shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

@Anniepan Seeping/Leaking Plus-Pole
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#51 (permalink)      9/13/2018 1:43:56 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
A_Stack_O_The_Clones
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 557
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos413
+1 details
This one has the oval ports. Just wick it straight though and clip the ends flush, the flow will keep up with any reasonable build even if you're chain vaping.
#52 (permalink)      9/13/2018 2:42:41 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AlienGrey
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 831
  • Reviews 64
  • Kudos604
logidog wrote:

I don’t know anyone with the original so I cannot comment on it. What’s odd is one of the main features of this atty was it is leak free and many reviewers replied so. But now there are several leaking threads all pointing to the same thing… the insulator kit. Did the manufacture change the specs or suppliers?

I mean it ain’t rocket science. Either the seal for the positive post is sealed snug enough to prevent juice from leaking pass it or it isn’t. Thing is some are reporting the post is loose in the insulator which won’t seal it. Guess I’ll find out when mine arrive, which are Coppervape.

As for your wicking technique you could be correct. Back in the day we called it “Z” coiling (at a 45degree angle). I used it with all of my Kayfun type decks and none of them ever leaked.

I checked mine and I also confirmed that the post is a bit loose in the insulator but it doesn't leak. I think that you can avoid the leaking if the cotton doesn't touch the posts. This leaking from the airflow hole also happens with other RTA if the cotton touches the airflow hole in the build deck.

The reversed S or Z as you call it works very well with this RTA. I'm using it and I've got no problems with it. I can be chain vaper sometimes and the flow does keep up. But keep in mind thqt the Coppervape doesn't come with the larger liquid holes so I don't know if this is going to be an issue or not. But if it's an issue at least you can buy the Coppervape replacement part with the larger liquid hole.

Edited on 9/13/2018 at 2:43 AM. Reason:
"The Truth Is Out There"
#53 (permalink)      9/13/2018 6:14:01 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gmm11
  • JoinedMar 2016
  • Posts 4872
  • Reviews 187
  • Kudos5906
A_Stack_O_The_Clones wrote:

This one has the oval ports. Just wick it straight though and clip the ends flush, the flow will keep up with any reasonable build even if you're chain vaping.

just like a clr coil

#54 (permalink)      9/13/2018 3:06:20 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
logidog
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 1028
  • Reviews 27
  • Kudos795
A_Stack_O_The_Clones wrote:

Thanks for the tip and I just noticed the ports are oval. I use rayon and it wicks faster than cotton, so it should keep up. I guess I’ll give this one a shot on my next order.

BTW last night I was also thinking of using some Teflon tape if the post is a bit loose.

#55 (permalink)      9/13/2018 3:57:53 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
logidog
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 1028
  • Reviews 27
  • Kudos795
AlienGrey wrote:

I checked mine and I also confirmed that the post is a bit loose in the insulator but it doesn't leak. I think that you can avoid the leaking if the cotton doesn't touch the posts. This leaking from the airflow hole also happens with other RTA if the cotton touches the airflow hole in the build deck.

The reversed S or Z as you call it works very well with this RTA. I'm using it and I've got no problems with it. I can be chain vaper sometimes and the flow does keep up. But keep in mind thqt the Coppervape doesn't come with the larger liquid holes so I don't know if this is going to be an issue or not. But if it's an issue at least you can buy the Coppervape replacement part with the larger liquid hole.

I always try to space my coils slightly past the + and - posts to prevent the wick from touching them. This works well on most RTAs except those with tiny decks.

As for the flow as I said in my previous post I use rayon and it wicks very fast. I have a few attys with smallish flow holes and never had a problem with them keeping up. As for the Coppervape replacement parts I had the oval hole chimney and the insulator kit on my wish list but didn’t order them because of their ETA and my other items were in-stock. I had broken my Prime’s glass tank and didn’t want to wait any longer.

Lol, in fact I had waited longer than I wanted waiting for the “Summer Sale” that never happened.

#56 (permalink)      9/13/2018 4:11:42 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Caffeine
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 3712
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos8740
I've clearly been around these forums for too long; I read that title as "Seeping/Leaking Puss Hole".
#57 (permalink)      9/13/2018 5:27:30 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gmm11
  • JoinedMar 2016
  • Posts 4872
  • Reviews 187
  • Kudos5906
+1 details
you were'nt the only one, lol.
#58 (permalink)      9/15/2018 9:22:46 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Temka
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 40
  • Reviews 89
  • Kudos16
My replacement base is still not shipped because according to support the manufacturer still does not want/can provide one. Just a little update.
And yes it can be kind of fixed (cotton not touching the pole or some teflon tape around the pole) but as i bought a second one and it is really perfect done - there are some f huge tolerances or not avaliable Q control.

Edited on 9/15/2018 at 9:23 AM. Reason:
#59 (permalink)      9/15/2018 10:06:40 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gmm11
  • JoinedMar 2016
  • Posts 4872
  • Reviews 187
  • Kudos5906
yep, no base/deck sections as spare parts is a joke,there's nothing to stop any manufacturer supplying them