shopping cart empty
Flooding like no day before!? SOLVED!!! (Fix on the first post)
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      3/20/2019 11:23:52 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
devin.d.veer
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 34
  • Reviews 448
  • Kudos19
+2 details
Flooding like no day before!? SOLVED!!! (Fix on the first post)
I have tried wicking it 6 times and the damn thing makes me drink the juice! I have even put so much cotton there that I laughed out loud for it, the end of my tweezers doesnt even pass through. I have tried short and long wicks, thining out and not thining out... no results. Keeps flooding the deck after 3-4 puffs. And before I get nice amount of hot liquid in my mouth, I can feel the deck is flooded from the very harsh vape that I gives.

I have been building and wicking for 5 years now and never ever I have ran to a situation that I cant figure out the flooding. I have checked all the o-rings etc and also pumped up the wattage. I have tried with 2.5mm and 3mm coils, both absolutely packed with cotton'

I have heard that other people have this same exact issue going on.

Im almost willing to bet that theres a problem with the manufacturing.... but before that I gotta ask, is anyone here having the same problem and a possible trick to solve the flooding?

Thank you

UPDATE:

SOLVED!!!!!! SOLVED!!!!!! SOLVED!!!!!! SOLVED!!!!!!

Found this fix in another forum about someone having the same flooding issue with the Zeus X.

Problem:
The OUTTER chamber was not pressed in enough. I placed the tank on the table without the deck on, and there was a good 1-1.5mm gap where the edge of the glass ended and where the outter chamber was touching the table. So the outter chamber was protruding from the edge of the glass.

Fix:
As suggested on the other forum, I took a flat piece of wood (coin etc would work too), took off the drip tip to make it more stable, placed the tank upside down on a hard surface and pushed the outter chamber in with the help of the piece of wood I had. They said it would make a "click" sound when the chamber sets in place but mine was making cracking and squeaking and almost sounded like the metal is breaking. After few pushes and eyeballing the edges levels, the edge of the outter chamber was perfectly lined up with the edge of the glass. I was surprise tho how hard I had to press to get it in place. (Keep in mind that all this has to be done without the deck screwed on. Probably better to take the glass off too to prevent it from breaking. Tho you have to pop the glass back on to make sure the outter chambers bottom edge is leveled with the lower edge of the glass)
Then I filled the tank all they way full and well be damned, absolutely ZERO FLOODING and not even spitting. And this was the same flooding build/wicking I did about a week ago when I just gave up and left the tank sitting waiting for customer service to respond.

So in my opinnion, the problem was in the press fitting of the chamber to the top piece and the two parts meet in a place that at least my eye couldnt tell that its not pressed all the way.
A defected unit? Yes indeed. For a seccond I thought this is a tank i dont know how to wick :D

A massive thanks to everyone here for being so helpful and giving good tips for troubleshooting the flooding!

Edited on 4/10/2019 at 2:27 PM. Reason:
#2 (permalink)      3/20/2019 11:42:53 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
devin.d.veer
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 34
  • Reviews 448
  • Kudos19
Let me add:
I still have the original Zeus RTA and had the Zeus dual RTA for couple of months and did not have wicking issues / flooding at all with either of those.
#3 (permalink)      3/20/2019 11:54:55 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Richy7
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 3992
  • Reviews 151
  • Kudos5506
+1 details
Mine from here is absolutely perfect and without more info or pictures i dont see how i could be of any help to an experienced builder.

maybe check ALL of your O rings are present.....

Edited on 3/20/2019 at 11:57 AM. Reason:
#4 (permalink)      3/20/2019 12:14:19 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TruckinVapor
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 3490
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos4900
+2 details
Get a replacement, sounds like a factory defect...

I had a tank once, that kept flooding the deck. Turned out to be a hairline crack in the evaporation chamber. Not saying that's your problem. But, obviously something is failing to seal.

I'd probably run some PTFE tape around the threads where the deck screws into the chamber, and see if that's where the fault lies. GL
Living is the only thing worth dying for...
#5 (permalink)      3/20/2019 12:37:19 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
devin.d.veer
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 34
  • Reviews 448
  • Kudos19
+2 details
Richy7 wrote:

Mine from here is absolutely perfect and without more info or pictures i dont see how i could be of any help to an experienced builder. maybe check ALL of your O rings are present.....

Thank you for the reply and nice to hear that yours is working fine :)

I did check and then even changed the o-rings, no dice man :/

Going to keep troubleshooting cause I really like this RTA.

#6 (permalink)      3/20/2019 12:41:00 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
devin.d.veer
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 34
  • Reviews 448
  • Kudos19
TruckinVapor wrote:

Get a replacement, sounds like a factory defect...

I had a tank once, that kept flooding the deck. Turned out to be a hairline crack in the evaporation chamber. Not saying that's your problem. But, obviously something is failing to seal.

I'd probably run some PTFE tape around the threads where the deck screws into the chamber, and see if that's where the fault lies. GL

Yeah im guessing its a sealing problem, not a wicking error. I will still try to inspect it more closer but if not getting it to work, definitely going to get a replacement because then it has to be a manufacturing fail.

Thank you for the tip man, will try it out.

#7 (permalink)      3/20/2019 12:44:32 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Athos.23
  • JoinedAug 2016
  • Posts 919
  • Reviews 7
  • Kudos887
devin.d.veer wrote:

I have tried wicking it 6 times and the damn thing makes me drink the juice! I have even put so much cotton there that I laughed out loud for it, the end of my tweezers doesnt even pass through. I have tried short and long wicks, thining out and not thining out... no results. Keeps flooding the deck after 3-4 puffs. And before I get nice amount of hot liquid in my mouth, I can feel the deck is flooded from the very harsh vape that I gives. I have been building and wicking for 5 years now and never ever I have ran to a situation that I cant figure out the flooding. I have checked all the o-rings etc and also pumped up the wattage. I have tried with 2.5mm and 3mm coils, both absolutely packed with cotton'I have heard that other people have this same exact issue going on. Im almost willing to bet that theres a problem with the manufacturing.... but before that I gotta ask, is anyone here having the same problem and a possible trick to solve the flooding?Thank you

Richy7 wrote:

Mine from here is absolutely perfect and without more info or pictures i dont see how i could be of any help to an experienced builder

photo

¦¦¦ IF I HELPED YOU GIVE ME A HAND, PUT +TIPS, THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR ANYTHING YOU DO, BLESS ††† ¦¦¦
#8 (permalink)      3/20/2019 12:57:34 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
devin.d.veer
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 34
  • Reviews 448
  • Kudos19

Theres a photo, but I can assure you that I have crammed it with cotton so I dont believe the wicking is the issue.

Appreciate the help :)
#9 (permalink)      3/20/2019 1:02:02 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
devin.d.veer
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 34
  • Reviews 448
  • Kudos19
#10 (permalink)      3/20/2019 1:12:07 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
devin.d.veer
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 34
  • Reviews 448
  • Kudos19
+1 details
#11 (permalink)      3/20/2019 1:13:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Richy7
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 3992
  • Reviews 151
  • Kudos5506
+1 details
Stupid question but you have built the deck, wicked it, and then carefully placed the inner chamber over the cotton and ONLY THEN screwed the tank and outer chamber to the deck and inner chamber ??

Im trying to ask did you include the inner chamber.....

Edited on 3/20/2019 at 1:30 PM. Reason: