shopping cart empty
Flooding like no day before!? SOLVED!!! (Fix on the first post)
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      3/20/2019 1:13:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Richy7
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 3991
  • Reviews 151
  • Kudos5505
+1 details
Stupid question but you have built the deck, wicked it, and then carefully placed the inner chamber over the cotton and ONLY THEN screwed the tank and outer chamber to the deck and inner chamber ??

Im trying to ask did you include the inner chamber.....

Edited on 3/20/2019 at 1:30 PM. Reason:
#12 (permalink)      3/20/2019 1:41:42 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
devin.d.veer
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 34
  • Reviews 448
  • Kudos19
Richy7 wrote:

Stupid question but you have built the deck, wicked it, and then carefully place the inner chamber over the cotton and ONLY THEN screwed the tank and outer chamber to the deck and inner chamber ??

Not a sutpid question at all because I literally was just about to ask if it matters which way I do it :D

I have done it that way and the other way too where i pop the inner chamber into the outer chamber and then the deck in. No results.
One thing I noticed tho just now while trying to find the problem, when popping the inner chamber on the top of the cotton/deck, if theres "too much" of cotton (which Im doing on purpose now just to eliminate the problem being a loose wicking), the inner cap pushes the front sides of the cotton down (facing the wicking ports) and then just a tiny amount of cotton gets caught between the inner chamber and the edge of the deck where the wicking ports are, so theres a nano mm gap there between the decks edge and the inner chambers lip, which im guessing would make the deck not being able to fully screw on to the outer chamber thus making the tank lose the inner pressure. Im not sure if that small of a gap would make a difference since theres o-orings which would make up for that size of a gap for the whole assembly keeping its pressure. I also really crancked down that base into the rest of tank.

I was super excited cause I thought I found the problem so I elimnated it but still flooding, THO I feel not that flooded as before. So now im pretty sure its a sealing problem. I will work on the o-rings more, might pop some thicker ones in if I have the right sizes.

#13 (permalink)      3/20/2019 1:43:22 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
devin.d.veer
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 34
  • Reviews 448
  • Kudos19
+1 details
Richy7 wrote:

Stupid question but you have built the deck, wicked it, and then carefully placed the inner chamber over the cotton and ONLY THEN screwed the tank and outer chamber to the deck and inner chamber ??Im trying to ask did you include the inner chamber.....

Oh was that an edit? :D that would be a yes. i did include the inner chamber.

#14 (permalink)      3/20/2019 1:51:43 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Richy7
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 3991
  • Reviews 151
  • Kudos5505
+1 details
I run a 4mm ID single coil and i end up with the inner chamber only just fitting over the cotton.

I just gently lower the inner chamber at an angle and then close down the other side helping the cotton back with a small pointed electrical screwdriver and then repeating the wiggle and easing back of the cotton until the inner chamber is properly seated with all the cotton in place.
( cotton is juiced when i do the above )

And only then do i screw the outer chamber and tank on.

to do it any other way you cant be sure all the cotton is sat BEHIND the chamber.

Edited on 3/20/2019 at 1:55 PM. Reason:
#15 (permalink)      3/20/2019 2:45:43 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
devin.d.veer
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 34
  • Reviews 448
  • Kudos19
+1 details
Richy7 wrote:

I run a 4mm ID single coil and i end up with the inner chamber only just fitting over the cotton.I just gently lower the inner chamber at an angle and then close down the other side helping the cotton back with a small pointed electrical screwdriver and then repeating the wiggle and easing back of the cotton until the inner chamber is properly seated with all the cotton in place.( cotton is juiced when i do the above )And only then do i screw the outer chamber and tank on.to do it any other way you cant be sure all the cotton is sat BEHIND the chamber.

Wow if you got it to work with 4mm id single coil which doesnt house nearly as much cotton as I have been forcing into this with my dual coils, then it proves that the problem is most definitely not that this RTA needs to be "over wicked" to make it work / stop it from flooding. The amount of cotton I have forced into this one is unnatural.

Since my last post it has been working better now, no slurps of 2ml liquid coming into my mouth, but still I feel there is exces juice on the deck. And this time I actually wicked it my normal way which is quite loose and heavily combed since I figure the problem is not the wicking. Just made sure theres no cotton pushed between the deck and the chamber. So actually with less cotton its working better.
I will try yout method of putting the inner chamber on, I think that will seal this case AND the RTA ;)
I really appreciate your time man, thank you so much for the help!

#16 (permalink)      3/20/2019 3:05:01 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Richy7
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 3991
  • Reviews 151
  • Kudos5505
+1 details
Your welcome :) I hope it ends up being a great vape for you.
#17 (permalink)      3/20/2019 7:23:02 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rico300zx
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 944
  • Reviews 124
  • Kudos245
your pic Dosent look that bad, thats how i hav to wick my dead rabbit rta so it dosent spit back and its basically the same design without the inner chamber
www.youtube.com/rico300zx (Hand Strength and Weight Lifting in case your interested)
#18 (permalink)      3/21/2019 2:59:05 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
devin.d.veer
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 34
  • Reviews 448
  • Kudos19
rico300zx wrote:

your pic Dosent look that bad, thats how i hav to wick my dead rabbit rta so it dosent spit back and its basically the same design without the inner chamber

Your absolutely right, same wicking style. And funny thing you said that because this morning I gave up, opened a ticket on customer service and pulled out my Dead Rabbit RTA, wicked it up and good to go, no problems at all. I have no freaking idea whats causing the flooding on the zeus x which I though will replace my Dead rabbit :D

#19 (permalink)      3/22/2019 10:02:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rico300zx
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 944
  • Reviews 124
  • Kudos245
devin.d.veer wrote:

rico300zx wrote:

Your absolutely right, same wicking style. And funny thing you said that because this morning I gave up, opened a ticket on customer service and pulled out my Dead Rabbit RTA, wicked it up and good to go, no problems at all. I have no freaking idea whats causing the flooding on the zeus x which I though will replace my Dead rabbit :D

i love the dead rabbit but i was hoping the new zeus x would fix the air situation and bring the air down lower to the coils, i hope i dont have the same prob your talking about here, because i havent recieved mine yet. btw i run the dead rabbit with a 4mm clapton most of the time

www.youtube.com/rico300zx (Hand Strength and Weight Lifting in case your interested)
#20 (permalink)      3/28/2019 3:18:06 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
devin.d.veer
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 34
  • Reviews 448
  • Kudos19
rico300zx wrote:

devin.d.veer wrote:
rico300zx wrote:

i love the dead rabbit but i was hoping the new zeus x would fix the air situation and bring the air down lower to the coils, i hope i dont have the same prob your talking about here, because i havent recieved mine yet. btw i run the dead rabbit with a 4mm clapton most of the time

You should check out the Juggerknot RTA, that brings the air more to the downside of the coil. I love the juggerknot, havent tried the mini version yet.

Did you receive the zeus x? Hows it working for you?

#21 (permalink)      3/28/2019 11:28:25 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 10052
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos16066
If you have a micrometer you might check to see if the inner chamber is perfectly round. With the items you have eliminated its the only thing I can think of. My build is medium tight cotton, combed with a pretty fair amount in the well and drawn out around the circumference a bit. I discovered better wicking using this method on the Dead Rabbit RTA. Good luck.
I'm out.....have some fun. Eh?