Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

How durable are the plastic tank sections?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      2/16/2019 2:15:41 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
airwinny
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 8736
  • Reviews 224
  • Kudos31360
+5 details
Kilzz wrote:

Being on a fixed income I need things to last and PEI sounds like the way to go. If this lasts as long as my Kayfun 3.1 and Monster V2 buying a few relatively cheap tank sections over time isnt that bad.

There's really nothing on the Dvarw that can easily break (besides the plastic tank and the o-rings, of course), so it should last you quite a while. The good thing is: the chimney parts are held together by o-rings, so there's no wear-and-tear on any threading there.

#12 (permalink)      2/17/2019 3:18:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AlienGrey
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 884
  • Reviews 73
  • Kudos645
+3 details
I don't know why some people constantly say that the PC tanks aren't good guality. I've been using mine with a PC tank for a long time and it still looks as good as when I bought it. I've been using citrus, menthol and capsicum in my e-liquids and no problems at all with the PC tanks.

I don't know if the PC tank quality did improve or if it's just because I no longer use hot water or any cleaning products to clean the atomizer. It's one of the reasons why I like the DVARW so much because it's really easy to clean.

I'm currently using a SKU 9662873 tank with my DVARW MTL V2 and the quality seems to be good. I haven't used it as long as the original tank that came with it but I don't see any problems with it.

Edited on 2/17/2019 at 3:18 AM. Reason:
"The Truth Is Out There"
#13 (permalink)      2/17/2019 7:12:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Kilzz
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2014
  • Posts 170
  • Reviews 104
  • Kudos123
+1 details
AlienGrey wrote:

I don't know why some people constantly say that the PC tanks aren't good guality. I've been using mine with a PC tank for a long time and it still looks as good as when I bought it.

I have been vaping for some time. I mentioned Kayfuns with plastic tanks in the first post in this thread. That should give you a little time frame (about 2014).
My question on reliability is based on old plastic tanks no ones likely to remember. The tanks cracked and picked up flavors back then. Thats why about 4 years ago I stoped buying them at all and only bought glass tanks. The Kayfuns were so good though that I only vaped safe liquids in them, and still kept spare plastic sections in case.
But time does move on and I wanted to try the Dvarw. I was just curious if the tanks used here were any good, especially the PEI ones. I have never used PEI tanks. Many posts have convinced me that they are durable, but I will have spares on hand just in case. You have even replaced your tank so they dont last forever, nothing does.

#14 (permalink)      2/17/2019 11:43:04 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AlienGrey
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 884
  • Reviews 73
  • Kudos645
+2 details
Kilzz wrote:

AlienGrey wrote:
I don't know why some people constantly say that the PC tanks aren't good guality. I've been using mine with a PC tank for a long time and it still looks as good as when I bought it.

I have been vaping for some time. I mentioned Kayfuns with plastic tanks in the first post in this thread. That should give you a little time frame (about 2014).
My question on reliability is based on old plastic tanks no ones likely to remember. The tanks cracked and picked up flavors back then. Thats why about 4 years ago I stoped buying them at all and only bought glass tanks. The Kayfuns were so good though that I only vaped safe liquids in them, and still kept spare plastic sections in case.
But time does move on and I wanted to try the Dvarw. I was just curious if the tanks used here were any good, especially the PEI ones. I have never used PEI tanks. Many posts have convinced me that they are durable, but I will have spares on hand just in case. You have even replaced your tank so they dont last forever, nothing does.

I didn't replace my tank because it wasn't good any more. Just switched from a 3.5ml PC tank to a ST DVARW MTL 5ml PC tank.

I just wanted to say that if you prefer the clear look the PC tanks are good enough.

"The Truth Is Out There"
#15 (permalink)      2/17/2019 12:23:54 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Carlahola
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2017
  • Posts 6870
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos16805
+2 details
I have to admit that the 2ml tank delivers has a slightly better flavour...
*nodding*

Edited on 2/17/2019 at 12:36 PM. Reason:
#16 (permalink)      2/17/2019 12:30:45 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
wuwei.ap
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 22101
  • Reviews 266
  • Kudos42164
+2 details
It was a mechanical issue with mine because I don't vape tank cracking liquids.
#17 (permalink)      2/17/2019 10:44:12 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Coops72
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2017
  • Posts 1523
  • Reviews 82
  • Kudos2271
+2 details
I have 3 of the PC tanks, never had a problem ... and I work in construction, so it's not like they have an "office job" life. They're pretty tough I reckon.

I've also supplied 3 Dvarw's with PC tanks to workmates and none of them have had any issues either.
Rage on you crazy diamond.
#18 (permalink)      3/13/2019 9:10:05 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Kilzz
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2014
  • Posts 170
  • Reviews 104
  • Kudos123
+1 details
I have had this tank now for about a week. I just switched to the PEI tank. More for how it looks as the plastic tank that came on had no problems with the juice I used in it. Fantastic tank. I am using the second to largest airflow and a 4 wrap superfine clapton coil. I am seriously thinking about getting another one.