Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

New TPD2 Germany regulations starting 20 May 2021 ? 4ml still possible to ship ?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      5/28/2021 8:15:49 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
craison
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 3
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
New TPD2 Germany regulations starting 20 May 2021 ? 4ml still possible to ship ?
The new TPD2 European regulations of Tobacco Products starting 20 May 2021 prohibit tanks over 4ml being imported into EU/Germany.
AnniePan do you know anything about that? Is 4ml still possible to ship or will it be confiscated at the customs now ?
#2 (permalink)      5/28/2021 11:02:31 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 696
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos609
Under the TPD rules in the UK tanks with a capacity over 2ml have been prohibited for the last 3 years but I have experienced no problems importing non-TPD compliant tanks and do not know of anyone who has. Theoretically they can be confiscated by customs - but to enforce this customs officials would have to open every single package.

The question you should ask yourself is how thorough are your customs officials and are you willing losing any non-compliant items. You will always be able to import items - the legality and compliance is your responsibility, not the sellers.
#3 (permalink)      5/29/2021 12:57:21 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Molchi
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2017
  • Posts 67
  • Reviews 108
  • Kudos36
+1 details
May i ask where you got that info about the 4ml from since i never heard anything like that in any forum?
If our German Customs will open it, which so far in my experience rarely happens i think the bigger problem would be that it is a clone without any CE-Certification, german instruction manual and that stuff. How often this happens nobody will be able to say, especially when from the 1.7.2021 on the the 22€ importtax exemption gets removed, which leaves them with tons of more work to do.
#4 (permalink)      5/29/2021 1:44:50 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2646
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos2115
+1 details
Crispycritters wrote:

Under the TPD rules in the UK ...but I have experienced no problems importing non-TPD compliant tanks and do not know of anyone who has. Theoretically they can be confiscated by customs - but to enforce this customs officials would have to open every single package.

That's not quite the case.

Under TPD2 (TRPR), it was only prohibited to import tanks over 2ml for retail here in the UK. If instead you were importing purely for personal use only, the prohibition didn't apply if you were buying from outside the EU. And that's the reason Customs left stuff alone. Yes, there were a few early instances of personal imports from outside the EU being stopped by Couriers (not the Royal Mail), but that was simply a couple of over-zealous individuals who failed to understand what was and what wasn't allowed.

Edited on 5/29/2021 at 4:31 AM. Reason: Typo...
It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#5 (permalink)      5/29/2021 2:03:23 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AlienGrey
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 884
  • Reviews 73
  • Kudos645
+1 details
Molchi wrote:

May i ask where you got that info about the 4ml from since i never heard anything like that in any forum?
If our German Customs will open it, which so far in my experience rarely happens i think the bigger problem would be that it is a clone without any CE-Certification, german instruction manual and that stuff. How often this happens nobody will be able to say, especially when from the 1.7.2021 on the the 22€ importtax exemption gets removed, which leaves them with tons of more work to do.

I think the only thing that's going to happen after 01-07-21 is that every package customs takes in their hands there's going to be taxes to pay. It's impossible for them to tax them all. In the six years that I ordered vape stuff from outside the EU I never had any package confiscated by customs. Never needed to pay impot taxes. The only packages that I had to pay import taxes have always been none vape stuff.

With that said I prepared myself a bit and ordered a lot of stuff I needed (or should i say wanted) and now I wait and see what happens after 01-07-21.

Edited on 5/29/2021 at 2:04 AM. Reason:
"The Truth Is Out There"
#6 (permalink)      5/29/2021 2:10:09 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Molchi
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2017
  • Posts 67
  • Reviews 108
  • Kudos36
+1 details
I also had only 1 package i had to pick up from them in 3,5 years, was a mod i won in a giveaway by a competitor of FT, cause they forgot to mention the price on the package. But they took it pretty serious, they even checked the spareparts and searched for CE-Logo even inside the batteryslot. Think to see what really happens we have to wait for the 1.7.
#7 (permalink)      5/29/2021 2:29:35 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AlienGrey
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 884
  • Reviews 73
  • Kudos645
+2 details
That's right. Just be prepared. I even prepared myself for a vapocalyps. Ordered a few mech mods just in case everything else fails and can't be replaced any more.
"The Truth Is Out There"
#8 (permalink)      5/29/2021 6:35:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
craison
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 3
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
Thank you guys ! Very informative posts !

(Will update if I get any problems with the customs regarding my order)
#9 (permalink)      5/29/2021 7:01:44 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
airwinny
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 8733
  • Reviews 224
  • Kudos31357
+1 details
The TPD is only for those who sell. You're free to buy any tank or mod you want from wherever you want, as long as you pay the proper taxes. A German store will just no longer be allowed to sell certain volumes or items.

What does affect us is the tax on nicotine that's apparently coming in 2022. First 2 cents per mg/ml, in 2024 4 cents per mg/ml. Sounds like a little, but a 10 ml 20mg nic shot bottle in 2024 will cost 10x20x0.04 = 8 euros in taxes. Time to start stocking up on nic, again.
#10 (permalink)      5/29/2021 10:35:57 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
craison
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 3
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
As I understand Nicotine is a pretty unstable Alkaloid and has a shelf life of about a year and a half. It goes stale and unusable after this time period.
The government is the problem. The people have to do something to the government and stop this blatant encroaching on our freedoms and civil rights. They are protecting the corporate interest of the tobacco industry it seems. Soon they will tax the air we breathe. "Enough" is the word people should utter louder and more. And act accordingly if not heard. To the bitter end if required. The government should be put back in it's place i.e. where the sun doesn't shine. They think of themselves as rulers rather than employees.
#11 (permalink)      5/31/2021 1:00:37 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
bibi2013
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 3376
  • Reviews 100
  • Kudos2591
Two very small packages with 2 and 1 bottle of eliquid were confiscated by customs (USD 8.5 and USD 17).

Is it not permitted to have E-Liquid shipped?

Possible to order VV/VW mods?
Edited on 13/32/2013 at 13:61 PM. Reason: yes