essellar wrote:

TheAtl wrote:
This may sound strange, but have you tried sucking harder?

That would probably work, and it's the sort of advice I normally give to people having various sorts of trouble with a clearomizer. Dry hits? Close down the airflow and/or suck harder. Flooding (other than from refilling)? Open up the airflow and/or relax your draw. When the coil+wick is what it is, those are your choices.

Thing is, with an RTA, you (usually) have the opportunity to adjust the device to your vape rather than having to adjust your vape to the device. I'd hardly imagine the wicking that works best for my 0.8mm draw and higher-PG liquids would be optimal (or even suitable) for someone who prefers a 1.8mm draw with 70+% VG. Principle's the same, though - the combination of the wick's ability to transport liquid and the difference in air pressure need to be in proper balance.

I absolutely agree. That said, I mostly use direct lung tanks and there is almost zero force to my draw when I do. The mass and heat combined with sparse wicking ensures that my RTAs more or less auto wick so it's never a problem. It's almost impossible to get away with that style of vaping if you are mouth to lunging a Dvarw V1 for instance, I have tried.

Just looking at the two, I believe the Tripod should wick better than the Kayfun if anything in most scenarios, unless you have a weak draw (then the raised deck on the Kayfun comes into play). That's why I suggested the easy solution.

I may be dead wrong though, I often am.