shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Was super excited...
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      7/4/2020 8:00:55 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Travapor
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 682
  • Reviews 117
  • Kudos248
Was super excited...
Saw the new listing and got super excited Mesh Pro is releasing a new tank!!

Could it be they put a lock on the sliding fill port???

Nope! Wtf????

LOVE the original, hate that I have to use a silicon ring to make sure the stupid thing doesn’t open in my back pocket.

3 steel balls ain’t gonna fix shet
#2 (permalink)      7/5/2020 6:15:12 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
nickcuzz
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 17
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos6
+1 details
I agree, the original has a super loose top slide.

However i have the falcon 2 with a slide top, with that it has a bit of resistance sliding open and slides back shut easier, like it grabs when its fully closed. Also i've been using the falcon 2 for about a month and it hasn't slide open in my pocket, which i was worried about happening at work.

I hate getting a pocket full of juice at work.

If theres a slight groove in the closed position for the 3 steel balls to lock onto and the machining is tighter, then it should be ok.

I'm getting this, its not too expensive, so i'll let you know.
#3 (permalink)      7/14/2020 5:41:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
seebanboewe
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 53
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos14
don't put your vape in your pocket, do you like vaping pocket lint ?
#4 (permalink)      7/17/2020 1:18:33 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Bandalar
  • JoinedMay 2016
  • Posts 1
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
Travapor:

I use the Falcon 2 with a sliding fill port, just like nickcuzz. It doesn't have a lock, but I can tell you it offers enough resistance to ensure it NEVER spills in my pockets.

And there is no spring/lock system to weaken over time, which is exactly what happened with my Falcon King.

In summary: Try it before jumping to conclusions. As far as I can tell, Freemax is releasing this new version specifically to deal with the pocket leaking issue. I don't see any other major improvements. It sounds to me like they figured out the same solution that Horizontech implemented on the Falcon 2.
#5 (permalink)      7/20/2020 9:02:02 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
s0lkim
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 14
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos2
I am grabbing this anyway to see what they have done. Freemax make the best coils hands down, i believe better than the Falcon too as I own both.
#6 (permalink)      10/7/2020 10:59:21 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Travapor
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 682
  • Reviews 117
  • Kudos248
So finally received mine.... there’s literally zero resistance. Only difference it’s it’s a little bumpy when you slide fill port open. But side by side comparison to original the resistance on the slide is pretty much the exact same.

Fail...

Coils seems pretty much the same, haven’t used long enough to test the life span yet though.