Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Do anyone know if any of these o rings fit the reload rta clone
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      12/12/2019 7:29:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
elsa.mae
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2016
  • Posts 52
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos7
dear cory_m when you measure 6x1x4 tank top cap seal you mean the rings with yellow arrow in the foto? and 16x2x12 drip tip the ring with the green arrow in foto?could these measurements be written mistakenly to different rings?its weird that the drip tip ring is bigger in size than the top cap seal, please elaborate?

#12 (permalink)      12/12/2019 8:15:54 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cory_m
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2016
  • Posts 93
  • Reviews 32
  • Kudos48
@elsa.mae - never seen an o-ring there...

the one I'm talking about is here (tank top cap seal, seals the top cap but isn't on the top cap):

(from SKU 9657221 and SKU 9657692)

Not that adding an o-ring to the top cap would be a Bad Thing, but likely with one the cap wouldn't fully screw down (which might make it not meet the seal at the top of hte chimney) even if it's just a little too big for the space. The threads on the cap are pretty fine, and seem to sufficiently seal the outer bore to prevent leaks.

edit:/ did a bit of digging and clearly the original reload has an o-ring there, though I've not seen a clone that did and mine certainly didn't and had no spares for it. All said I'm able to get 14x1x12 (SKU 2066604) to fit but I suspect a 13x1x11 (unfortunately I don't have any 12mm or 13mm OD to try) would do better though it would be stretched far more to get there.

edit2:/ interesting out of all the gold (discontinued included) reload rtas, SKU 9616404 actually does have that o-ring.

Edited on 12/12/2019 at 9:00 PM. Reason: tried some o-rings to see what would fit
#13 (permalink)      12/20/2019 5:55:19 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
elsa.mae
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2016
  • Posts 52
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos7
+1 details
i have seen the oring that you mention that is not included yet in some skus it shows......in ft photos of reload rtas here.
i also understand what you say at your last post. this clones are a pain in the head.
i tool a caliper and tried to accurately measure all of the orings of the reload i ordered that leaks....and after total disassembly i found out that the threads underneath the deck were busted and crooked. thats unfixable. they said they will either refund me or replace. now i am going to order the same sku and just trying to get all orings and prepare in case of new leakages. also realised that if i place the bubble glass upside down it wobbles whereas if i have it the other way round it sits better. It seems that even the bubbleglass is uneven (up and down sides).
so frustrating...this whole buy.
your help though is a true oasis in this ft desert.
thank you so much for all your help, truly appreciate it.

Edited on 12/20/2019 at 5:56 AM. Reason: