Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

mine gets extremely hot ,fast
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      6/19/2019 6:21:42 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VeeRay
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2018
  • Posts 70
  • Reviews 135
  • Kudos28
mine gets extremely hot ,fast
hi, i've got the black version, sku 9654667, but i saw some interesting ideas here in the SS version section.

tl;dr :I'll write the state of the atty when it arrived, the build i use, lack of any other problems or shortcomings, lack of clues of what makes it so hot so fast.

So, it gets stupid hot in 7- 10 draws, 5-6 sec each draw ,with 10-15 sec between them .

Taste is very good, vapor production is good, airflow is smooth, no funny smells.

It has no engravings anywhere. Came very, very clean.

I gave it a light soap rinse, and used this build :

[0.8 -1 -1.2 mm inserts] [ i like the 1 mm one best], spaced 2.5mmID 6-8 wrap, VV Ni80 28ga round, 1-1.2ohm @ 12-15 W on a tesla WYE 85.

Coil legs are horizontal at the post level, plenty of space for it. Cotton bacon enough to sit against the juice ports but left enough room for coil. Like in Bussardo's review, sort of. Tasty.

I draw 7 puffs = i cannot touch it, my fingers got burned. Luckily i have a heatsink to protect the mod.It does cool back ok-ish, but not fast enough for my type of vaping ( berserker mini v1, which i adore, minus the screws)

I verified it many times for debris or shorts, the mod is ok ( tested with berserker), 1-1.2 Ohm @ 12-15 W seems to me reasonable for the build.

Please help me make this little atomizer work better, i want 10 of them lol. Thanks and pls excuse my English
#2 (permalink)      6/19/2019 8:19:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AlienGrey
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 884
  • Reviews 73
  • Kudos645
+2 details
Never had this issue. I went from 7 wraps to 8 wraps to cool the vape a bit but not because the RTA got too hot.

I never used Ni80 so don't know if that's the problem. I'm using a lightly spaced 8 wraps 27 AWG Kanthal SKU 4239303 2.5mm coil and like it like that with my DVARW MTL V2. Vaping it at 9 to 12 Watt or with a mech mod with this coil.

Edited on 6/19/2019 at 8:25 AM. Reason:
"The Truth Is Out There"
#3 (permalink)      6/19/2019 8:50:57 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SynysterMoritty
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 2990
  • Reviews 69
  • Kudos4364
+2 details
I run mine with a .8 ohm spaced 26AWG at anywhere between 22 and 26 watts. and all mine does it get warm after chain vaping. I've never had it nearly burn me. thats an odd one.
Back from toddlin'
#4 (permalink)      6/19/2019 9:44:19 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
tengeresz56
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 460
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos370
+1 details
I have only one hint about this problem. How long You push the fire button and when You stop?
- Stop the fire 2-4 seconds earlier before You finish the vape. = You cool down the coil and will not heat over the juice. Try to be between 9-12W 1-1.5 Ohm and do not use lasy wires.
max 0,3mm.+ Clean connections! (contact resistance)
- 0.8mm AFC is very narrow You need enough suction air to cool the coil down.
Try to go down 7-8W. Than try with the 1.2AFC between 9-12W.
That's what I can suggest...

Edited on 6/19/2019 at 5:37 PM. Reason:
#5 (permalink)      6/19/2019 11:36:17 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VeeRay
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2018
  • Posts 70
  • Reviews 135
  • Kudos28
+1 details
On the 0.8 mm insert which is between 2-nd and 3-rd hole on berserker mini v1, I tend to push the button for 5-7 seconds so i can draw sufficiently, double draw.

I use 12 W, (always spaced) 28 AWG (0.32 mm), 2.5 mm ID, and i use ni80 because it always gave me better stability in the berserker than SS316L. Never used Kanthal before.

But it gets hot even on the fairly open 1.2 mm default insert. Not just hot, it's just it's not glowing like a dryburn coil

However,Alien and Synyster say they chain vape it so...let's think a bit. I have an Oumier VLS, that thing gets hot single coil no matter the wire, and by hot i mean "oh my god my mod will die right now". Cannot be touched. But for a reason : it has a ton of metal inside- like the Wasp, it will get hot. Hadeon, on the contrary, always luke warm chain vaped : little metal in the posts.

I have built the berserkers about 800-1000 times( daily, 2-3 of them), because we vape a sweet raspberry and it gunks the coil and then the gunk shorts to a dry hit ( white cotton...). The Berserker needs complicated trapping, 360 degrees around each screw, because vandy vape are idiots. So i have a fair amount of builds done.

You have vast mechanical experience Tengeresz, and the guys above clearly vape the dvarw more aggressively than me with no problems.....( happy for them, cause it's a tasty atomiser, really is)

edit: by chain vape i gather you guys down 2 ml or more in one go, like i do first thing in the morning with the zerker, puff after puff, no pause between them, 1 1/2 tanks in like 15 mins

Edited on 6/19/2019 at 11:56 AM. Reason: the devil is in the details
#6 (permalink)      6/19/2019 4:53:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
essellar
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 2311
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2025
+1 details
I have no idea what else might be going on with that particular Dvarw clone, but the 0.8mm insert should be slightly tighter than the smallest hole on the Berserker if everything fits properly and is well-machined. The Berserker's smallest hole is also 0.8mm, but there is a small amount of air leakage at the AFC ring, so it's never just 0.8mm. I you're getting more air on the Dvarw, your insert isn't seated properly - that's usually because the machining on the bottom of the insert or the surface of the insert rebate is rough.

If that's the case, it could also explain some of the heat problem. If the air is going mostly around the coil rather than hitting it, it's going to run a whole lot warmer than if the air is cooling the coil the way it's supposed to. The Dvarw doesn't run hot. (And there's a lot less metal mass on the Dvarw than on most tanks, including the Berserkers.)

(And the Berserker/Berserker Mini is one of the few tanks that I don't wrap leads on, so I have no idea what you're doing there. 28AWG traps just fine straight under the screw head, and the "ears" keep it from spitting the wire out.)
#7 (permalink)      6/19/2019 6:11:09 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VeeRay
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2018
  • Posts 70
  • Reviews 135
  • Kudos28
+1 details
The difference between this DW clone and the Berserkers is that the dvarw is COMPLETELY shut off if i put the thumb on the air intake, while our 3 berserkers varies from one to another from loose mtl /restricted direct lung on mid hole ( even vape comfortably with all holes shut on one of them) to super, super tight, 2-nd smallest hole on the best one , tighter than the 0.8 on this dvarw.

Question of orings on the berserkers, of course. But it's a vandy vape product.
Their QC is....

For instance, your screws trap the 28ga, mine spits it out.All 3 of them. Also, one of the "walls" on one post is distanced 0.2 mm further than the other post walls so there is no chance to ever trap a 28.
It only, really, traps 24ga. What i do i wrap the 28/26ga around 180 deg and only then the screw manages to capture. No big deal tho. However, the one "good orings" one is so tight on smallest hole it's unvapable, but on 2-nd one it's the tastiest atty on fruit juices i tried including Prime. Matter of luck i suppose.

I also have 2 types of inserts: coppervape 0.8 and 1 mm, and the ones in the package - identical.

I have no air leakage, there is very little metal on the deck -you're absolutely right, build is correct, it is so simple that i hope someone can see through this problem

Thanks so much for helping me guys really appreciate your feedback. I feel this atty will be "the one" for a long time if i make it work this is why i insisted.

Also, where i live, TV has power, people either think vape is poison, or vape ego aio, or a few immature 40-50 olds endlessly parade their dicodes/kf mini v3 originals like 11y olds in world of warcraft - for them dvarw is garbage, so i have no one to help me.

cheers
#8 (permalink)      6/19/2019 6:44:45 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
essellar
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 2311
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2025
+1 details
Next time you have the Dvarw apart, take the insert off of the deck and check the flatness and smoothness of the bottom of the insert and the slot the insert goes into. It should be nearly mirror-flat. If it's not, a little bit of very fine sandpaper (600-800 grit), preferably wet, should be able to flatten it out. (You can put the sandpaper on glass to do the bottom of the insert to make sure it's flat.) The insert slot will be more difficult to work in; a riffler file or something you can use as a small graver can help knock down any burrs. It doesn't need to be perfect (although the authentic and the better clones I've looked at, like the Coppervape, are nearly watchmaker-quality) - just get it to the point where any stray juice on the deck will seal it off. That should make a world of difference, and you may find you need a larger insert to get the draw you want.
#9 (permalink)      6/20/2019 3:51:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VeeRay
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2018
  • Posts 70
  • Reviews 135
  • Kudos28
Thanks Esselar

I looked, the insert slot is mirror flat( and black anodized), i'll do the sandpaper thing on the 1 mm coppervape insert.

I guess i'll have to buy a coppervape then( SS only), but for me that one really needs to have the logo, so not from here.

Still, given the zerker has much more metal, and far less sealing ( almost none actually on one of them) , it would mean zerker would be much, much hotter, and i vape it very agressively, no pause, 40 draws, still doesn't get nearly this hot. Hot, but not " Need to go to ER " burns grade.

You guys opened my eyes about a number of issues, on of them being 400$ worth of the 600$ spent here is defective actually.
#10 (permalink)      6/20/2019 8:21:05 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AlienGrey
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 884
  • Reviews 73
  • Kudos645
+2 details
Why not just grab SKU 9652194 and SKU 4849000 or SKU 9627060 ?

It would make it easier to compare because that is what I'm using.

This one has DVARW MTL on the base (mine does) and some serial number on the bottom but without the logo. I still prefer to use a V2 because the airflow seems to be a bit more smooth (silent) compared to my V1. Not saying the V1 is bad but the airflow isn't as silent as the V2.

The only difference is the anodized black finishing and it would be interesting to know if that's causing your DVARW MTL V2 to run very hot after some time.

Edited on 6/20/2019 at 8:22 AM. Reason:
"The Truth Is Out There"
#11 (permalink)      6/20/2019 9:11:26 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Gatok
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2018
  • Posts 737
  • Reviews 21
  • Kudos1094
+1 details
AlienGrey wrote:

I still prefer to use a V2 because the airflow seems to be a bit more smooth (silent) compared to my V1.

Agree.

My Coppervape and YFTK V1s are a little noisy. I prefer to vape on my no name V2s wich are smooth.