shopping cart empty
Before you buy this be aware
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      11/29/2019 7:26:47 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Centforfree
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 291
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos255
$1.00 rebate earned+6 details
Before you buy this be aware
... that this tool can seriously hurt or kill you. A small moment of inattention can lead to catastrophic accident. In case of doubt watch YT-video of Stumby Nubs.
#2 (permalink)      11/29/2019 10:13:51 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
neo71665
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 2179
  • Reviews 52
  • Kudos1444
Have ya never played with power tools before? They all have the potential to hurt like hell if you're an idiot.
My opinions are my own. If you disagree with them please take a big healthy crap in your hands and give yourself a round of applause.
#3 (permalink)      11/29/2019 10:43:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
sushi6
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 2906
  • Reviews 27
  • Kudos2254
Grinder does not have enough leverage. Accident waiting to happen.

Darwinator 3000
#4 (permalink)      11/29/2019 11:16:59 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
lazyfitter
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 3694
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos7191
+2 details
Lol! This looks soooooo dangerous!! I'd never dream of using one of these on a grinder....too much of a chance of this thing "hooking in" and at the least breaking your wrist. Beware indeed!
#5 (permalink)      11/29/2019 12:04:34 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 11324
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos17920
+2 details
These have been used for years to carve with. Any tool can hurt you, some more than others. And yes, anyone using this on a grinder motor needs to use a high level of safety procedures as in, serious eye/face and body protection, heavy gloves, knowledge of proper use and above all use the blade guard supplied with all grinder motors. Though there are other uses this is basically for wood sculpting.

Post Script; Never use this on a grinder with the trigger locked!

Edited on 11/29/2019 at 12:15 PM. Reason:
I'm out.....have some fun. Eh?
#6 (permalink)      11/29/2019 12:51:44 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
FN1980
  • JoinedJan 2016
  • Posts 130
  • Reviews 28
  • Kudos64
+3 details
The Consumer Protection Ministry of the german state of Silesia-Holstein has issued a warning regarding these things:

(Translated with DeepL)

Consumer protection ministry informs about possible dangers when using chain saw blades on angle grinders

Date 13.12.2018

For some time now, so-called "chain saw blades" have been circulating for angle grinders in the online trade, which are advertised for use on angle grinders.

The consumer protection ministry warns against the use of these products. Angle grinders are not suitable for this type of tool. Therefore, every instruction manual for angle grinders contains the safety note "Do not use a chain or serrated saw blade". The basis for the safety assessment is DIN EN 60745-2-3. These saw blades turn the angle grinder, contrary to its intended use, into a dangerous hand-held circular saw without the usual safety devices for circular saws being provided. Angle grinders were originally designed to cut and grind metal materials efficiently. An angle grinder with a circular saw blade for cutting (with a certain cutting edge) is no longer a grinding machine, but a dangerous sawing machine (circular saw or chain saw).

Therefore, do not use a chainsaw blade or serrated saw blade for your angle grinder. Such tools can cause a setback or loss of control over the power tool, possibly resulting in a serious accident. Chain tearing can also cause serious injury to the user's arms, upper body and face, especially if no personal protective equipment is worn. Also uninvolved third parties in the vicinity are at risk if a chain is torn.

The circumferential speed of the chain saw disc when used with the angle grinder is 80 m/s (i.e. 13,300 rpm for a tool with Ø115mm). For comparison, a chain saw with 13,000 rpm and a chain wheel diameter of 4cm achieves a peripheral speed of 27 m/s, is permanently lubricated and has less interference with the material and suitable safety devices.

German source:

https://www.schleswig-holstein.de/DE/Landesregierung/II/Presse/PI/2018/Verbraucherschutz/181213_Winkelschleifer.html
You need to make 20 posts in the forum to enable your signature.
#7 (permalink)      11/29/2019 1:44:21 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 11324
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos17920
+1 details
I have never seen this tool used to "saw" wood or other material. It was designed, some years ago, by a wood sculptor for hogging material off of logs while creating a form. There are many examples of appropriate use to be found on utube. If it used in conjunction with a side handle and not forced into the material being cut and drawn backwards, it is quite manageable with care. But hey, if it intimidates you.....don't buy or use it.

Actually, using a chainsaw is preferable when needing to hog out large and deep quantities of wood. But imagine the horror! Yes, its a dangerous. But then, so is breathing air in the city or driving on a highway.
#8 (permalink)      11/29/2019 2:44:52 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vapeluvr
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5010
  • Reviews 221
  • Kudos3399
You can also hurt or even kill yourself and others with a drill very easily.

What is your point? You must cone from the USA - the land of can't do anything because lawyers will sue your ass and put you on the street.

You and your Yankee PSA's can Fuggoff!!!!!!!

Edited on 11/29/2019 at 2:45 PM. Reason:
Convert rebates points to gift certificate here==> https://support.fasttech.com/general/ACCT
#9 (permalink)      11/29/2019 3:58:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
lazyfitter
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 3694
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos7191
vape8ion wrote:

I have never seen this tool used to "saw" wood or other material. It was designed, some years ago, by a wood sculptor for hogging material off of logs while creating a form. There are many examples of appropriate use to be found on utube. If it used in conjunction with a side handle and not forced into the material being cut and drawn backwards, it is quite manageable with care. But hey, if it intimidates you.....don't buy or use it.

Actually, using a chainsaw is preferable when needing to hog out large and deep quantities of wood. But imagine the horror! Yes, its a dangerous. But then, so is breathing air in the city or driving on a highway.

Have seen a new type of wheel for this very purpose just lately..... metal round edge with little teeth all over the surface.... like the teeth on a wood rasp. They're for sale on Ali. Much safer bet for gouging out wood!

#10 (permalink)      11/29/2019 9:27:41 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
RussG
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 3692
  • Reviews 105
  • Kudos4192
Centforfree wrote:

... that this tool can seriously hurt or kill you. A small moment of inattention can lead to catastrophic accident. In case of doubt watch YT-video of Stumby Nubs.

Nice one Cent, perfect Xmas prezzie for the wife.

They call him Stubby coz he has chopped his fingers off?

#11 (permalink)      11/29/2019 9:51:18 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 11324
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos17920
+1 details
Yeah lazy, I saw that. These things will bite you if you bind them and the best way to use them is to draw them towards yourself which is a bit intimidating at first. Same as using a chainsaw for carving logs.