. I bet this thing stays sold out for awhile. It's kind of nice to be not that interested in these. Sure a new vape toy to play with is always great, but I am in no rush on it.

#18 (permalink)      11/18/2021 9:01:48 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4713
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2842
The problem with any of the non-regulated AIOs (Dot, Ohm, etc) is that many AIO users vape higher resistances, which struggle to battle resistance and battery sag, AND give a good vape through the battery's cycle. Sure, they add a deceptive "voltage wheel" on some, but don't kid yourself - It's a mosfet and 4.0 volts is the most power you will ever get, which can be counter-productive to a 1.0 ohm build.

some get used to that more "anemic" vape style, or add more nicotine to punch things up...but at the end of the day, higher resistances are served best when used with a regulating chip. That's why it's called "resistance"....it fights back!

Edited on 11/18/2021 at 9:34 PM. Reason:
#19 (permalink)      11/18/2021 9:46:27 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4713
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2842
One very important thing for new adopters of Boro devices to consider is the V.Vape's design, which unfortunately places the chip, buttons and screen directly below the Boro, AND they tout "adjustable" positive pin on top of that!

This could be a disaster waiting to happen for new and experienced users alike, IF Vandy doesn't take proper sealing/ isolating steps to keep the electronics dry. Due to this being designed by a squonk guy who just likes playing "dress-up" with billets, I would not count on that kind of forethought.

hope I'm wrong. i guess we'll find out in 2022!
#20 (permalink)      3/3/2022 8:45:06 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 15847
  • Reviews 382
  • Kudos29678
+1 details
"Glorified pod system" I love that! =) It's exactly the function it fills up for me too. Beside of liking this form factor a lot.
Never been interested in the BBs as there've been always too many complains around about condensation, and i find it a bit too big for what it is.

One day found a cheap Dot SE, all I used in it was the .3ohm stock mesh coil, and a Dotshell with the 1.5mm insert/ 27G wire, at .9 ohms, but with non of those I found any battery sag issues and with the second, one tank keeps me going for a day or more. On the other side it stays bone dry. Good enough. :)
My dotshell RBA is a b&@#h, (using it only for a week now) the chimney is slightly off centred, on one side it's very hard to catch the wire, and the silicon thingy just doesn't work, the base just pops off until you tighten the whole thing in the box. But it gives a great vape. Still wouldn't mind to find a perfect RBA and even having a second SE. lol

Just received a Cthulhu yesterday, not yet set up its RBA as was playing with an old bridge I had a year ago. (Krma Gen) which had its problems too. An other bridge which is not "excellent" but is good to go. (especially in the bantam)
#21 (permalink)      3/4/2022 8:39:18 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4713
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2842
Think you meant "Mission" bridge...the Gen is the KRMA RDTA, and I agree in that it is a serviceable, but completely average bridge - and some of the most muted flavor compared to other bridges - just average, imo.