shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

TC
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      10/12/2020 12:45:05 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Zbiten
  • JoinedMar 2018
  • Posts 80
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos18
TC
Hello. I lost the manual, too bad. How i can use TC with SS316L? What`s "TCR settings - temp ss - N"? How calculate wattage?
For ex.: space coil, 28Ga, d=2mm, 6 rounds, ~0.38 Ohms.
Thnx for help.
#2 (permalink)      10/12/2020 4:50:46 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 3137
  • Reviews 275
  • Kudos1677
use WATTS, .38 ohms x 4.2volts = 46 watts. Maybe thats not what you're looking for, but your information is a little fuzzy. Temp control on this chip is said to be bad, or perhaps ineffective.

Regarding the formula above, its amazing the amount of vapers i meet that dont really know any of this...they have to have wattage printed on the coil, or even worse, vapers who vape at a certain wattage no matter the resistance. I know theres no perfect rule, but ive always set my initial wattage at 4 volts or so, and go from there.

Good luck Zbiten, maybe someone else can help.
one of the wettest, from the standpoint of water.
#3 (permalink)      10/14/2020 5:08:39 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 3137
  • Reviews 275
  • Kudos1677
Blue. Orange, and Brown(desert yellow) versions coming soon.

This in effort to get this info on the front page, not a blatant advertisement.
(Hurry up and buy)
#4 (permalink)      10/15/2020 12:12:02 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
essellar
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 2272
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1973
All of the coil materials make the simple mech formula mostly useless now. You can, with a little experience and/or research, develop some intuition around the expected wattage range, but just looking at the resistance tells you nothing. A 0.4Ω coil could be a modern SS fused clapton MTL coil meant to run at something well under 20W, or it could be a traditional kanthal or nichrome coil meant to run at around 40W in the overlap between restricted DL and DL. Heck, it could even be something meant to run at 150-160W on a series build.

But that's ignoring the basic question of TC, assuming it's some sort of beginner's mode or vaping for dummies or some such. It ain't. It's a pain in the sitting-down bits, sure, and a great way to accumulate a down payment in a swear jar quickly if swear jars exist in your world, but when it's working right it a great way to vape (particularly if it actually gets cold in winter where you live). It's never been great for open DL, I'll concede. You're right, though, that the SXK 70W board(s) aren't worth the bother trying TC - they're just about as good as most boards were in early 2016 - you can get an almost-good TC using grade 1 Ti, but that's where the party ends. You can't get a good-enough base resistance reading for nickel (because the resistance is too low and needs too many decimal points to be valid), and you don't get fine-enough resistance tracking for anything with a lower TCR, like stainless, for TC to work as TC. The best you can hope for with anything other than titanium is sort-of-sometimes dry hit protection, and even titanium is pulsy at best.
#5 (permalink)      10/16/2020 1:22:40 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 3137
  • Reviews 275
  • Kudos1677
I see a pattern where smaller high resistance coils, like the ones in my billets, need as much as 5,6 volts to get a decent vape. On the opposite, all my "bigger" aliens, framed staples etc I go slightly under 4 volts.

I will say this though, that "mech" theory stays true for normal, traditional sub ohm vaping. 4 volts is just about perfect.
#6 (permalink)      10/16/2020 10:18:27 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
+1 details
fyi, the Mixx battery cap and the battery cap of this are cross compatible. You can also buy the ss, black and gold Mixx battery caps from Aspire's online store.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgPDW0ZpgJU
#7 (permalink)      10/16/2020 4:15:47 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 3137
  • Reviews 275
  • Kudos1677
I don't know why the used the gold cap on the tuxedo version...I guess it's the gold cufflink lol.