Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Very prone to flooding, much more finicky to wick than I thought.
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#121 (permalink)      6/8/2019 8:12:26 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AlienGrey
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 884
  • Reviews 73
  • Kudos645
+1 details
flexy123 wrote:

By the way: I'd STILL like the chimney with the smaller holes!!

It should be much easier to cover the smaller holes, and then possibly even with less wick. I *think* the smaller holes would make wicking a lot more forgivable. Just saying.

You're right. If you do like to use small diameter coils the round hole coil chamber is better. It's also better with a top fill tank because it's almost impossible to get the wick get stuck in the juice flow hole between the coil chamber and the juice flow control.

@tengeresz56

He was talking about the juice flow holes not the airflow holes. ;)

"The Truth Is Out There"
#122 (permalink)      6/8/2019 9:11:41 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
tengeresz56
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 460
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos370
AlienGrey - You are right. So sorry that I didn't listen. The reason is wick an oval or the simple hole is just the same to me. The optimal inside coil diameter for Dvarw MTL is 2,5 mm in our experience. Above 1,2-1,5mm from the AFC output :-(

Edited on 6/8/2019 at 9:13 AM. Reason:
#123 (permalink)      6/8/2019 9:50:45 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TruckinVapor
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 3752
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos5456
+2 details
I like the "S" method of wicking, especially with the top fill tanks. Since you can't have any wick protruding that'll snag on the JFC.

One extra step that I think helps, is after priming. I'll use my tweezers and push the very ends of the s-wick against the inside chamber wall. Sort of pasting them into position and ensuring a good surface contact.

If I didn't I'd get training bubbles and have to slightly close the JFC on that side. Of course the key is enough cotton in the first place... Glad to read you've mastered the Dvarw Flexy!

The primary reason I love the Dwarf is it's excellent wicking characteristics, providing that saturated vape I look for..;)
Living is the only thing worth dying for...
#124 (permalink)      6/8/2019 3:09:27 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Dave_Kat
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 2436
  • Reviews 116
  • Kudos2032
+4 details
Just received my full SS $15 bargain kit to compliment the original Top Fill solo Dvarw I had trouble with leaking out of the gate ;(

Wicking both just like I wicked my OG Taifuns since it's basically very similar ( almost a copy) engineering and bumped up to 2.5 dia coils

NO LEAKS no DRY HITS.... nice flavorful vape just like Taifun's but 22mm and allot more options A+

-Late,
#125 (permalink)      6/8/2019 4:09:30 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Jubby
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 4368
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos16223
+3 details
I knew you’d like it.
If you want on or off the list just let me know.
#126 (permalink)      6/8/2019 4:40:35 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gmm11
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2016
  • Posts 4959
  • Reviews 217
  • Kudos6074
+3 details
no spare chimney cap for you then, lol
#127 (permalink)      6/8/2019 6:42:54 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
flexy123
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 71
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos31
+1 details
So I guess since my DV is now working (I am actually using it now instead of my trusty KFL+), I guess I am getting the topfill tank as filling it really is a pain in the ass...and still want the chimney with the smaller holes, regardless.

Edited on 6/8/2019 at 6:43 PM. Reason:
#128 (permalink)      6/11/2019 4:45:06 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
tengeresz56
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 460
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos370
+1 details
flexy123 - "still want the chimney with the smaller holes"... Are You sure You want it? Why not DIY? I'm interested in the real reason...

Oval or simple hole just the same, if You learn
how to wicking a simple coil... Quite easy to do it.
Do it and Don't Cry...
Look for this video after 24:00 min.
PBusardo Review - The KHW Mods Dvarw MTL RTA
If somebody cannot thread (wick) the Dvarw it's very sad !
- The only negative of Dvarw is to fix the wire. It's too primitive ! Nothing else.

Edited on 6/11/2019 at 6:01 PM. Reason:
#129 (permalink)      6/11/2019 9:54:31 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Gatok
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2018
  • Posts 737
  • Reviews 21
  • Kudos1094
+1 details
tengeresz56 wrote:

Do it and Don't Cry...

Tengeresz56, you are so funny my friend!

I would like, some day, to drink a couple of beers with you.

#130 (permalink)      6/11/2019 10:49:16 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
flexy123
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 71
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos31
I am saying I'd like the round, smaller holes since (IMO) no ejuice can be so insanely think that you need larger holes...and for sure not for MTL. If you do MTL, juiceflow simply is not an issue. Juiceflow can become a problem if you vape at high wattage (not MTL) AND 100% VG. Saying, there is simply no reason for these larger holes with a MTL vape. And the smaller holes would make wicking even more forgiving, IMO. Go look at the tiny, tiny juice channels of my KFL+ - and it still vapes everything. (Of course it does, I never vape higher than 15 watts).

And for the deck, I agree. But PB showed a nice trick in the video you linked, where he anchors the wire on the tool. This is brilliant.

All I can tell you that I vape for many years already, KFL, Berserker, V3, V5 etc...and this was the first one that had me really stumped how to wick it. (Yes, now I KNOW how to do it, lots of cotton etc.) But the funny thing is that people say a a KFL is more difficult to wick, which I do not think at all. Never a problem with KFL, even with less cotton etc. as long as you don't block the juice holes.
#131 (permalink)      6/11/2019 10:51:41 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
flexy123
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 71
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos31
+1 details
TruckinVapor wrote:

I like the "S" method of wicking, especially with the top fill tanks. Since you can't have any wick protruding that'll snag on the JFC.

One extra step that I think helps, is after priming. I'll use my tweezers and push the very ends of the s-wick against the inside chamber wall. Sort of pasting them into position and ensuring a good surface contact.

If I didn't I'd get training bubbles and have to slightly close the JFC on that side. Of course the key is enough cotton in the first place... Glad to read you've mastered the Dvarw Flexy!

The primary reason I love the Dwarf is it's excellent wicking characteristics, providing that saturated vape I look for..;)

Maybe it's placebo, maybe I am fantasizing. When I use a very long wick and make a "S", it seems to me this mutes flavour a bit. The shorter the wick, the more juice can get to the coil faster.

I have good results now with the dvarw with a nice, THICK cotton and then then down, covering the hole. No S needed. (When I was wicking my KFL, I always was thinnin out the cotton, so I used less). Now I am rolling the cotton for the dwarv (works great) and do not thin it out - so I am using a lot more.

Edited on 6/11/2019 at 10:53 PM. Reason: