shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Yihi Chipset? Parasitic battery draw!
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      1/2/2020 7:34:34 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
mstave
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 205
  • Reviews 130
  • Kudos81
+3 details
Yihi Chipset? Parasitic battery draw!
The chip is versatile, but don't ever leave cells in it for more than a day, the parasitic battery draw from the chip will drain the cells below 2V, rendering them dangerous to recharge
#2 (permalink)      1/2/2020 1:47:03 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
lazyfitter
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 3697
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos7191
+2 details
Is this the same for all yihi chipsets? Awaiting delivery of a topside dual carbon so keen to know what to expect! 😆
#3 (permalink)      1/2/2020 3:37:44 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cjhards
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 1319
  • Reviews 235
  • Kudos430
+3 details
Apparently all yihi chipset have a parasitic drain. Jai Haze was one of the 1st to discover this & make it public knowledge.
If you are going to use the device on a normal daily basis then i don't think there is anything to worry about. I've had various sx mini devices and haven't had no issues. My SL class works fine and has decent battery life.(21700) But as already stated, don't leave batteries in it for any length of time if you aren't using it.
CJ hards say Vape long & prosper!!
#4 (permalink)      1/2/2020 3:41:32 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
KaliPelo
  • JoinedNov 2019
  • Posts 56
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos53
+5 details
Its weird that YiHi cant fix this already. I dont know why are their chips so popular. I dont think it is even much cheaper than DNA.
#5 (permalink)      1/2/2020 4:08:28 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Richy7
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 5680
  • Reviews 155
  • Kudos8304
+4 details
cjhards wrote:

My SL class works fine and has decent battery life.(21700) But as already stated, don't leave batteries in it for any length of time if you aren't using it.

I dont notice any drain on my SL class but my G class drained pretty quick in standby....

Maybe they ALL do but some are less noticeable than others !!

Even though my SL does not seem to drain I always leave unused Yihi mods without a battery.

Some people need to grow a sense of humour
#6 (permalink)      1/2/2020 5:32:15 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Richy7
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 5680
  • Reviews 155
  • Kudos8304
+3 details
I have this mod (Hadron) but i was not going to use it until the squonk pack becomes available....

I will put a fresh pair of 21700s in it and see if it drains and report back.
Some people need to grow a sense of humour
#7 (permalink)      1/2/2020 8:39:27 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
xandwhyisY
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 468
  • Reviews 125
  • Kudos374
+5 details
cjhards wrote:

Jai Haze was one of the 1st to discover this & make it public knowledge

I think you mean JH was the first to take credit for something that was already public knowledge for years. pbusardo mentioned this years ago in his Yihi reviews, Yihi has just never fixed the issue.
A few years back many mods suffered from battery drain if batteries were left over a long period of time. I'm sure some still do regardless of their instruction manual. Most people just never leave batteries in their mods for an extended period of time to notice.
Yihi is probably the best known for the problem, and it's also strange because it's a more expensive, upper tier board. It doesn't seem to have an impact on their sales, so I doubt they are in a rush to fix it any time soon.

#8 (permalink)      1/2/2020 9:19:53 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 352
  • Reviews 7
  • Kudos221
+2 details
My old fave, the v boy, drained cells bad, but parasitic makes it sound like there is no reason for it. Dnas also do it, nowhere near as bad however. It could be reduced, but it takes milliamps to maintain those real time clocks, memory settings, and custom curves when the mod isn't being used, don't you think?
Regardless, there are too many better chips than a yihi...who cares about Jules and flavor modes? Nonsense.
#9 (permalink)      1/3/2020 1:51:17 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
lupinehorror
  • JoinedSep 2017
  • Posts 36
  • Reviews 89
  • Kudos5
+1 details
had a vsticking yihi mod that drained cells really badly when it wasn't being used.
my SL class doesn't suffer from the same issue.
getting the hadron today. fingers are crossed that it won't have the drain issue.
#10 (permalink)      1/3/2020 6:32:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 840
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos684
+3 details
xandwhyisY wrote:

I think you mean JH was the first to take credit for something that was already public knowledge for years.

This^^^

#11 (permalink)      1/3/2020 7:43:07 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 7816
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos12403
+2 details
Richy7 wrote:

I have this mod (Hadron) but i was not going to use it until the squonk pack becomes available....

I will put a fresh pair of 21700s in it and see if it drains and report back.

When you do so, can you post a photo of it as I would like to see the size of it.
I hadn't paid any attention to this but now hearing that it has a yihi chip I am interested.

Or send me a photo and i will post it when you do.

Regressive Radical Leftism fried its brain!