shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Is this a good start...
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      4/8/2021 12:36:19 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
deb22
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 105
  • Reviews 16
  • Kudos22
Is this a good start...
For a first Billit? After the Supbox I feel the need for a BB.. with DNA of course.. Thx ..
#2 (permalink)      4/8/2021 12:59:12 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2487
  • Reviews 266
  • Kudos1325
That's it....Great choice for a Billet...SXK makes a damn good, near exact replica of the Original (harder to get, approx. 350.00) with the added bonus of USB charging and Escribe fiddlin', which none of the others have!
I know words...I have the best words.
#3 (permalink)      4/8/2021 1:13:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
essellar
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 2229
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1928
Note that "none of the others" includes the authentic. (The DNA40 board only used USB for charging and didn't have Escribe capability. Leaving off the charger board could be read as a reasonable, even a good, decision for a device that used user-accessible 18650 cells rather than a built-in LiPO. When BBV upgraded to the DNA60 - a 1:1 plugin replacement for the DNA40 - they decided to stick with the no-USB setup, despite the fact that a lot of things that could be set on the DNA40, like flipping the screen, need Escribe on the DNA60. To use Escribe with the authentic, you need to break the "this voids your warranty" sticker. On the up side, you can buy fancy hologram replacement stickers to go where the authentic's warranty sticker goes, so there's a market for that, too.)
#4 (permalink)      4/8/2021 1:14:56 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
stuartd
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 597
  • Reviews 89
  • Kudos188
Don't bother with a bb get a abyss way better than a bb any day of the week and they use bb rba's rta's and coils from the smok nord vaperesso gtx and voopoo pnp coils
#5 (permalink)      4/8/2021 1:24:49 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
deb22
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 105
  • Reviews 16
  • Kudos22
Never heard of an Abyss..
Who makes that?
#6 (permalink)      4/8/2021 1:26:06 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
blackhack
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 453
  • Reviews 65
  • Kudos307
+2 details
Another one heading down the rabbit hole.....It starts with "Just" a billet box, then it becomes bridges, doors, buttons Ad Nauseum.....
#7 (permalink)      4/8/2021 2:26:37 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2487
  • Reviews 266
  • Kudos1325
Any day of the week that doesn't end in "day", maybe. Don't let the puppy love of a new product take over rational thought. The Suicide Abyss, while affordable (130.00), is overpriced. A better, fairer price would be 80.00. I'm sure it's good enough and all that...but the Billet is cheaper(!) will last longer, and has much more customization.

Stick with the SXK with DNA chip...It has a real WARRANTY and everything! Yes, Evolv doesn't care what kind of mod it's in...if the chip goes, they will fix it.
#8 (permalink)      4/8/2021 2:46:57 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Tony215
  • JoinedMar 2020
  • Posts 167
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos23
I just ordered an Abyss a few days ago on Element.., because.. idk... just curious I guess.. nice to have.., I'm really not even that excited about it lol,, but the Billet Rev.4b and now Rev.4c (authentic now cerokoted color instead of anodized.. ) I love. It's not just the functionality... It's the look and customization.. That's why they are much more fun to use.. You have so many add ons to tweak.. its the best device when it comes to 'making it your own'.. the panel doors, buttons, switch, screws, bridge, boro, inners, battery wraps, escribe theme.... all of which you can have a different brand name or color for.. You can make wild, vivid color schemes combining all these different parts... You end up with a very customized product.., that's really a one of a kind.. and you don't have to get all authentic parts... you can spend $5 for an sxk boro tank.., or $65 for some fancy brand (for whatever reason people do this.. comes down to pride, status, and having too much money to play with I guess)... the pricing for the authentic purist third part brands.. are INSANE! I have a customizing SXK DNA60... and another on the way to customize... but that's where a lot of the appeal comes from..., and it still being a tight, compact, self contained little unit.. I mostly use mine MTL..., but many use bridges (the rba) in a DL way... the clones bridges.., are pretty damn cheap! (in comparison to authentics... really wish they would bring back the Bridg'd, Haku Xeta, Krma Gen... and put out a version of the new Link'd... the bridges are the other aspect.. the tinkering, slight adjustments, etc.. they just need to make COLORED dna60 SXK models again... btw, How can I make requests to SXK?!? Anyone know the process..?
#9 (permalink)      4/8/2021 4:40:42 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2487
  • Reviews 266
  • Kudos1325
Tony215 wrote:

I just ordered an Abyss a few days ago on Element.., because.. idk... just curious I guess.. nice to have.., I'm really not even that excited about it lol,, but the Billet Rev.4b and now Rev.4c (authentic now cerokoted color instead of anodized.. ) I love. It's not just the functionality... It's the look and customization.. That's why they are much more fun to use.. You have so many add ons to tweak.. its the best device when it comes to 'making it your own'.. the panel doors, buttons, switch, screws, bridge, boro, inners, battery wraps, escribe theme.... all of which you can have a different brand name or color for.. You can make wild, vivid color schemes combining all these different parts... You end up with a very customized product.., that's really a one of a kind.. and you don't have to get all authentic parts... you can spend $5 for an sxk boro tank.., or $65 for some fancy brand (for whatever reason people do this.. comes down to pride, status, and having too much money to play with I guess)... the pricing for the authentic purist third part brands.. are INSANE! I have a customizing SXK DNA60... and another on the way to customize... but that's where a lot of the appeal comes from..., and it still being a tight, compact, self contained little unit.. I mostly use mine MTL..., but many use bridges (the rba) in a DL way... the clones bridges.., are pretty damn cheap! (in comparison to authentics... really wish they would bring back the Bridg'd, Haku Xeta, Krma Gen... and put out a version of the new Link'd... the bridges are the other aspect.. the tinkering, slight adjustments, etc.. they just need to make COLORED dna60 SXK models again... btw, How can I make requests to SXK?!? Anyone know the process..?

Don't waste your time with Billet bridges in the Abyss...that big tank just BEGS for the Ether, and the Ether delivers! The Exocet V2 also benefits from the extra room and juice as well, so the Abyss has a place for sure! I use the Syndicate EVOs, but the premise is the same: big battery life, big juice capacity...great for work, trips etc.

EDIT: SXK has social media platforms, and their Brand Managers often put up polls, sneak peeks, etc on FB, or Instagram....that's the best way to speak with personnel, IMO.

Edited on 4/8/2021 at 4:45 PM. Reason:
#10 (permalink)      4/8/2021 5:28:32 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Tony215
  • JoinedMar 2020
  • Posts 167
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos23
+1 details
dude,, i went to buy the ether bridge with my abyss and it sold out in under 24 hours! : /
#11 (permalink)      4/8/2021 10:39:15 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
deb22
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 105
  • Reviews 16
  • Kudos22
essellar wrote:

Note that "none of the others" includes the authentic. (The DNA40 board only used USB for charging and didn't have Escribe capability. Leaving off the charger board could be read as a reasonable, even a good, decision for a device that used user-accessible 18650 cells rather than a built-in LiPO. When BBV upgraded to the DNA60 - a 1:1 plugin replacement for the DNA40 - they decided to stick with the no-USB setup, despite the fact that a lot of things that could be set on the DNA40, like flipping the screen, need Escribe on the DNA60. To use Escribe with the authentic, you need to break the "this voids your warranty" sticker. On the up side, you can buy fancy hologram replacement stickers to go where the authentic's warranty sticker goes, so there's a market for that, too.)

I also want the clear one as well..😁