Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

A 200W Dual 18650 Pod Starter Kit?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      5/8/2020 4:27:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2793
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos2247
+1 details
A 200W Dual 18650 Pod Starter Kit?
A pod starter kit? 200 watts? Dual 18650s? WTF?

Vaping has now officially lost the plot!

Edited on 5/8/2020 at 4:36 AM. Reason:
It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#2 (permalink)      5/8/2020 9:27:57 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5945
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4234
+2 details
At least it has a 510 adapter. Your right though, what even is this? It's more like a pod style subtank, and why is that a thing? My only guess is they have made people so accustomed to pods and that is what they are comfortable with. So this wont make them break there comfort zone to get a subtank style vape. Hopefully they don't use the 50MG nic salts in it.
#3 (permalink)      5/8/2020 2:17:26 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Stormhammer
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 71
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos35
+2 details
One of the single greatest things about vaping is that there's something for everybody even if they don't know they want it yet.
#4 (permalink)      5/8/2020 2:33:48 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2793
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos2247
+1 details
Stormhammer wrote:

...there's something for everybody even if they don't know they want it yet.

Or to put it another way, there's way too many vaping sheep out there.

How long before the triple 18650 or 21700 'Pod Starter Kit' makes an appearance I wonder? Utter madness...

It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#5 (permalink)      5/8/2020 3:20:56 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5945
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4234
+2 details
"How long before the triple 18650 or 21700 'Pod Starter Kit' makes an appearance I wonder? Utter madness..."

I try to have the attitude that as long as it stops people from smoking, then it is great. Unfortunately I can't help but feel like you do. Some of these trends are just ridiculous! When I started vaping it was with a replaceable coil head style, I went from that to a Nautilus, then to an Atlantis when it first came out, and from that figured out how to rebuild and then I was done with buying coils. I can't imagine how it is to be a new vapor now with all of this stuff! I mean you can literally start vaping for next to nothing for one, and the options are almost limitless. You can get 3MG or 60MG, you can just use disposables or have Alexa built into your mod if you want to.

Point being it must be nuts to be new right now, and maybe we shouldn't fault them and just encourage them in the right direction, and that is not smoking. We don't want to end up back in the cloudy douche bags VS MTL days with the new people.

At the same time it is sad to see the market pushing out more and more stupid crap. You can't blame the uneducated consumer, or the market taking advantage of them, because it is supply and demand. If the demand for dumb shit was less, the supply would go down. It seems like with each wave of people that start vaping, a new wave of dumb shit comes out...
#6 (permalink)      5/8/2020 3:31:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Andy.lion
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 12069
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos32088
+1 details
It's basically a way for manufacturers to recycle some old shit, mods, carto tanks etc. Just add the word "Pod" and watch the cash roll in.
I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty, but the pig likes it.” George Bernard Shaw
#7 (permalink)      5/9/2020 1:09:57 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SambaBugatti
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 447
  • Reviews 61
  • Kudos329
+1 details
Pods ain´t all bad ....I use a Voopoo Navi or an Voopoo Air when I`m out for a Walk with the Dog or Shopping...They are light, You don't even Need the Fire Button and You can rebuild them.....and Taste is okay. Without the stupid Juul the Voopoos would have never happened. I don't believe it but maybe through the triple or quattro 21700 Pod with 500 Watts also Comes a good Thing, can't imagine what that could be, but couldn't imagine with the Juul also.
#8 (permalink)      5/9/2020 1:50:17 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
inglis817
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2017
  • Posts 60
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos40
+1 details
I never thought i would like the pods but i bought the Smok Nord 2 and think its great. I'm using it with a Nord 0.8 DC coil and taste is great, same coil for a week now.
Also tried the Smok RPM 80 with a 3,000 mah battery with a 1.4 quartz coil. Taste good for a few days then the taste goes flat.
Liked the Nord so much i just ordered another one.
#9 (permalink)      5/9/2020 7:44:33 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5945
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4234
+1 details
"Pods ain´t all bad .."

I don't think they are, I have and use an Njoy Ace for the convenience and slim form factor. It goes to all the places I am not supposed to vape, and works great.

Also your point about one thing leading to another is good. Vaping has already been down this path though, it kind of goes in cycles. The mother of the pod was the ciga-like style, and the ego pen.

The consumers for the most part are not educated when they come from Juul style vaping. They are just seeing what is in the convenience store. Making everything a "pod" fits there comfort level or attempts to.

It is a shame that they don't include RBA with the pods for the most part. I think if the market started to demand it, it would happen more. I understand why you wont see a Juul or Njoy RBA, but SMOK should know they could create a market for it, but selling PODs and Coil heads has always brought in more $$$. So you see less rebuild-able anything...
#10 (permalink)      5/9/2020 9:12:55 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
sidxda
  • JoinedJun 2017
  • Posts 13
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos3
+1 details
I just hope the rubber plug is a good one on this. That Vinci x vapes great and looks nice but garbage plug...rips off after like 3 weeks and leaking issue. Juice leaked now the mod don’t work chip screwed. Hopefully this will be much better.
#11 (permalink)      5/9/2020 1:45:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5945
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4234
+2 details
sidxda if you are looking to buy this you might be happier in the long run with a regular dual 18650 mod. It wont come with the pod attachment but a rebuildable is not very hard to use, and then you never need to buy coils or pods again. You will just need wire and cotton, and it is much cheaper then coils and pods.