Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Highly Underpowered Mod!
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      3/10/2022 5:28:41 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 745
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos660
200W output from dual 18650s has always been a fantasy in reality. You may actually get 200W, for about 2 or 3 hits, if you use a pair of 2,000mah 20S 30 Amp cells but they will discharge so fast you'll be asking yourself why you bothered.

If anyone actually vapes at 200W maybe they should buy a par of 4S Lipo mods and a dedicated Lipo charger, that way they have a fighting chance of one mod being fully charged before the one they are vaping craps out because of a low battery.
#12 (permalink)      3/11/2022 4:23:33 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TGlock
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2016
  • Posts 188
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos84
Bradley77 wrote:

TGlock wrote:
When I got this mod I was highly disappointed with how underpowered it is. I usually vape around 120 watts on my RDA's and I doubt this thing vapes any higher than 80 watts. It is indeed a dual 18650 mod that claims to go up to 160 watts but when I took it up to 160 watts it still felt like it was vaping in the 75-80 watt range. It is a nice looking mod and I like the screen but now for me this thing is even too light to be used as a paperweight. This is very pathetic VooPoo!

If you want a decent mod maybe you should pay more than $30 for one!!!

Huh where did I say I paid under $30 for this mod? With shipping, I paid over $60 for this POS at Element Vape here in the US!

ghh
#13 (permalink)      3/11/2022 4:35:14 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TGlock
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2016
  • Posts 188
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos84
Crispycritters wrote:

200W output from dual 18650s has always been a fantasy in reality. You may actually get 200W, for about 2 or 3 hits, if you use a pair of 2,000mah 20S 30 Amp cells but they will discharge so fast you'll be asking yourself why you bothered.

If anyone actually vapes at 200W maybe they should buy a par of 4S Lipo mods and a dedicated Lipo charger, that way they have a fighting chance of one mod being fully charged before the one they are vaping craps out because of a low battery.

Yeah that is cool but I usually vape around 115-120 watts and a dual 18650 mod advertised to do 160 watts should at least do 120 watts! Man I wish the battery door on my Tesla Nano 120 watt didn't crap out I love that mod and still have it but the battery door will not remain closed and the damn batteries fall right out. Funny that is actually the 2nd door on that same mod to crap out on it I sent it back to Vape Wild, where I bought it 5=6 years ago, when the first battery door crapped out and they put a brand new door on it (I know cuz the new battery door looked much more new and shiny than the rest of the mod when I got it back) and it held for awhile and eventually crapped out like the first one. Not only is that Nano 120 mod gorgeous to look at but it vaped soo fucking well and hit faster than any other mod I've owned and it felt really awesome in the hands.

ghh
#14 (permalink)      3/11/2022 12:21:38 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Diabl3
  • JoinedFeb 2022
  • Posts 8
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
carrion4worm wrote:

To be blunt, there are NO dual 18650 mods that hit 200 watts, even for a second. I'd guess 185/190 is the benchmark, and even then, it's short-lived, as the mod will throttle back when continuously pushed to the limits.I've vaped mechs/mosfets and regulated extensively, and there is no benefit to vaping at 180 watts...the same powerful vape is easily obtained with a .2 at 75/80 watts, or a .15 at 105/110 watts....there's no prize for bravery, and a 4 volt vape remains a 4 volt vape, which is a better indicator of vape strength than wattage estimates, which varies wildly from company to company.Remember the Sigelei "218", and the backlash from the community for that crazy claim? Well, the overestimation has been toned down...but it's still prevalent with many manufacturers. Good luck in your search, the dual 18650 mod market has gotten very slim, and quality is lacking.

I see you're using the Vaping with Vic way of judging a mods power output and like Vic your wrong. Daniel over at DJLSB Vapes has shown numerous mods hitting 200w (or more) on two 18650 batteries.

#15 (permalink)      3/11/2022 12:48:11 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 745
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos660
Diabl3 wrote:

carrion4worm wrote:
To be blunt, there are NO dual 18650 mods that hit 200 watts, even for a second. I'd guess 185/190 is the benchmark, and even then, it's short-lived, as the mod will throttle back when continuously pushed to the limits.I've vaped mechs/mosfets and regulated extensively, and there is no benefit to vaping at 180 watts...the same powerful vape is easily obtained with a .2 at 75/80 watts, or a .15 at 105/110 watts....there's no prize for bravery, and a 4 volt vape remains a 4 volt vape, which is a better indicator of vape strength than wattage estimates, which varies wildly from company to company.Remember the Sigelei "218", and the backlash from the community for that crazy claim? Well, the overestimation has been toned down...but it's still prevalent with many manufacturers. Good luck in your search, the dual 18650 mod market has gotten very slim, and quality is lacking.

I see you're using the Vaping with Vic way of judging a mods power output and like Vic your wrong. Daniel over at DJLSB Vapes has shown numerous mods hitting 200w (or more) on two 18650 batteries.

But, equally, you are failing to acknowledge that he also shows how they perform when the batteries aren't fully charged. Just because a couple of mods can hit or get close to 200W with fully charged genuine 30 Amp batteries it is meaningless as nobody buys a regulated mod and top up charges the batteries after 3 hits.

#16 (permalink)      3/11/2022 1:08:25 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 745
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos660
TGlock wrote:

Crispycritters wrote:

Yeah that is cool but I usually vape around 115-120 watts and a dual 18650 mod advertised to do 160 watts should at least do 120 watts! Man I wish the battery door on my Tesla Nano 120 watt didn't crap out I love that mod and still have it but the battery door will not remain closed and the damn batteries fall right out. Funny that is actually the 2nd door on that same mod to crap out on it I sent it back to Vape Wild, where I bought it 5=6 years ago, when the first battery door crapped out and they put a brand new door on it (I know cuz the new battery door looked much more new and shiny than the rest of the mod when I got it back) and it held for awhile and eventually crapped out like the first one. Not only is that Nano 120 mod gorgeous to look at but it vaped soo fucking well and hit faster than any other mod I've owned and it felt really awesome in the hands.

Lookking at the specs of the Tesla Nano 120, it could output 9V so it actually had boost circuitry which isn't included in many dual 18650 mods released in recent years. If you vape large high ohm coils it could be the Voopoo simply can't produce the voltage you need to get the wattage you need, but if you're vaping below around 0.35 ohms it probably means you've been unlucky and bought a shit mod.

#17 (permalink)      3/11/2022 7:02:49 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4792
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2880
Diabl3 wrote:

carrion4worm wrote:

Seriously doubt it, bud. Since you didn't name a single mod that hits 200, I'm guessing that you're guessing, lol!

Besides, it's a moot point. If a mod hits 190, as I suggested, it won't do it for long (4, maybe 5 puffs), and only with cells that have released since the "heyday" of dual 18650 mods, like Samsung 20s or similar.

Seriously, though, a screen saying 200 is just that- a screen saying 200. It's a false reading. Evolv doesn't make false claims, which is why their original DNA 250, when not using three cells to obtain that 250, settles in at a respectable, MAINTAINABLE 167 watts. The same goes for original, good Voopoo mods with the GENE chip - they have a limit of 157 watts...again, realistic, maintainable numbers.

You bring some proof of DJLSB hitting 200 watts with a dual cell 18650 mod - then we'll talk.

Edited on 3/12/2022 at 9:39 AM. Reason:
What does he mean when he says words?
#18 (permalink)      3/11/2022 7:34:18 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ericbnc
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 10816
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos11490
I have an old DNA 200 squint mod that had a built-in Lipo.

Maybe with the right build it could get 200.

Never hit it over 100 except trying it out.

Vaped 0.8 coil at 25 to 30 watts.

Remember it is a squonker.

😊
Up (censored by PRC) creek with a 8 inch long piece of fecal matter for a paddle
#19 (permalink)      3/12/2022 6:30:46 AM US Central  
Putinspissy
Forum Restricted
  • JoinedMar 2022
  • Posts 31
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
Message removed by a moderator (offensive)
#20 (permalink)      3/12/2022 9:14:56 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4792
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2880
+1 details
Putinspissy wrote:

Idiots like this are why I never enter a vape store.

There are no idiotic comments in this thread, honestly, except maybe yours. Some less critical vapers are inclined to believe a manufacturer's "Bullet Points", including maximum wattage...and the true "idiot" is the manufacturer, for treating their customers like dummies/ noobs. We as vapers sometimes feel "idiotic" after a bad purchase, but when you get "hood winked" by a previously respected company, the Manufacturer will suffer in the long run.

Of course, it is our responsibility as vapers to research our purchases. Seemingly gone are the days where we could trust listed information, and even worse/ more telling is the current trend of leaving vague specs, or no specs at all!

The mod that spurred the discussion, Voopoo's Argus GT, was disgustingly deceptive, following a trend of GENE chip equipped, powerful, feature laden dual 18650 mods from Voopoo. The Drag, the Too, and the Alpha 1 had given Voopoo an excellent reputation, and was in talks to be used in Vandy Vape mods as well...

Turns out that was the end of the GENE chip, as all future iterations were dumbed-down, single cell versions - GENE chip in name only, and the Argus debuted to a changing industry where pods were taking center stage. Calling a chip with no Boost circuit a "Gene" chip was dishonest, and many reviewers didn't pick up on this due to the higher voltage from adding a second cell...plus, 9 of 10 YT review guys are simply not very bright.

Edited on 3/12/2022 at 12:36 PM. Reason:
What does he mean when he says words?
#21 (permalink)      3/12/2022 11:11:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 745
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos660
+1 details
Of the few dual 18650 Chinese mainstream manufacturer mods I've bought in the last few years the Vaporesso Luxe II has turned out to be a good one. The Axon chip is pretty decent and, like your old Tesla has boost circuitry and can output 9V. Things like Pulse mode and Smart TC I've never bothered with and are bollocks IMO, but the DIY menu still has the standard stuff and it functions well.

The only reservations I have is it isn't a lightweight so pocket carrying may be an issue, but there are no sharp edges so it is comfortable. There is a dumb vibrate function that turns it into the vape equivalent of a playstation dual shock controller any time you adjust anything (that can be turned off) and a dumb adjustable keylite function that lights up the Vaporesso logos and the haptic buttons, but they can be switched off or dimmed.

It is quite a decent mod as dual 18650 mods go and, unlike the Argus GT will have no problems with 120 Watts with the right batteries. It has never been cheap compared to other dual 18650 mods but the build quality and the Axon chip are decent enough. Vaporesso still list it on their site so it looks like it is still being produced, but now it is over a year old it is finally becoming available in the sub $50 price bracket if you shop around.

The last 3 Vaporesso dual 18650 mods I've purchased (Switcher, Polar and Luxe II) are still alive and fault free) but it seems Vaporesso have got into the habit of dumbing down the specs on their site so I have no idea if more recent variants of the Axon chip are good, or if they've done a Voopoo.

I recommend you have a look at the Luxe II - it stands no more chance of hitting 220 Watts than I do of achieving unassisted flight but it will have no problems maintaining 120. Its quite a decent, overlooked mod - but some of the colours are shit lol.