shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

What's your favorite color of SXK Insider Styled 70W TC VW APV Box Mod?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      8/6/2020 11:58:33 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TheFlyingCelt_ITA
  • JoinedDec 2016
  • Posts 18
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos3
@laxal hahaha thank you buddy ;-)
#22 (permalink)      8/6/2020 2:30:12 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
laxal
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 364
  • Reviews 39
  • Kudos333

Edited on 9/28/2020 at 4:28 PM. Reason:
#23 (permalink)      8/6/2020 11:53:06 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 3168
  • Reviews 275
  • Kudos1739
You've gotta ask yourself, can I pay 56.90 for this mod, or 96.90 for this mod? If you got the dinero, wait for the DNA. But the sxk chip works fine in wattage mode. And if you learn to solder, the world is your oyster! Lol
one of the wettest, from the standpoint of water.
#24 (permalink)      8/7/2020 4:22:48 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TheFlyingCelt_ITA
  • JoinedDec 2016
  • Posts 18
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos3
@carrion4worm I can solder, no problem. The problem though is that buying the DNA 60 separately would probably cost me more than waiting for the DNA version of this box.
When you say the SXK chip works fine you talk by experience as you own it or guessing? Thanks
#25 (permalink)      8/7/2020 4:27:35 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Plower
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 41
  • Reviews 1168
  • Kudos24
The blue one.
#26 (permalink)      8/7/2020 7:05:54 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 3168
  • Reviews 275
  • Kudos1739
I own 7TheFlyingCelt_ITA wrote:

@carrion4worm I can solder, no problem. The problem though is that buying the DNA 60 separately would probably cost me more than waiting for the DNA version of this box.
When you say the SXK chip works fine you talk by experience as you own it or guessing? Thanks

DNA 60 Costs 60.00. I can solder, but you need ultra fine tip and wire, magnification helps, I ruined one recently. So, I should have said "solder at a high level". Anyway, I have...7 currently operating sevo 60,70,80 watt chips currently, with one out of order that needs rewiring. A decent chip for wattage or bypass( obviously if I had problems I wouldn't keep buying them, right?), But you'll still have the odd disgruntled user that got a bad solder job, got it wet( no water proofing on chip), or whatever. Think about it like this: the sevo chip adds little to the cost of the mod, and dna60 is a perfect swap out if you want. Choose accordingly.

#27 (permalink)      8/8/2020 2:57:19 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TheFlyingCelt_ITA
  • JoinedDec 2016
  • Posts 18
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos3
carrion4worm wrote:

DNA 60 Costs 60.00. I can solder, but you need ultra fine tip and wire, magnification helps, I ruined one recently. So, I should have said "solder at a high level". Anyway, I have...7 currently operating sevo 60,70,80 watt chips currently, with one out of order that needs rewiring. A decent chip for wattage or bypass( obviously if I had problems I wouldn't keep buying them, right?), But you'll still have the odd disgruntled user that got a bad solder job, got it wet( no water proofing on chip), or whatever. Think about it like this: the sevo chip adds little to the cost of the mod, and dna60 is a perfect swap out if you want. Choose accordingly.

Yeah I can solder professionally and I have the tools to do it. Have you noticed any abnormal battery drain with the sevo 70? I guess not as you bought so many, but it's worth asking.
Thanks

#28 (permalink)      8/8/2020 3:45:35 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
The_Masteres
  • JoinedJan 2019
  • Posts 479
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos148
carrion4worm wrote:

Any link on how to waterproof a sevo or other chip ? Thx

#29 (permalink)      8/8/2020 4:13:24 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 3168
  • Reviews 275
  • Kudos1739
+2 details
Clear nail varnish works well, just a light coat...no cell drain. I hope that answers both questions.
#30 (permalink)      8/8/2020 8:46:49 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
The_Masteres
  • JoinedJan 2019
  • Posts 479
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos148
carrion4worm wrote:

Clear nail varnish works well, just a light coat...no cell drain. I hope that answers both questions.

Thx. What do you mean by "no cell drain" ? :) Sorry if its a dumb question, but never done that before ...

#31 (permalink)      8/8/2020 10:13:23 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 3168
  • Reviews 275
  • Kudos1739
+1 details
I guess there's a rumor about a yihi style cell drain with the sevo chip, as was asked a few panels above in this thread. There isn't.