shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

YFTK VW discussion...
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#91 (permalink)      3/27/2019 6:11:29 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
13_A_13
  • JoinedJan 2016
  • Posts 55
  • Reviews 133
  • Kudos65
+1 details
Agree with your review - very nice mod!
#92 (permalink)      3/27/2019 7:02:17 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
wuwei.ap
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 22101
  • Reviews 266
  • Kudos42151
+2 details
I'm really surprised about the weight. It's light for such a solid mod. And the logo is really nice and deep.

One thing I could nitpick about would be the securing of the screw. Because the switch is free to spin, you can't torque the screw on hard, but that could be a good thing too. I haven't used the mod enough to know if it will be a problem though.

Edited on 3/27/2019 at 7:03 AM. Reason:
#93 (permalink)      3/27/2019 3:07:54 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Moldy
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 1708
  • Reviews 182
  • Kudos1788
+1 details
wuwei.ap wrote:

One thing I could nitpick about would be the securing of the screw. Because the switch is free to spin, you can't torque the screw on hard, but that could be a good thing too. I haven't used the mod enough to know if it will be a problem though.

A trick I've used in the past on mod screws that back themselves out is to add a small dab of conductive grease in the threading. It adds some resistance to the threading a bit like a weak thread lock plus it keeps oxidation from affecting conductivity. Although I haven't seen the VW switch in person so I don't know if this advice would be of any use.

#94 (permalink)      3/27/2019 3:37:49 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
wuwei.ap
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 22101
  • Reviews 266
  • Kudos42151
+1 details
That's a good idea, it's brass.

The nice detail about the screw is that the slot is only milled where needed so it prevents the possibility of it gripping, but that's also very unlikely as you aren't pressing the button in like a SMPL to undo the switch. Taking off the switch you're gripping the outer housing which makes it easier than a SMPL button.