shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Faulty First Batch - Message from SC
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      8/29/2018 5:18:02 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Sting1
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 569
  • Reviews 169
  • Kudos138
+1 details
Faulty First Batch - Message from SC
Comments from users of the first batch haven't reported any problems so far but SC sent this email to those that initially purchased

Posted on POTV

"Dear All Valued Customers,

For Titan PWM MOD ,we just find our battery reserve protection is not safe enough. because CPU need 10ms to start working, during this 10ms, there is risk that IC will be burnt. After careful deliberation, to be responsible for every customer ,we’ve made the decisions to call back those products .

1) If you have received our Titan MOD already, please try to destroy it in a proper way.
2) If the goods still on the way to your side , please kindly reject the parcel .
3) We will modify our board design to solve this problem.
4) You can choose refund the full payment or wait our improved products which will be released on middle of August .

We deeply apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and thanks a lot for all your support on Steam Crave!."

For those interested in this mod - the second batch ETA is due for release mid Sept.
The serial number on the first batch just had numbers. The second batch will have an "A" before the serial number to signify the modified version.

Hopefully the issue is fixed. Good luck SC !!

Mine is on order so lets see once it finally arrives.

Edited on 8/29/2018 at 5:32 PM. Reason:
Whoever said nothing was impossible obviously never tried slamming a revolving door
#2 (permalink)      8/29/2018 11:56:27 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Moldy
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 1708
  • Reviews 182
  • Kudos1792
Sting1 wrote:

during this 10ms, there is risk that IC will be burn

If they're recalling the whole batch then I'd wager the issue extends beyond the IC simply burning out. Just from reading between the lines it sounds to me like the mod likely goes into full meltdown short circuit mode if the batteries are installed incorrectly.

It all brings me back to the Cloupor days.

#3 (permalink)      8/30/2018 9:49:25 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MotoBlue
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 4805
  • Reviews 30
  • Kudos4721
One thing you can guarantee with Steam Crave sadly. The first batch of everything they produce tends to have problems.

Over a thousand squonk products available at Fasttech
#4 (permalink)      8/31/2018 8:44:44 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
alex10bz
  • JoinedSep 2017
  • Posts 1
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
Is this the first batch or the second ( with the "A" serial number )? I'm waiting for mine and I'm very anxious it might be the first faulty batch. Please someone who got it/ordered it can answer me? Thanks!
#5 (permalink)      2/8/2019 5:45:55 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EDMKEV
  • JoinedJun 2014
  • Posts 100
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos17
Still speaks volumes about Steam crave, instead of hiding and denying they proactivley decided to recall.
#6 (permalink)      8/15/2019 12:29:17 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vapeRobo
  • JoinedJul 2019
  • Posts 206
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos27
oh my god close anought to have a problem)