shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Yihi Chipset? Parasitic battery draw!
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#71 (permalink)      1/20/2020 5:21:49 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
mjag1
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 124
  • Reviews 35
  • Kudos49
+2 details
Richy7 wrote:

mjag1 wrote:
The Hadron is a $40 mod masquerading itself as high end, it clearly is not.

In that case i hope the squonk pack comes to its rescue !!

I hope so too, mine is just sitting in my vape cabinet waiting for the squonk pack to hopefully revive it. I hope the issue some firmware updates, at least give us some preheat boosts.

Edit: I love SC tanks by the way, the Aromamizer Plus is one of the best tanks of all time. I just got the mesh deck for it but still recovering from the flu so it has to wait a bit.

Edited on 1/20/2020 at 5:23 PM. Reason:
#72 (permalink)      1/20/2020 5:35:07 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Richy7
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 5680
  • Reviews 155
  • Kudos8304
+2 details
mjag1 wrote:

I just got the mesh deck for it but still recovering from the flu so it has to wait a bit.

When you have had a chance to use it can you post your thoughts on the mesh deck here, I mostly only vape SC plus/glaz and that mesh deck does look interesting for its under coil wicking channels.

Some people need to grow a sense of humour
#73 (permalink)      1/20/2020 5:45:22 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rangermsr
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 7937
  • Reviews 29
  • Kudos11964
+3 details

the Aromamizer Plus is one of the best tanks of all time. I just got the mesh deck for it

Yep. I would like to know about this deck too.

It looks good for several type builds to me. I've never used mesh this way, but curious. TIA :)

unrealistic expectations lend to disappointment
#74 (permalink)      1/20/2020 6:51:36 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Carlahola
  • JoinedNov 2017
  • Posts 6832
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos16696
That would be interesting to me as well.
Last time I use mesh was in a Stat...Sat or so
Does anyone remember those little nice things?

Edited on 1/20/2020 at 7:34 PM. Reason:
#75 (permalink)      1/20/2020 11:17:49 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
mjag1
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 124
  • Reviews 35
  • Kudos49
+1 details
Richy7 wrote:

mjag1 wrote:
I just got the mesh deck for it but still recovering from the flu so it has to wait a bit.

When you have had a chance to use it can you post your thoughts on the mesh deck here, I mostly only vape SC plus/glaz and that mesh deck does look interesting for its under coil wicking channels.

I did put a Vandy Vape SS316L 200 mesh build in one tank but with my throat still sore I am vaping it in TC at 25 watts and 250F. It does work well but wish I could turn it up without coughing, haven't vaped in nearly a week. My main concern is it doesn't have a ceramic spring-loaded block under the cotton, it is similar in that way like the Doom mesh RTA. I have noticed the Doom's wick won't last as long as my Profile or Kylin M RTA's, after awhile the wick begins to lose contact with the cotton. TIme will tell on this, I do like it at low watts though.

Edited on 1/20/2020 at 11:18 PM. Reason:
#76 (permalink)      1/23/2020 10:53:35 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
FN1980
  • JoinedJan 2016
  • Posts 130
  • Reviews 28
  • Kudos64
mjag1 wrote:

Don't think it is a clone chip, rather just the worst chip Yihi has made just like the one used in the Topside Carbon. I have a lot of Yihi chipped mods like the G, T, X and SL Class SXmini mods as well as the Vboy, Vsticking, Boxer and Revenant, the last 2 using the old SX350J chip. Sure, the parasitic draw is a concern is left unattended for days but it has only happened once with a G Class, the same has happened with my Paranormal PSO edition DNA250C. This chip flat out sucks though, terrible TC, no preheat boosts and wonky interface. With the Topside Carbon, I would have liked it if they just used the normal Dovpo chip that the Topside Dual has. Shame on Yihi, they have tarnished their reputation with me with these 2 chips.The Hadron is a $40 mod masquerading itself as high end, it clearly is not.

Well, I have ordered one elsewhere. Let’s see if I like it better.

You need to make 20 posts in the forum to enable your signature.
#77 (permalink)      1/28/2020 3:48:41 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
FN1980
  • JoinedJan 2016
  • Posts 130
  • Reviews 28
  • Kudos64
+2 details
My Hadron has arrived and is damaged, because it was shoddily packaged. Oh well, right back it goes. What I can say is that its really built like a tank. Nothing more because I didn’t want to turn it on.

My Odin should arrive tomorrow. I hope in better condition.
You need to make 20 posts in the forum to enable your signature.
#78 (permalink)      1/31/2020 6:46:00 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SxTx4LiFE
  • JoinedApr 2016
  • Posts 166
  • Reviews 30
  • Kudos37
+3 details
This thread is utter b.s.!!
If a mod has a standby-feature which most mods have, ofcourse it will draw power from the batteries when not in use.
Same thing applies when the mod is turned off. The cells will also diminish in power when not being used.
I couldn't care less what J. Haze are saying. 99% of the time that dude has no idea what he's talking about and that's a proven fact.
Personally, i own 3 sx-devices with different yihi chips and these mods are the ones i get the best battery life from.
Jai Haze is wack!!=\_(*^*)_/=
#79 (permalink)      2/1/2020 1:28:38 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
mjag1
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 124
  • Reviews 35
  • Kudos49
+1 details
FN1980 wrote:

My Hadron has arrived and is damaged, because it was shoddily packaged. Oh well, right back it goes. What I can say is that its really built like a tank. Nothing more because I didn’t want to turn it on.

My Odin should arrive tomorrow. I hope in better condition.

If you think the Hadron is a tank, wait until you get the Odin ;-)

I might have already addressed the parasitic draw but it is not just Yihi chips, the DNA250C does it too. I love my G, T and X Class Sxmini mods but the Yihi chip in the Dovpo Topside Carbon and Hadron are waaaaay below there normal standards. Let me know how you like the TC in SS316 mode on it, then use the TCR function, only way to get a suitable TC vape out of it,

Edited on 2/1/2020 at 1:29 AM. Reason:
#80 (permalink)      2/22/2020 2:51:47 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
mjag1
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 124
  • Reviews 35
  • Kudos49
+1 details
For those asking about the mesh deck it took me awhile due to the flu, my throat was raw but all better now.

On to the Aromamizer Plus mesh deck it is great but very finicky when it comes to wicking. So much so that I fear a lot will give up on it before they get it. Even then it can be a PITA to get it right again. I ordered 5 of them, 2 for a friend who has been building longer than me, another for a friend who uses nothing but the AP, he loves it, the last 2 for myself. I had to learn the best build and teach both of these seasoned builders how to get it right, that is unacceptable in my book. They really should have made it easier, the Kylin M is a much easier build. When you get it right you can crank it 85 watts + but if you don't get the wicking right then maybe 45 watts max.

Personally I think the mesh deck is a fail, simply for how difficult it is to build. If your the type to not give up then give it a whirl, it is great but frustrating.

Edited on 2/22/2020 at 2:52 AM. Reason:
#81 (permalink)      2/22/2020 4:18:18 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 840
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos684
+2 details
SxTx4LiFE wrote:

If a mod has a standby-feature which most mods have, ofcourse it will draw power from the batteries when not in use.
Same thing applies when the mod is turned off. The cells will also diminish in power when not being used.

No one disputes that some chipsets have a small draw on power when not in use, and yes, battery voltage does naturally fade gently over an extended period of time.

However, some Yihi chipsets DO have an above-average parasitic power draw when not in use, that if left over time, will drain the battery to zero. And that's a potential safety issue, as there are many people out there who don't understand the risks of re-energising completely depleted batteries.

Now don't misunderstand me here, I like Yihi mods. But given the known issue of power drain by their chipsets, I would never leave an unused mod with a Yihi heartbeat with the batteries inside for any more than three days. Beyond that, the batteries come out until the mod is used again.

Edited on 2/22/2020 at 4:30 AM. Reason: typo