Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Highly Underpowered Mod!
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.
Thread Tools


Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      11/27/2021 7:52:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TGlock
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2016
  • Posts 188
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos84
Highly Underpowered Mod!
When I got this mod I was highly disappointed with how underpowered it is. I usually vape around 120 watts on my RDA's and I doubt this thing vapes any higher than 80 watts. It is indeed a dual 18650 mod that claims to go up to 160 watts but when I took it up to 160 watts it still felt like it was vaping in the 75-80 watt range. It is a nice looking mod and I like the screen but now for me this thing is even too light to be used as a paperweight. This is very pathetic VooPoo!
ghh
#2 (permalink)      11/28/2021 7:19:06 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4792
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2878
Yep, when a mod is 30.00, there have been efforts made to cut costs. Remember the Drag, the Too, or the Alpha One? That was probably the best Voopoo period for dual cell mods, no doubt. Even so, those mods were available for 45-50.00, and IF you can find one, it's the best Voopoo have done, IMO.
What does he mean when he says words?
#3 (permalink)      11/28/2021 7:32:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
dub09
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 1784
  • Reviews 27
  • Kudos558
Hinge flap battery cover alone should have been enough to keep you from buying this mod.
Smoking is Dead, Vaping is the Future, and the Future is Now... So I will ask a percentage of your sales for each device review I do.
#4 (permalink)      3/5/2022 8:31:17 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Diabl3
Guest
  • JoinedFeb 2022
  • Posts 8
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
carrion4worm wrote:

Yep, when a mod is 30.00, there have been efforts made to cut costs. Remember the Drag, the Too, or the Alpha One? That was probably the best Voopoo period for dual cell mods, no doubt. Even so, those mods were available for 45-50.00, and IF you can find one, it's the best Voopoo have done, IMO.



There are plenty of $30 mods that will hit 200w. All of Voopoo's mods (even the ones you listed) are underpowered.

#5 (permalink)      3/6/2022 2:32:28 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ericbnc
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 10816
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos11490
If volts are 7.5 build for the mod not the hype.

Stable chips cost more money and are found in mods costing above 30 $
Up (censored by PRC) creek with a 8 inch long piece of fecal matter for a paddle
#6 (permalink)      3/6/2022 9:31:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4792
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2878
Diabl3 wrote:

carrion4worm wrote:
Yep, when a mod is 30.00, there have been efforts made to cut costs. Remember the Drag, the Too, or the Alpha One? That was probably the best Voopoo period for dual cell mods, no doubt. Even so, those mods were available for 45-50.00, and IF you can find one, it's the best Voopoo have done, IMO.

There are plenty of $30 mods that will hit 200w. All of Voopoo's mods (even the ones you listed) are underpowered.


No, the mods I mentioned are not underpowered. Go back to the Youtube time machine and watch DJLSB's relevant reviews.
The "Gene" Chip hasn't been the same since the Alpha One...shame, as it was a step in the right direction.

What does he mean when he says words?
#7 (permalink)      3/6/2022 5:10:58 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
Bradley77
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2019
  • Posts 343
  • Reviews 49
  • Kudos240
TGlock wrote:

When I got this mod I was highly disappointed with how underpowered it is. I usually vape around 120 watts on my RDA's and I doubt this thing vapes any higher than 80 watts. It is indeed a dual 18650 mod that claims to go up to 160 watts but when I took it up to 160 watts it still felt like it was vaping in the 75-80 watt range. It is a nice looking mod and I like the screen but now for me this thing is even too light to be used as a paperweight. This is very pathetic VooPoo!



If you want a decent mod maybe you should pay more than $30 for one!!!

THIS IS ENGLAND!!!
#8 (permalink)      3/6/2022 6:38:56 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Diabl3
Guest
  • JoinedFeb 2022
  • Posts 8
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
carrion4worm wrote:

Diabl3 wrote:
carrion4worm wrote:
Yep, when a mod is 30.00, there have been efforts made to cut costs. Remember the Drag, the Too, or the Alpha One? That was probably the best Voopoo period for dual cell mods, no doubt. Even so, those mods were available for 45-50.00, and IF you can find one, it's the best Voopoo have done, IMO.

There are plenty of $30 mods that will hit 200w. All of Voopoo's mods (even the ones you listed) are underpowered.
No, the mods I mentioned are not underpowered. Go back to the Youtube time machine and watch DJLSB's relevant reviews.
The "Gene" Chip hasn't been the same since the Alpha One...shame, as it was a step in the right direction.



Gotcha, I'll check those early Voopoo mods out.

#9 (permalink)      3/7/2022 12:02:46 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4792
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2878
To be blunt, there are NO dual 18650 mods that hit 200 watts, even for a second. I'd guess 185/190 is the benchmark, and even then, it's short-lived, as the mod will throttle back when continuously pushed to the limits.

I've vaped mechs/mosfets and regulated extensively, and there is no benefit to vaping at 180 watts...the same powerful vape is easily obtained with a .2 at 75/80 watts, or a .15 at 105/110 watts....there's no prize for bravery, and a 4 volt vape remains a 4 volt vape, which is a better indicator of vape strength than wattage estimates, which varies wildly from company to company.

Remember the Sigelei "218", and the backlash from the community for that crazy claim? Well, the overestimation has been toned down...but it's still prevalent with many manufacturers. Good luck in your search, the dual 18650 mod market has gotten very slim, and quality is lacking.

Edited on 3/7/2022 at 12:03 PM. Reason:
What does he mean when he says words?
#10 (permalink)      3/10/2022 5:00:55 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
vapeluvr
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 7715
  • Reviews 355
  • Kudos4505
This mod does not have step-up circuitry. Output Voltage: 6.4-8.4V
Vaper buys pod system, asks for a 510 adapter. LOL for days
#11 (permalink)      3/10/2022 5:28:41 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 743
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos656
200W output from dual 18650s has always been a fantasy in reality. You may actually get 200W, for about 2 or 3 hits, if you use a pair of 2,000mah 20S 30 Amp cells but they will discharge so fast you'll be asking yourself why you bothered.

If anyone actually vapes at 200W maybe they should buy a par of 4S Lipo mods and a dedicated Lipo charger, that way they have a fighting chance of one mod being fully charged before the one they are vaping craps out because of a low battery.