Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Very prone to flooding, much more finicky to wick than I thought.
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#131 (permalink)      6/11/2019 10:51:41 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
flexy123
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 71
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos31
+1 details
TruckinVapor wrote:

I like the "S" method of wicking, especially with the top fill tanks. Since you can't have any wick protruding that'll snag on the JFC.

One extra step that I think helps, is after priming. I'll use my tweezers and push the very ends of the s-wick against the inside chamber wall. Sort of pasting them into position and ensuring a good surface contact.

If I didn't I'd get training bubbles and have to slightly close the JFC on that side. Of course the key is enough cotton in the first place... Glad to read you've mastered the Dvarw Flexy!

The primary reason I love the Dwarf is it's excellent wicking characteristics, providing that saturated vape I look for..;)

Maybe it's placebo, maybe I am fantasizing. When I use a very long wick and make a "S", it seems to me this mutes flavour a bit. The shorter the wick, the more juice can get to the coil faster.

I have good results now with the dvarw with a nice, THICK cotton and then then down, covering the hole. No S needed. (When I was wicking my KFL, I always was thinnin out the cotton, so I used less). Now I am rolling the cotton for the dwarv (works great) and do not thin it out - so I am using a lot more.

Edited on 6/11/2019 at 10:53 PM. Reason:
#132 (permalink)      6/12/2019 10:38:28 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
logidog
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 1051
  • Reviews 27
  • Kudos816
+1 details
flexy123 wrote:

Maybe it's placebo, maybe I am fantasizing. When I use a very long wick and make a "S", it seems to me this mutes flavour a bit. The shorter the wick, the more juice can get to the coil faster.I have good results now with the dvarw with a nice, THICK cotton and then then down, covering the hole. No S needed. (When I was wicking my KFL, I always was thinnin out the cotton, so I used less). Now I am rolling the cotton for the dwarv (works great) and do not thin it out - so I am using a lot more.

I don’t “S” wick the Dvarw or any tank either. I learned years ago if a tank flooded the usual cause was a leak in the seals outside of the chamber, usually in the top portion. If there is even a tiny leak in a seal (top cap, tank seals-ect) liquid will leak out usually thru the air holes.

Tanks work by using a vacuum system and it must not only be water tight, but AIR tight. When I rebuild I ALWAYS lubricate my 0-rings with a thin layer of juice so they slip into place and not kink. I also switched from cotton to rayon years ago because it’s much more absorbent and forgiving. It’s hard to screw up a rayon wick and I never get a dry hit unless the atty is totally empty.

I have 2 Dvarws and they have never leaked a drop nor do my 50+ other attys. I suggest everyone try rayon as it makes vaping a much more pleasant experience.

My 2 cents

#133 (permalink)      9/18/2019 10:38:29 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
f1vefour
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 37
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos19
logidog wrote:

I don’t “S” wick the Dvarw or any tank either. I learned years ago if a tank flooded the usual cause was a leak in the seals outside of the chamber, usually in the top portion. If there is even a tiny leak in a seal (top cap, tank seals-ect) liquid will leak out usually thru the air holes.

Tanks work by using a vacuum system and it must not only be water tight, but AIR tight. When I rebuild I ALWAYS lubricate my 0-rings with a thin layer of juice so they slip into place and not kink. I also switched from cotton to rayon years ago because it’s much more absorbent and forgiving. It’s hard to screw up a rayon wick and I never get a dry hit unless the atty is totally empty.

I have 2 Dvarws and they have never leaked a drop nor do my 50+ other attys. I suggest everyone try rayon as it makes vaping a much more pleasant experience.

My 2 cents

Can I see how you wick with rayon, I've been using it for 3 or 4 years in everything but I just ordered this RTA and would like a wicking heads up before it arrives.

Edited on 9/18/2019 at 10:39 PM. Reason:
#134 (permalink)      9/26/2019 9:02:26 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapena
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 111
  • Reviews 179
  • Kudos27
If i have leaking problem. I Close the Liquid hole With a good tape when the tank are free from Liquid inside. Then fill up the tank and let it stay for awile. If it's dry inside after one hour, I let it stay like this for one day.
Then if it still dry inside it is only one fault left to check. And that is Your wicking metode.
To Close the Juice hole in Dvarw are easy.
I use Dvarw (CopperVape) for more than a year now, and that is my first atty without ANY leak (Vape for 7 years), even not one single drop in a year. I twist a paper and put it in the airflow hole from outside, and it's Dry. I tought that was impossible, but it's true.
90% of my vaping time are now With Dvarw MTL and Kayfun lite 2019.
#135 (permalink)      9/27/2019 5:01:45 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
flexy123
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 71
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos31
Yep I pretty much entirely switched to the Dwarv now. I haven't had flooding anymore. The trick was to use more cotton than I did with Kayfun, but then just straight down on the two sides so that the holes are also covered.

I also discovered one other reason so that I am now only using Dwarv: When I vape high VG (say 70% or more VG),the *Kayfun* really doesn't wick good anymore and I get dry hits. (I have several Kayfuns, one has very small juice holes and the other somewhat bigger juice holes). The Dwarv of course never has problems even with very high VG.

And: Airflow with Dwarv is ALWAYS spot on and you never need to mess with the screws :)

Edited on 9/27/2019 at 5:04 AM. Reason:
#136 (permalink)      9/27/2019 10:13:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapena
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 111
  • Reviews 179
  • Kudos27
My theory about the No leaking Dvarw are that the tube (center pin) are wide inside up to the very end. on the end you have a insert With a tiny hole and only few mm high.
When a drop of Liquid come there, it will just hang there because there is a much wider hole in the center pin. That's why there is no capillary forces to suck that drop Down, and one drop are to light to sliding Down, it hang in the small hole untill you take the Next Draw.
Then that one drop will easely be cleaned up in you NeXT draw. With my KayFun i must turn it upside Down and blow in the air intake to clean it up. And that work for a while.
But the KayFun have same diameter the Whole way Down to the AFC skrue and it will be filled up the Whole way because of the Capillary forces, or it's wide enough inside so that the first drop will just sinking, not hanging on the top. (it's about 3 mm on the top also)
Dvarw have for MTL less than 1,5 mm opening in the insert and only few mm high there. One drop will just hang there.
Kayfun lite 2019, have the AFC in the bottom, and from the bottom and up to the very top, it's wide enough for the drop to sliding slowly Down to the adjustment skrue.
And try With a water hose. Where do you press it together, to make the water flow be stronger and to Reach longer. Yes-- in the END. Thats why the insert on Dvarw are a very good design.

Edited on 9/27/2019 at 10:23 AM. Reason: