Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Good for 35 mg Nic Salts?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.
Thread Tools


Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      3/19/2020 9:18:29 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Superdonkey
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2017
  • Posts 148
  • Reviews 294
  • Kudos52
Good for 35 mg Nic Salts?
Hi, I'm needing a bit of help with this atomizer. Is the Dvarw MTL v2 suitable for use with 35 mg strength nicotine salt juice? If so, what's a good airflow insert and build for it? I am looking to replace the Caliburn, so an insert with that draw and build with that level of flavor (or more?) would be preferable.

I will need to buy both the atomizer & wire, so listing the wire material & gauge would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance.
#2 (permalink)      3/19/2020 10:35:40 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
Gatok
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2018
  • Posts 737
  • Reviews 21
  • Kudos1094
+2 details
Any MTL atomizer with the proper build should work for nic salts, and th Dvarw is not the exception.

I use it with nic salts from 25mg to 50mg and my sweet spot is 28 AWG round wire, 2mm ID, 7 wraps. NI80 or SS316L. I prefer NI80 for both mech and variable wattage at 12 watts.



#3 (permalink)      3/19/2020 11:39:28 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Superdonkey
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2017
  • Posts 148
  • Reviews 294
  • Kudos52
Gatok wrote:

Any MTL atomizer with the proper build should work for nic salts, and th Dvarw is not the exception.

I use it with nic salts from 25mg to 50mg and my sweet spot is 28 AWG round wire, 2mm ID, 7 wraps. NI80 or SS316L. I prefer NI80 for both mech and variable wattage at 12 watts.



Gatok, thanks for the detailed info, as well as the photos. You are awesome. Will be trying this build shortly!

#4 (permalink)      3/19/2020 11:52:10 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
rico300zx
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 1202
  • Reviews 148
  • Kudos346
I would love to know the setup that would replace the caliburn as well?

I’ve heard about a rebuildable caliburn coming out as well

So gatock is this the similar caliburn build but for the dvarw?
www.youtube.com/rico300zx (Hand Strength and Weight Lifting in case your interested)
#5 (permalink)      3/20/2020 2:20:45 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Superdonkey
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2017
  • Posts 148
  • Reviews 294
  • Kudos52
rico300zx wrote:

I would love to know the setup that would replace the caliburn as well?

I’ve heard about a rebuildable caliburn coming out as well



There's already Caliburn pod rebuild kits available from at least two manufacturers (CoilMaster and, uhh, some other brand) but honestly, they look pretty fiddly. Also the Caliburn pod housing snaps together, and I can't see those clips/tabs lasting more than one or two rebuilds.

A completely rebuildable caliburn RBA pod would be awesome, though.

#6 (permalink)      3/20/2020 4:21:11 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
Gatok
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2018
  • Posts 737
  • Reviews 21
  • Kudos1094

rico300zx wrote:


So gatock is this the similar caliburn build but for the dvarw?



Sorry, I dont't own the Caliburn, this is just how I build my Dvarw for nic salts.


Edited on 3/20/2020 at 4:21 AM. Reason: