shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Best rta. Beats Dvarw, KFL, GT3, GTR, Skyline, etc
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#141 (permalink)      8/9/2019 8:50:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gph61
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 25258
  • Reviews 21
  • Kudos19273
Post deleted by mod (Anniepan) on grounds of: Attack
My interests include logic and reason. If you have a problem with that that's your problem. Lose the idiotic fallacies, learn how to think and act like a sensible adult, or get lost.
#142 (permalink)      8/9/2019 9:36:31 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
+1 details
gph61 wrote:

Please excuse these posts.

The bizarre moderation of this forum has led me to conduct this test. My last post was a direct copy paste, with only the product changed, of this post from djvillan.

I am trying to understand why this sort of trolling behaviour is encouraged on this forum. I will make no further posts here.

Interesting.

Make sure to post your findings at the conclusion of your experiment, along with graphs, responses from the moderator and any other proof you uncover.

#143 (permalink)      8/9/2019 12:48:02 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
FrankieS
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 593
  • Reviews 177
  • Kudos246
+2 details
Huh?!!! Sorry guys.... non of those posts made sense. Trolling? Encouraged? Where? what? Forgive me. It’s either lack of caffeine, or I must be loosing my power of deduction!
Anyways, I did get the Ulton Tripod(not the one from FT, that one is still to arrive). The one I received, is identical to the original, parts, accessories, color, size(plus/minus 0.01mm), logos, everything. It’ll be nice to compare with the FT version Ulton, when it arrives(since FT version is sometimes made different).
With a 3mm core/6 wrap, 26gage SS regular wire coil(0.48 ohm), on a Proton mod, TCR set at 120, temp controlled 190c at 22 watts: Nice vape really. Ubertoot-ish flavor(little more than Kayfun class) with more fruity flavor intensity. At least that is how it appears to me right now. A flavor chaser really, it does not produce huge clouds, or wide open airflow. Warm vape with the chimney reducer. I’ll test the flavor and vape quality without, once the tank gets empty.
What I really like is the big combination of -why didn’t they add that earlier- features, all built into one little RTA: oversized deck screws, Wire capturing, easy filling, deck removal, airflow and deck reducers, etc. Just remember, while the tank is off your mod, set your airflow and don’t worry about anything else. Once the tank is on the mod, airflow is near impossible to move. Instead, everything else becomes easy to adjust.
It is a good RTA to own, if you’re into flavor chasers and have been stuck with a Kayfun v5 or a Skyline since they came out, and are hoping to find a real upgrade.

Edited on 8/9/2019 at 12:50 PM. Reason:
#144 (permalink)      8/10/2019 4:37:03 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
FrankieS
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 593
  • Reviews 177
  • Kudos246
+1 details
I will be posting this in the Ulton section, but it’s important, so I’ll put it here too. I asked Ulton about future plans to manufacture the Tripod in Ice Matte finish. I received an email from Jane at Ulton. They quickly sold out and have no plans to make more, in any finish. I think they do base their manufacturing Plans on feedback from customers everywhere. I advise everyone that wants the Ulton Tripod in Ice Matte and regular finish, to email them and express interest. They have their site and contact information listed everywhere. I’m not listing here because I know FT will remove it!
#145 (permalink)      8/16/2019 3:02:43 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
FrankieS
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 593
  • Reviews 177
  • Kudos246
I spent some time at a friend’s workshop. We successfully widened one of the airflow reducers with a bench drill press to 2.4mm without any damage. We didn’t dare go above 2.4mm. This works with reducers included in both of the Ulton and Vazzling brands. Installing the 2.4mm reducer makes the tank a very nice restricted DL RTA, and intensifies the flavor. please note: I used Apple, Kiwi and Pear based e-liquids. Actually, the improvement in flavor is so much, that I asked a friend, who is completely unfamiliar with Tripod RTA to help verify it. He confirmed the difference is hard to believe(he thought I was playing a trick, and was looking for another hidden RTA :-). If you love flavor chasers, I definitely recommend this. If you know how to do this, and have the proper equipment, go for it. If you are not really a workshop savvy person, ask for help, and may be try a 2mm to 2.2mm hole to be on the safe side. I am confident, with the widened reducer on, you will agree how profound the difference in the flavor is. Best of luck.
#146 (permalink)      8/25/2019 12:15:04 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
+5 details
Tripod bubble glass tank

#147 (permalink)      8/25/2019 4:45:43 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SOLOMONgrundy
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 1002
  • Reviews 55
  • Kudos355
FrankieS wrote:

I spent some time at a friend’s workshop. We successfully widened one of the airflow reducers with a bench drill press to 2.4mm without any damage. We didn’t dare go above 2.4mm. This works with reducers included in both of the Ulton and Vazzling brands. Installing the 2.4mm reducer makes the tank a very nice restricted DL RTA, and intensifies the flavor. please note: I used Apple, Kiwi and Pear based e-liquids. Actually, the improvement in flavor is so much, that I asked a friend, who is completely unfamiliar with Tripod RTA to help verify it. He confirmed the difference is hard to believe(he thought I was playing a trick, and was looking for another hidden RTA :-). If you love flavor chasers, I definitely recommend this. If you know how to do this, and have the proper equipment, go for it. If you are not really a workshop savvy person, ask for help, and may be try a 2mm to 2.2mm hole to be on the safe side. I am confident, with the widened reducer on, you will agree how profound the difference in the flavor is. Best of luck.

Man I wish I had the stuff to do this.I have a drill and I tried drilling out one of the plugs that I know I'd never use and I messed it all up😂😂😂

#148 (permalink)      8/26/2019 3:44:28 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
FrankieS
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 593
  • Reviews 177
  • Kudos246
Solomongrundy, I’m pretty sure, any local machine shop or any small workshop or even an auto mechanic shop is well equipped and will do it for you for pocket change. We did it with a drill press and a pair of lock pliers.
Djvillan, that is one beautiful combination. Please do tell about the amazing drip tip and the bubble tank! I love to get my hands on them! Thanks.

Edited on 8/26/2019 at 10:15 AM. Reason:
#149 (permalink)      8/26/2019 8:05:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
+1 details
FrankieS wrote:

Djvillan, that is one beautiful combination. Please do tell about the amazing drip tip and the bubble tank! I love to get my hands on them! Thanks.

Thanks Frankie. The drip tip is from here SKU 9654489 (2 pack) SKU 9654484 (4 pack)

or SKU 9656574 (5 pack, one of each colour)

The bubble tank is from the place you mentioned before and it's working great. I get almost 5ml capacity. It's not super wide like most bubble tanks so it doesn't make the Tripod look weird. :)

#150 (permalink)      8/26/2019 10:28:58 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
FrankieS
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 593
  • Reviews 177
  • Kudos246
+1 details
Thank you! Found and ordered the bubble tank. I do think the drip tip would look beautiful with my blue Proton, but I’m going to hold off for now. I am enjoying the stock drip tip too much :-)