shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Cooked liquid leaking in the tank
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      11/5/2019 7:57:21 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
matmo
  • JoinedJan 2019
  • Posts 2
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
Cooked liquid leaking in the tank
Does anyone have leaking issue with liquid cooked (black) going back in the tank? with the liquid control close or open after 1 ml all the liquid in the tank is contaminated. It’s happening only to me?
#2 (permalink)      11/6/2019 1:09:00 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SambaBugatti
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 216
  • Reviews 49
  • Kudos156
Sorry to hear that. Mine works flawlessly.
#3 (permalink)      11/6/2019 6:03:27 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
essellar
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 1697
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1449
For what it's worth, yes, that will happen in almost any tank if you're "cooking" the e-liquid in the chamber (or replaceable coil head, in the case of a clearomizer). It's usually the first indication that you need to change your coil/wick if you don't notice the flavour being "off". (Number one question at brick-and-mortar stores when the customer is a new vaper and transitioning smoker. They know they're supposed to replace the colil if it starts tasting burnt, but they literally can't taste the "burnt" and think something's wrong with the tank because the liquid's going dark - especially if they notice the little trails of gunk coming out of the coil while most of the liquid in the tank is still new-looking.)
#4 (permalink)      11/6/2019 11:33:52 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
foxey
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 3809
  • Reviews 87
  • Kudos2986
Use TC it won't gunk cause it don't cook your juice👍
I told you so !
#5 (permalink)      11/6/2019 11:46:07 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
essellar
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 1697
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1449
+1 details
No, but if you're using over-sweetened commercial juice, it'll still caramelize and get you the same result in a hurry. Sweeteners aren't the only culprits either; there are a lot of high-residue flavourings that will get you to the same result, and two of the three popular nic salts (it depends which acid is used to create the salt) will gunk in a hurry as well. (I'm a TC fan, but it's not a cure-all, even when properly done at reasonable temperatures. No, not even with a Dicodes board, which is something that needed to be added before the whole "European engineering" crowd tries to pile on.)
#6 (permalink)      11/6/2019 11:58:55 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
foxey
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 3809
  • Reviews 87
  • Kudos2986
No not a complete cure but mine last longer .
Although I don't use a lot of sweeter flavours .
My pallette is mainly cigar, tabacco,
And coffee, the later coffee can be a gunker ....
I told you so !
#7 (permalink)      11/6/2019 12:00:35 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
matmo
  • JoinedJan 2019
  • Posts 2
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
+1 details
I'm using organic and also chimical juice, in tc (DNA75 board) and also in vw. Heatflux is 220. I think the problem is the flat part in the deck, that lets the liquid pass, but I've noticed that with the small bell the problem is less noticeable. I've also byka, spica etc etc but this never happened (when built and used properly)
#8 (permalink)      11/6/2019 12:13:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
essellar
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 1697
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1449
+2 details
Smaller chambers will cause quicker gunking - that's just physics. The problem is that they'll also give you more intense flavour. So that gives you a choice - slightly better flavour and more frequent wicking, or longer-lasting wicks/coils and a slight penalty in flavour. And yes, that can sometimes mean really annoying wicking schedules - I've had tanks that were wonderful vapes, but really needed a new wick after every tankful of juice (depending on the juice, and I'm not talking about sweetened chocolate NETs either). Too much faff for my tastes, and a flavour edge doesn't mean much with unflavoured liquids. (I still use one with Flavorah Chocolate Deutsch at 1.5%. It's a very clean flavour, almost as good as flavourless when it comes to coil life.)
#9 (permalink)      11/6/2019 12:15:49 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
foxey
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 3809
  • Reviews 87
  • Kudos2986
Your 1st kudos from Foxey 🦊
I told you so !
#10 (permalink)      11/6/2019 12:22:59 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
foxey
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 3809
  • Reviews 87
  • Kudos2986
+1 details
And of coarse a lot of flavours for DIY come in clearform these day's. So that helps to not gunk so quick, especially chocolate which used to be dark as hell,but I've got a double chocolate from Chefs which is crystal
clear.
I told you so !
#11 (permalink)      11/6/2019 12:31:42 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Gatok
  • JoinedSep 2018
  • Posts 365
  • Reviews 21
  • Kudos652
+1 details
Some more than others, but all of my MTL atomizers suffer from cooking and gunking.