Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Another unicorn search.... @staff product request
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      5/11/2022 4:16:01 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 11074
  • Reviews 260
  • Kudos6939
Another unicorn search.... @staff product request
New phone... Even thicker than the last...

I need help finding game triggers that support 14 - 15.5mm thick phone(s). Any help?

Edited on 5/28/2022 at 9:18 PM. Reason:
Knock knock, let the devil in. Malevolent as I've ever been, head is spinnin'. This medicine's screamin', "L-l-l-let us in!"
#2 (permalink)      5/12/2022 9:35:41 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4855
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3044
Skeets, ever heard of the KinHank "Super console X"? If you're a gamer, and it sounds like you are, these under 100.00 consoles have over 50,000 NES, SNES, Genesis, TG 16, Lynx, Gameboy, NEO-GEO (my favorite), N64, PS1 and Dreamcast games, emulated for TV/ Monitor play...probably even a phone, IDK.

Mine came from the home of the Chinese Genie, for 80.00, with 2 wireless controllers and necessary cables (HDMI, power).

Changed my free time dramatically: Old school childhood games, Metroid, zelda, Contra, Castlevania, Mario, Mega Man, Mortal Kombat 1-4 ...they are all there, plus TONS more.

Check it out!

Edited on 5/12/2022 at 9:37 AM
What does he mean when he says words?
#3 (permalink)      5/12/2022 3:49:22 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 11074
  • Reviews 260
  • Kudos6939
For the last 10ish years I've been "weening" off consoles, as I move around a lot I had taken interest in projectors for on the go type gaming, trying to keep hardware to a minimum so I'm not lugging a bunch of crap between houses and rooms. Also don't find myself playing too many new titles as graphics are more important in development instead of the actual gameplay. I still have my PSP with every old game imaginable, I just need to stop procrastinating and solder a new battery into it, it's just a pain in the ass with micro electronics.

While i appreciate the suggestion for a new game system, I'm trying to find(hopefully) a new set of contact triggers for thick phones. I was able to enjoy using the gamesir falcon on the razer phone, but could not find anything that fit my main phone. I was on this search last year and only solution was a pair of suction cup triggers. While the suction cups work, the constant maintenance to keep the rubber functional is getting annoying long term.

I am hopeful the technology has advanced a bit and some company somewhere designed something for thick phones(or phones with cases on).

Knock knock, let the devil in. Malevolent as I've ever been, head is spinnin'. This medicine's screamin', "L-l-l-let us in!"
#4 (permalink)      5/12/2022 4:37:44 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 11074
  • Reviews 260
  • Kudos6939
I have a really good idea for a product, very simple and could be possibly stored in a wallet, but obviously no means to make it myself.

Edit:

Poor drawing, but a simple ring clip, the yellow portion is conductive rubber, with the center wire being a strong springy metal "clip". Center of the clip would be a 16mm gap to fit alot of phones with or without a phone case.

Or a second idea would be pretty much like the binder clip pictured but coated in conductive rubber(prevent screen scratching).

Edited on 5/12/2022 at 6:02 PM. Reason: Add photo and description
#5 (permalink)      5/13/2022 3:23:01 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 11074
  • Reviews 260
  • Kudos6939
Aha!

I did find a set made by BoxWave. Not sure what's the maximum thickness they support, by my phone is on the list of compatibility :)
#6 (permalink)      5/13/2022 8:44:36 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 13916
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos21639
+1 details
Maybe look up "Dip and Grip" for that spring clip idea.....
I'm out.....have some fun. Eh?
#7 (permalink)      5/13/2022 11:00:04 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 11074
  • Reviews 260
  • Kudos6939
"dip and grip" isn't electrically conductive, so it wouldn't fit my purpose...

I ordered the triggers I happened to find(I swear to Bob they better fucking fit), but am happy for a good DIY project if I can ;) reading around about making conductive paint\glue, I believe I can pull something off but I'm not forking out anything over 10$
#8 (permalink)      5/21/2022 9:29:45 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 11074
  • Reviews 260
  • Kudos6939
So....

The triggers I ordered... Do not fit my phone, on their list of compatability.... However they do fit my old phone (thick 14mm) that's slightly thinner....

I sent the seller a message about the false advertisement, I can send video to them if need be....

Otherwise, they seem to work well enough without issue(on devices it fits). I was going to ask if FT can list them, but I'm on the fence for that request since it didn't fit my phone. It fits a lot more phones(mfg rated 18mm thickest phone,I think 15mm is max) than the average of 10mm or less with similar products.

Thanks for not listening to my journey over the last few years ;)
#9 (permalink)      5/22/2022 8:25:04 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ericbnc
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 10987
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos11543
You solved a problem I never knew exist since Nintendo switch. Our grandchildren love the switch.
Up (censored by PRC) creek with a 8 inch long piece of fecal matter for a paddle
#10 (permalink)      5/22/2022 1:35:01 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Soultaco
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2022
  • Posts 32
  • Reviews 8
  • Kudos13
Skeeeets wrote:

For the last 10ish years I've been "weening" off consoles, as I move around a lot I had taken interest in projectors for on the go type gaming, trying to keep hardware to a minimum so I'm not lugging a bunch of crap between houses and rooms. Also don't find myself playing too many new titles as graphics are more important in development instead of the actual gameplay. I still have my PSP with every old game imaginable, I just need to stop procrastinating and solder a new battery into it, it's just a pain in the ass with micro electronics.

While i appreciate the suggestion for a new game system, I'm trying to find(hopefully) a new set of contact triggers for thick phones. I was able to enjoy using the gamesir falcon on the razer phone, but could not find anything that fit my main phone. I was on this search last year and only solution was a pair of suction cup triggers. While the suction cups work, the constant maintenance to keep the rubber functional is getting annoying long term.

I am hopeful the technology has advanced a bit and some company somewhere designed something for thick phones(or phones with cases on).

I just go a new battery from my old hacked psp. I think it was something like dev5. But I lost all of my games and now I need to learn to rehack it with new firmware because I forgot how to do it.

#11 (permalink)      5/28/2022 7:08:12 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 11074
  • Reviews 260
  • Kudos6939
ericbnc wrote:

You solved a problem I never knew exist since Nintendo switch. Our grandchildren love the switch.

At this point, didn't exactly solve it... I have finally gotten the triggers I ordered to work somewhat.. they do not clip fully on my new phone without the clip forcing it off my phone slowly from over extension. Safe to say, I think the max *acceptable* phone width for the triggers I bought is 14.8~mm. still better than 12mm the most like other triggers.

I do like my switch, but the lack of non-nintendo exclusive titles is what puts me off the most from using it much, along with the size(which isn't too big and slot of people prefer the bigger than a phone screen).

Soultaco wrote:

I just go a new battery from my old hacked psp. I think it was something like dev5. But I lost all of my games and now I need to learn to rehack it with new firmware because I forgot how to d ino it.

There are tons of videos how to hack it without a Pandora battery. My issue with putting in a new battery, I have to solder the leads to the charging port of the motherboard. The space between the - and +
contacts are 1mm apart... Very easy to bridge the connection on accident.

There are ways to stick a new battery in the battery pack housing, but that requires soldering to the chip board in the battery and I already broke the 4 original boards I had.

Edited on 5/28/2022 at 7:11 PM. Reason: