Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Curious, after time of use, is this tank better than the non mesh Zeus X
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      8/18/2020 8:30:38 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12705
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19290
+2 details
Curious, after time of use, is this tank better than the non mesh Zeus X
Curious. Feedback as to this mesh version tank.

I loved the Zeus X and have to replace a few of them. Not sure whether to go this way or the original X.

Secondly, there are 2 flaws on the original X.
The one that requires a periodic tap on its top to prevent leaking.
And after 6-12 months of usage, I found my X started to leak as the inside chamber would no longer remain pressed in above, thereby slipping down onto the deck, leading to leaking.

Curious if the new mesh tank was redesigned or they just put a mesh deck on the original tank?
#2 (permalink)      8/18/2020 12:00:01 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
+4 details
They just put a mesh deck on the original tank. You can buy the base/deck separately and use the rest of the original rta.

As for the inner chamber slipping down onto the deck, just replace the o-ring with a thicker o-ring.

For me mesh is meh. Waste too much cotton, guzzles e-liquid, need to run it at high wattage to get a warm vape, mesh strips are very fragile
#3 (permalink)      8/18/2020 12:41:35 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12705
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19290
+2 details
Thanks DJ. I will take a look around and see if I have thicker o-rings.

I know it's the same design and that I could add the mesh deck but I am down to one half working Zeus X at the moment and need to buy more. Hence, wasn't sure if just to go with tried and true or try the mesh.

Aside from Richy7, I don't remember anyone else saying much about it. I know V8 has one but would never offer a valid opinion but aside from the two of them I don't recall anyone else talking about them.

In any event, I had hoped but suspected not, that they had fixed the original flaw with a new run of this atomizer but guess it's the same run with just those new decks added.

In Short: Thanks, just going to order a few more of the regular Zeus X without the mesh then.
#4 (permalink)      8/18/2020 12:56:54 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
+2 details
Mesh is over rated imo. How much more flavour can you get from a mesh deck compared to an rta or even an rda? The argument is mesh has more surface area thereby it creates more vapor and flavour. Look at all the different mesh strips available, each new one (clapton mesh LOL) supposedly creates more flavour. I call bs. I really don't believe every new tank that comes out raises the flavour of an e-liquid over the previous tank either, to me it's all just a YT reviewers spiel in order to shill an atty.

Will attys ever reach maximum flavour production where people finally realise it's all bs and just a selling tactic? LOL.
#5 (permalink)      8/18/2020 1:48:43 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Richy7
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 6914
  • Reviews 155
  • Kudos10307
+3 details
djvillan wrote:

They just put a mesh deck on the original tank. You can buy the base/deck separately and use the rest of the original rta.

As for the inner chamber slipping down onto the deck, just replace the o-ring with a thicker o-ring.

For me mesh is meh. Waste too much cotton, guzzles e-liquid, need to run it at high wattage to get a warm vape, mesh strips are very fragile

The outer chamber becomes separated from the top assembly and the harder you tighten to mitigate it the more it seperates. You can get away with it once or twice but the more times you have to re-press it together the weaker it gets.

I have retired my Zeus X,s which i did prefer in mesh setup, but then i dont like a hot vape and only push 35w at it.

I dont think mesh is capable of more flavour than coil but it gives as much flavour as a coil.

The selling point of mesh for me is with my Aromamizer plus with coils i would wear the cotton out after 2 weeks but with the mesh deck i am currently at 4 weeks with zero build up or discolouring of the cotton which tells me it is in perfect balance which i never achieved with coils.

But as you say DJ you need to be able to appreciate a cooler vape.

I would at this point only recommend Aromamizer plus which would be no good for you Shelagh (I assume)

Or else try that expensive Zeus replica that is available in Toronto that i suggested. 28mm though !!
https://qpdesign.ca/
Juggerknot V2 RTA

Edited on 8/18/2020 at 2:39 PM. Reason:
#6 (permalink)      8/18/2020 2:51:37 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12705
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19290
+3 details
You make a good point DJ and as I think about it further, I don't really want more flavour on the Zeus X.

I have 5 of the Blitzen (just an updated Bellus) which I also love but I tire at times of the strong dense flavour.
Thats when I love the Zeus X. Just a bit less of an assault on me.

Although summer is almost over (thankfully) the Zeus X is the only one that doesn't leak going out from central air into 40c humidity.

@Richy I forgot about that Juggerknot. Only negative for me is its size, 28mm. 25mm I can still use my mods that I have now but 28mm and i have to buy a huge mod.

Will give that some thought. Damn, I really loved the Zeus X and believe those 2 flaws could easily have been fixed for a v2 version. 😢

Edited on 8/18/2020 at 2:51 PM. Reason:
#7 (permalink)      8/18/2020 2:57:22 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12705
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19290
+1 details
Richy, when you have a moment, can you please take a photo of the Aromamizer plus on top of your SX Mini SL class so I can see how big it is?
#8 (permalink)      8/18/2020 3:13:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Richy7
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 6914
  • Reviews 155
  • Kudos10307
+1 details
Still.Me wrote:

Richy, when you have a moment, can you please take a photo of the Aromamizer plus on top of your SX Mini SL class so I can see how big it is?

I sold my SL class because as a 28mm on top it would not take a plus at 30mm without overhang, which i tried and it did not look right. and i favoured the Espion solo,s for the Zeus X.

But i think the Juggerknot V2 on the SL class at 28mm would look really good.

I use my plus on a Geekvape Aegis and a Voopoo X217 which are 30mm and 33 mm respectively.

#9 (permalink)      8/18/2020 4:12:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12705
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19290
+1 details

Geekvape Aegis

Is that the X?

I am buying one of those if so?

I never carry my SX out. Its just for indoor use.

FFS Richy, I cant keep up with what vape gear you keep switching to 😂

#10 (permalink)      8/18/2020 4:48:30 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Richy7
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 6914
  • Reviews 155
  • Kudos10307
+1 details
No just the plain Aegis dual..... but the Aegis X will be just fine for a plus as it is basically the same mod. Or even the Max would be a good one also.

I sold a fair bit of stuff just recently and used the cash to update my regular rotations :))
#11 (permalink)      8/20/2020 5:50:30 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape_monkie
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2019
  • Posts 110
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos73
+1 details
Reload 26? I think I saw a clone on Ali.

Oh wait... Has to be 25mm or below... Diesel RTA?

Edited on 8/20/2020 at 5:58 PM. Reason: