Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

mine gets extremely hot ,fast
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#31 (permalink)      6/20/2019 8:11:36 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
tengeresz56
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 460
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos370
VeeRay - BUDAPEST - DO NOT MIX IT PLEASE !!! Thanks - or You mentioned that You are from Bucarest - or You mentioned that You are from the capital city of Romania...

Edited on 6/20/2019 at 8:19 PM. Reason:
#32 (permalink)      6/20/2019 8:18:21 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VeeRay
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2018
  • Posts 70
  • Reviews 135
  • Kudos28
yup. A lot of pop singers - or has-beens- start the show "Helooooooo Budapest" when they come to Bucharest.
#33 (permalink)      6/20/2019 8:19:45 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VeeRay
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2018
  • Posts 70
  • Reviews 135
  • Kudos28
I've been to Budapest many times tho. Lovely city, really
#34 (permalink)      6/20/2019 8:22:21 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
tengeresz56
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 460
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos370
+1 details
OK VeeRay - Have You ever heard about the E-juice company in RO-HUN Cooperation? - New company there...They try to come to the market and went to Bucharest to show they products.... What's the govement's rules over there ? It's shit here - but I make my own real aromas (not chemical) to myself :-)

Edited on 6/21/2019 at 3:14 AM. Reason:
#35 (permalink)      6/20/2019 9:01:31 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VeeRay
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2018
  • Posts 70
  • Reviews 135
  • Kudos28
Good news, and a long post comming, because you guys were right. I'll try to make it sad-funny at least. Like a threesome.

So, i sanded a bit ( pretty coarse tho, too big a grain, all i had...) the coppervape 1mm - which i could swear it's the same as 1.2mm that comes installed, too loose for me.

It whistles like ...well...almost like a wasp without the coil raised, but no biggie.

Raised the wattage to 14 and did 4draw-in-one until the mod stopped at 10 sec, for good measure. The fact that i added the metal tank only added to the challenge. Well :

Esselar was spot on. The temperature came down significantly despite the abuse i just did.

It's still hot-ish, but berserker-like hot ( which i truly abuse), i can hold my hand on the tank without " awmahgawd bring me some ice right now ".

Thanks everyone so much for your help, you guys are skill level 1000.

However - (like vaping with vic likes to say so often, with that cool liar accent) :

Because I can see I am in a very select company, i cannot miss the opportunity to hear your thoughts on the similar matter matter : with the dvarw came a Holic MTL RDA too.
Reason being to give the Pulse 80W a purpose in life.

Now, that thing not only gets hot ( no surprise, big metal cap) - and Esselar explained very well the main reason , bad coil cooling due to air leakage - their intricate internal air stuff for MTL is just... no.

No, it's also very loose with all the airholes set to closed- and the fingers on the holes for added insult.

So, on the tightest hole it's....a joke. RDL. However, this is now a question of o-rings, imho.

Still, since removing the cap feels like ripping apart the atomizer ( i have a scot roll kendo gold/15 draws per drip, it is tasty as a restricted DL, i'll give it that), and i've kept the 2 o-rings that seals the cap in VG for 24 h, what more can i do to seal the damn thing ?

Maybe you saw it, it has a very attractive form.

It is also black anodised, and came with a shiny SS beauty ring, and a shallow 510 drip tip slot so you can't use any other drip tip, so we cannot blame vapefly for thinking. I realize it's yet another DIY except this one is not a clone.

Have at it, and thanks again for the help with the dvarw . I am happy.
#36 (permalink)      6/20/2019 9:12:31 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VeeRay
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2018
  • Posts 70
  • Reviews 135
  • Kudos28
Tengeresz, my govt is so god damn stupid at managing the country it's not funny at all. I think we have the most idiotic president ever elected- although on this matter i might have some fierce competition of opinions from the guys here EU/NA

I just ignore anything real here, so it's work, earn, spend on vape and synths, chat with my friends in states and canada, and plan how the hell am i gonna do at mixing capella and perfumer's apprentice so i won't spend so much on garbage juices, cause i exceed 16 ml mtl + idk how much DL/day. It adds up, right.

i don't even know who the prime minister is. helps me none

Edited on 6/20/2019 at 9:21 PM. Reason:
#37 (permalink)      6/21/2019 4:08:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
tengeresz56
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 460
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos370
VeeRay - Relax please. We cannot fuck ths dirthy politics ( same is happening here !) About the 1mm AFC in Dvarw. I've spoken with my vapor friends today. They also knows all about vaping ! 1 mm AFC is Your popular AFC.... But You are not a vacuum machine cool down the coil (in high power - 15W is too high to cool down). Try to go down 8-max 10W and test it. No problem with the 1,2mm AFC. Try it between 8-12W and You'll enjoy it 1,2 ohm, max 0,3mm kanthal wire 5-6 turns 2,5mm inside diameter what I suggested to You before. - I don't speak about the f@cker young stupid subOhm "vapers" (14-18) - You are a clever vaper. Try it and inform the FT community about Your experiences. - Best regards.
Ps.: Young "vapers" Don't cry but grow up, learn the Ohm's law before any comment ! (elementary scholl 5th class here...10 years old) I do not want to hit these young kids but They have to learn the basic before they use the E-cig !

Edited on 6/21/2019 at 5:05 PM. Reason:
#38 (permalink)      6/21/2019 10:26:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
flexy123
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 71
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos31
I had the same issue, about the time when I also posted my legendary FT thread "Finicky with wicking". The atty ALSO got very hot.

But when I figured out how to wick this one right, it now also has normal temps. My Berserker now gets WAY hotter. Saying: How hot it gets also depends how you wick it.

I am also vaping MTL, 1.00mm insert, 12-15W at 1.2-1.5 Ohms.

Edit: There are more, MUCH more things to try. I just repeat what I did.

I also took apart my Dvarw ENTIRELY, this means also the lower part of the deck, which is not easy to pry apart. (Use a sharp knife). Then, also took out the insulators and the one pin which goes through the round insulator. This is also not easy and I needed pliers as the pin is in there VERY tight.

The issue is that it can be possible that the one insulator which comes from the bottom is not inserted at the correct length. If this is not right, it would screw up the entire atty. Just saying this is also something to look into.

Edited on 6/21/2019 at 10:36 PM. Reason:
#39 (permalink)      6/21/2019 10:29:42 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
flexy123
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 71
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos31
tengeresz56 wrote:

Gatok - this is the tipical problem. Sanding (grinding) the edges and the corners... Easy do it but... - I'D LIKE TO ASK THE STAFF - PLEASE INFORM THE COMPANIES TO DO PERFECT JOB IT TAKES ABOUT 1 min. and will not cut the insulator !!! - Dvarw is the best MTL business for FT in the last Years. Please do it via the companies who makes it.- Thanks for the perfect Photo again :-) Nice to see that You know what you are doing :-)

Tengeresz,

you see the irony praising the Dwarv as "the best MTL" right under a post where it says you need to sand parts to get it working right? :) Just saying...

#40 (permalink)      6/22/2019 12:09:26 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
essellar
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 2311
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2025
flexy123 wrote:

Tengeresz,

you see the irony praising the Dwarv as "the best MTL" right under a post where it says you need to sand parts to get it working right? :) Just saying...

I'm not entirely sure it's fair to characterize the Dvarw (and good clones of the same) on the basis of poorly-machined clones. It's by far my favourite MTL tank, but I've seen no-name clones that looked like they were carved by a four-year-old with a piece of flint and a tight deadline posted in some of these "what's wrong with my Dvarw" threads. I mean stuff a hobbyist with a bottom-of-the-line Sieg mini-mill and a devil-may-care attitude would reject on a bad day. Really, really horrible. That has nothing to do with the design of the tank.

#41 (permalink)      6/22/2019 4:49:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
tengeresz56
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 460
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos370
flexy123 - I mentioned that all the connection points (+-) must be CLEAN or they will warm up... This is true for everything.

Edited on 6/22/2019 at 4:51 AM. Reason: