Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Hell yeah
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      5/4/2020 11:39:56 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 13844
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos21467
+1 details
Thank you Sirs!
I'm out.....have some fun. Eh?
#12 (permalink)      5/4/2020 11:54:27 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Richy7
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 6904
  • Reviews 155
  • Kudos10293
+1 details
EternalSpline wrote:

I might give this one's mesh deck a go. collecting dust at the moment and the mesh deck might give it life again. I am in no rush for it though, so I might wait for a review or two first.

ditto

Edited on 5/4/2020 at 11:55 AM. Reason:
#13 (permalink)      5/4/2020 12:19:49 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12698
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19266
+1 details
Saw that listed yesterday and noticed that it said it was interchangeable with the Zeus X so I perked up with interest but wanted to go back and look further at it.

The Zeus X is so perfect as far as I am concerned, I cant imagine how mesh could make it better?
#14 (permalink)      5/4/2020 12:45:58 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5781
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4137
NP V8

I think better or worse is all in what kind of vape you like SS, from what I hear the mesh is normally a cooler vape but very dense. So if you like the warmth then it should be less for you. I hear it compared to a subtank style vape. I have tried a few mesh subtanks, if it is comparable to the one I actually liked it might be worth it.

I don't know how I will take to mesh, my normal build isn't hot, and it is pretty tame all things considered.

What build did you like in the X? I have only put maybe 3 builds on it, and didn't like any of them. I think it is the height of the coils that ruins it for me. I got the mike vapes rebirth RTA, and it was the same thing coils up high, and I didn't like it. The Serpent SMM, I liked a bit but it is only a single coil up high not dual.
#15 (permalink)      5/4/2020 1:56:54 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12698
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19266
+1 details
I believe everyone has their own specific taste which will change from time to time anyhow so I never expect others to like what I may, and vice versa.

Two years ago I probably would not have liked the Zeus X but after having vaped for 6 years I am no longer fond of very strong flavouring (dense) as I once was, hence, the Zeus for me is perfect. Now.
Added bonus is that it does not leak at all even if it falls up side down in my pocket.

Honestly, I cant tell you what it is I like or don't like in particular with atomizers. I just know that i do, when I do, or that I don't. The reasons of which I am unaware.
I used to love the Bellus. It was a dense vape but today, after the Zeus, I find it too dense, too strong in flavour. That sort of thing.

My coils are always the same. Dual SS @25-30 ohm for about 38-40w.

Ps: I also became tired of attys leaking going from warm insides to cold outsides, or worse, from AC to hot summers. No more of that happening with the Zeus.

Edited on 5/4/2020 at 1:58 PM. Reason:
#16 (permalink)      5/4/2020 2:10:49 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5781
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4137
I had the Zeus single coil, and the X, but not the dual coil. The single did kind of mute parts of the flavor, it was the perfect tank for when you felt like a liquid was kind of meh.

Everything I run lately is dual 26K wrapped in 36K, fell out of love with SS for some reason. Oh wait I know, I got the V1 double barrel and it was inconsistent with SS. So I got a bunch of Kanthal and still now the double barrel is just sitting on my desk unused.
#17 (permalink)      5/4/2020 2:32:49 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12698
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19266
+1 details
I liked single coils in or around 2015 such as the Kanger subtank or even the Lemo but afterwards I have only enjoyed dual coil.
I have tried many of the single coil faves here but....don't know why but for me it must be dual coil UNLES its a particularly good clearomizer and then I am fine with it.

Why?
No idea why.
It just is what it is.

If I run out of SS I would be fine with Kanthal. I do still have quite a few unopened good rolls of 26g.
Just got into SS with TC which I no longer use.
Should try it out again.
You didn't have to recoil quite so often.
#18 (permalink)      5/4/2020 2:47:52 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5781
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4137
+1 details
Yeah temp control has never given me what I wanted consistently. In it's defense I never played around with it much. I have always gotten exactly what I wanted from wattage/voltage vaping, so it's like a fix for a problem I never had. My issue with the Double barrel V1 is the way it reads resistance. SS is a dynamic resistance and the chip is so bare bones basic that it just resets to the new resistance. Then you go to vape and get a weird to low wattage vape or too high.

I for what ever reason have been liking Kanthal more then SS. Like you said tastes change for what ever reason.

I used to like single coil too, but I used to use 24MG regular nic before salt nic was a thing. Now if I want to use single coil I need stronger nic. I can't seem to find the balance with a satisfying single coil high nic, and my regular 6MG. 6MG regular nic in a dual coil is equal to what salt nic in a single coil basically. It's not like you can figure it out with math. I just don't like how switching from one to the other leaves me less satisfied with the nic. I have a 24MG salt, but in single coil it is a bit stronger, so I switch to a dual coil, and feel like it is nothing. Maybe 18MG salt, I just don't care enough to keep messing with it.
#19 (permalink)      5/4/2020 4:23:48 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12698
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19266
+1 details
Aside from SX Minis, the only two other mods I have liked for SS/TC were the Pico and the eVic. Every other supposed TC mod I have not enjoyed its TC abilities.

That said, I havent ever used DNA mods so I cant comment upon those.
I hated regular wattage during that time, it had to be TC but I no longer care. 😁

Taste or perhaps priorities changed.

Never tried nic salts.
#20 (permalink)      5/4/2020 4:35:43 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5781
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4137
+1 details
It's funny I have not had a DNA since the DNA 30. I want to get one eventually, there are a few nice DNA mods out right now.

I know for me my taste has just basically followed my nic habit.

Is the Gen mod supposed to be good for TC? I have not heard anything about it. I love the pulse mode on it, they really perfected that since the days of PWM sounds coming from mods.
#21 (permalink)      5/4/2020 5:38:10 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12698
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19266
+1 details
I LOVE the Gen but I don't personally like it for TC.

Does it prevent dry hits?
I don't know but that wasn't ever what I was after with TC. I never vaped higher than 40w so dry hits were never an issue.
It was depth of taste I went after.

The GEN I purchased here was/is one version behind the present.
I tried it in TC the first day I got it and was hit with the most wicked burned hit.

I tried to follow some instructions as to how to update it but saw far too many people complain of their GEN becoming a brick when doing so.
So I never bothered. The version I have is perfect as it is so no need to mess it up just to see how its TC performs with SS.
My guess is not well.

I have the latest SX Mini which is perfect for SS/TC but even then, I use it in wattage.

I do also have the smaller Vaporesso Swag 2 based on the GEN but I would buy another GEN before another Swage 2.
It's cute but on mine I find that once a battery gets down to about 40% the hits are weaker so I find myself having to change batteries often.
There might be a fix but I havent bothered to look around to see if there is or not.
I just don't use it often but use the GEN daily.

No, IMO the GEN is the one of the two to buy.