Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Very prone to flooding, much more finicky to wick than I thought.
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      5/31/2019 5:09:14 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AlienGrey
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 884
  • Reviews 73
  • Kudos645
+7 details
I also cut it after I put the coil chamber back as this is much easier to get the cotton through the coil chamber to get it back on the deck. As long as you don't stuff it full of cotton it should work just fine.
"The Truth Is Out There"
#22 (permalink)      5/31/2019 6:28:23 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
airwinny
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 8741
  • Reviews 224
  • Kudos31369
+9 details
flexy123 wrote:

I can almost certainly exclude a defect with my device, oring etc. all seem alright, it's tight when I close the airflow hole and suck. Machining is not "super great" but is ok, can also exclude.

I wouldn't exclude a defect.

I only have the ones with the oval holes and wick mine basically the same as Gatok showed in the pictures, with a little less cotton.
Did a little test this morning, as I was cleaning a few items anyway. Filled one up with the thinnest base liquid I had laying around (80PG/20VG), just to see what would happen. It's been standing for an hour now, and no leaks whatsoever.

It's really hard to make this thing leak.

#23 (permalink)      5/31/2019 6:43:12 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gmm11
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2016
  • Posts 4956
  • Reviews 217
  • Kudos6072
+7 details
take the base apart and check the seal underneath the deck,that and a dodgy o ring are the only things that can go wrong with them, also check that the airflow insert base is flat and no rough burrs etc letting juice seep past
#24 (permalink)      5/31/2019 7:42:10 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TruckinVapor
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 3752
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos5456
+7 details
Gotta be an o-ring issue, or a factory defect somewhere. I'm running 3 (2 MTL & 1 DL) and haven't experienced any leaking, seeping or weeping, not even condensation inside the air slot. And I've torture tested them all, Hot, cold, dropping 6000 feet in altitude, laying on it's side, you name it...

So, I'd have to rule out your wicking (Dvarw is very forgiving in that department, even with the oval holes) VG/PG ratio and wattage run. That only leaves o-rings/defect. Hope you find the culprit..;)

Oh BTW, are you seeing any small air bubbles rise, after you take a vape?
Living is the only thing worth dying for...
#25 (permalink)      5/31/2019 7:43:02 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Jubby
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 4367
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos16222
+7 details
You got a naughty dwarf ... I’ve only heard of them, never have I seen one in the wild. I’ve heard a hammer can cure these dwarfs from misbehaving. Of the dozen or so dwarfs I’ve had to change a couple o rings and have had oring get pinched. Otherwise ALL my dwarfs refuse to leak no matter how hard I punish them ...
If you want on or off the list just let me know.
#26 (permalink)      5/31/2019 10:50:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
flexy123
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 71
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos31
AlienGrey wrote:

I also cut it after I put the coil chamber back as this is much easier to get the cotton through the coil chamber to get it back on the deck. As long as you don't stuff it full of cotton it should work just fine.

AlienGrey,

But this is how I had it before! NOT a lot of cotton, just straight down sitting flush on the deck and the holes covered.
This is when it was leaking! It just stopped when I stuffed extra cotton (in the area with the screws), so that the sides with the holes are pretty much covered with cotton.

#27 (permalink)      5/31/2019 12:41:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AlienGrey
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 884
  • Reviews 73
  • Kudos645
+2 details
That's strange. I never needed much cotton with any of my DVARW MTL. I did try to build a small coil with 30 AWG around 1.5mm with just enough cotton to cover the round juice holes on my DVARW MTL V1 and I also didn't have any issues with it except that it wasn't the best vape experience.

Did you check the O-rings from the coil chamber and chimney cap?

My DVARW MTL V1 came with a bad top chimney O-ring but it was easy to notice it and I replaced it before starting to use it.
"The Truth Is Out There"
#28 (permalink)      5/31/2019 1:17:31 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Dave_Kat
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 2436
  • Reviews 116
  • Kudos2032
+2 details
My first one 22mm TF tank leaked out of the gate. Did some investigating after 2-3 different builds and still leaked. Changed o-rings out to thinker and still leaked. Pushed positive post insulator down flush to bottom deck. Still leaked. She was a leaker and was sent out to pasture.

With all the hype I gave the little pup one more try. Bought a new complete kit last weekend SKU: 3910000 we will see how this one does. In the meantime back to my tried and true modded KFL's, Beserker, Aeries MTL, Taifun non leakers. I hate friken' tanks that leak.

-Late,
#29 (permalink)      5/31/2019 1:33:31 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Jubby
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 4367
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos16222
+2 details
enjoy your atto Dave_Kat ... I hope you get a nice dwarf this time.
If you want on or off the list just let me know.
#30 (permalink)      5/31/2019 2:08:02 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
flexy123
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 71
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos31
+1 details
Yes I checked all the orings, and I also replaced a bunch with some from the bag. As said, last time when I stuffed some more cotton like the other guy said, I didn't have any flooding so I guess that's good. (I really suspect it's the size of the holes otherwise).

But this just unrelated: I am still using my old KFL2+ (with a LARGE Tank, I think it's 5.5ml or 6 even), so that the entire atty is quite large, with a long chimney. The result is that the vape is (to me) pleasantly cooler.

Smaller atties, like Berserker, but also this one (even with the larger tank) produce a hotter vape. (My goto Wattage is just 12.8W). And ANY time I use a smaller atty like the Dvarw or Berserker, I get an upset stomach and get nauseous. (I am only vaping 6mg and now for testing 9mg juices). Yesterday it was so bad I "almost" threw up :)

I don't know why this is, maybe because of the hotter vape, or that the smaller atties go through more juice. I never get an upset stomach with the KFL. So saying that even if I get the Dvarw working alright, I might probably not even use it if it makes me (almost) puke. On the other hand, it was so cheap it doesn't really matter really. Still good to have a spare atty and a new drip tip :`)
#31 (permalink)      5/31/2019 3:37:44 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gmm11
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2016
  • Posts 4956
  • Reviews 217
  • Kudos6072
+4 details
did you take the base/deck apart and check the seal in there ?