shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Misfiring and button hard to press?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      5/26/2018 10:32:36 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
deisel1016
  • JoinedSep 2015
  • Posts 193
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos57
+7 details
Misfiring and button hard to press?
So mine came today and it is nice. Watch Todds Review and it states pretty much everything I feel about it.

It seems there have been issues with misfiring and hard to press fire buttons. As I said, mine isn't doing this but it seems that the issue is from the way its being either put together improperly, or the copper plate is stretched out too far internally, making the throw too long and button feel hard to press. This is all just speculation, but throughout the forums and whatnot it seems that people are able to fix the issue by either squeezing the copper plate together(just a bit), shortening the throw, and allowing the contact to be made much easier. Or by simply taking the mod apart fully, and reassembling it. I would assume that if the issue is fixed by this second method then it's because something isn't quite right when it's assembled in the first place.

Im not sure how widespread this issue is, but hopefully this will help someone down the road. Im not able to fully explain what I want to about how to fix it by squeezing the copper internals, but Todd explains it well in his review and a quick search on youtube will bring his channel up.

The first review (here on FT) on this mod has the gentleman talking about his experience with this misfire issue and I was certain when mine arrived (since it too was from batch one) that I'd be dealing with the same crap. I was pleasantly surprised. I still feel really bad for the gent though, and wanted to post this in case it's a big QC issue.

Cheers all!

Edited on 5/26/2018 at 10:34 PM. Reason:
#2 (permalink)      6/6/2018 9:56:29 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
LottaFlava
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 101
  • Reviews 135
  • Kudos41
+1 details
Having the misfire issue with mine. It is from batch one. I've tried taking it apart and putting it back together with little success. I've moved the copper around but so far nothing is making it better. The only way to get it fire is by pressing extremely hard on the button and even then sometimes it doesn't fire right. It will still fire but is extremely weak and the button heats up. Not sure what is going on but disappointing to say the least.
#3 (permalink)      6/6/2018 10:24:27 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
n8rida
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 132
  • Reviews 18
  • Kudos48
LottaFlava wrote:

Having the misfire issue with mine. It is from batch one. I've tried taking it apart and putting it back together with little success. I've moved the copper around but so far nothing is making it better. The only way to get it fire is by pressing extremely har pod on the button and even then sometimes it doesn't fire right. It will still fire but is extremely weak and the button heats up. Not sure what is going on but disappointing to say the least.

Hi did you try to see if the locking button is down cause when I got mine the locking button was up and I was pushing real hard to make it fire after a while I realised that the locking button was up it needs to be down then it hit every time

#4 (permalink)      6/6/2018 10:49:49 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
LottaFlava
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 101
  • Reviews 135
  • Kudos41
n8rida wrote:

Hi did you try to see if the locking button is down cause when I got mine the locking button was up and I was pushing real hard to make it fire after a while I realised that the locking button was up it needs to be down then it hit every time

Yeah, I've messed with the whole firing section a few times. It should be a simple mechanical connection but something is not quite right somewhere. I'm going to take it apart again and see if I can see anything. I'm starting to wonder if it could be in the 510 connector. I'm going to check everything with a volt and ohm meter to see if I can pin it down.

#5 (permalink)      6/8/2018 12:47:17 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
deisel1016
  • JoinedSep 2015
  • Posts 193
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos57
Yeah when mine is locked if I press real hard I can still fire it. This made me believe yours was maybe "stuck" in lick position? Can't say for sure without the mod in hand, but i feel for ya man. Mine too is batch one and working great, but ive read about the button issues elsewhere and wish I could think of what might be happening. Keep us posted please

EDIT- button heating up and weak hits? Definetely sounds like some massive arcing somewhere. Mine arcs at the contact point with low ohm builds, but the button only gets warmish, along with the top brass part so it's not just heating of the button. Hope you sort yours out. I feel bad.

Edited on 6/8/2018 at 12:52 AM. Reason:
#6 (permalink)      6/17/2018 1:42:26 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Agentas
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 8
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos3
+1 details
i get the feeling that this is just poor design. All of the "premium" squonk boxes that use a contact strip have a "stable" connection point if that makes sense. with the furyan, the button is suspended by 3 springs- 2 weak springs and the copper spring + a flat connection point. This means it's really hard to get a "square" contact and that's where the arcing comes into play.
I'd like to see a redesign of the fire button with a pointy contact point, that should make it easier to get a good connection even with the "floaty" button.
With the way it is at the moment, this mod is quickly becoming a gimmicky mod and i'm considering a return.
#7 (permalink)      6/17/2018 6:59:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
  • JoinedAug 2015
  • Posts 14872
  • Reviews 802
  • Kudos16599
Agentas wrote:

i get the feeling that this is just poor design. All of the "premium" squonk boxes that use a contact strip have a "stable" connection point if that makes sense. with the furyan, the button is suspended by 3 springs- 2 weak springs and the copper spring + a flat connection point. This means it's really hard to get a "square" contact and that's where the arcing comes into play.
I'd like to see a redesign of the fire button with a pointy contact point, that should make it easier to get a good connection even with the "floaty" button.
With the way it is at the moment, this mod is quickly becoming a gimmicky mod and i'm considering a return.

100% correct. Thanks to the usual YT Hypers/Shills for their bs. You should never trust paid YT reviewers reviews and you should either wait for a real consumers review or go to a B&M and try it out for yourself before you buy.

naega jeil jal naga.
#8 (permalink)      6/18/2018 3:30:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
B00G1T
  • JoinedJun 2017
  • Posts 20
  • Reviews 19
  • Kudos9
Mine was hard to fire at the beginning just stripped it down and pressed the copper contacts together more and no more issues. Very simple to strip down and re-assemble Todd has even done a vid on it takes no more than a couple of minutes to correct the firing issue.
#9 (permalink)      6/18/2018 3:47:51 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Bikendi
  • JoinedMar 2016
  • Posts 764
  • Reviews 100
  • Kudos888
Got no affiliation with LV, and can't stand the YT shills/hypers☺

If button's asembly properly assembled, button is smooth, and hits like a drunk sailor on a bad day. A brass NATO mech tube, wich is a really hard hitting tube, side by side with the same atty and battery, no envy.

This is how a properly working furyan should work, not that mine is special. Guys a the vape shop have some for their use, have used them testing new liquids and their builds, they are all the same.

If buttons hard to press, problably one of the springs is crunched/out of place most likely, or, there is something getting on it's way. Hot button can be a sign.

Have you checked if something has melted inside?

I'd contact lost vape, this is not a clone box, they will know if a certain number of units have developed that problem due production and make the right thing to do, or they will be interested in fixing it to avoid future warranty claims and honor yours.

In terms of the old squonk plate firing plate, i think this system is much more effective imo
#10 (permalink)      6/18/2018 4:43:15 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
LottaFlava
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 101
  • Reviews 135
  • Kudos41
Bikendi wrote:

If buttons hard to press, problably one of the springs is crunched/out of place most likely, or, there is something getting on it's way. Hot button can be a sign.

I'd contact lost vape, this is not a clone box, they will know if a certain number of units have developed that problem due production and make the right thing to do, or they will be interested in fixing it to avoid future warranty claims and honor yours.

I have taken mine apart multiple times and have checked for the issues you have noted. It should be an easy fix but in my case everything seems to be in place and working correctly until you actually get it back together and start trying to fire it. It really shouldn't be this hard to get right. I have tried contacting Lost Vape directly but after multiple attempts, I have not received a response from them. The only option I have at this point is open a return ticket with FT. I know it will be a long process and have been trying to avoid it but it's looking like the only option at this point.

#11 (permalink)      6/18/2018 5:13:55 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Bikendi
  • JoinedMar 2016
  • Posts 764
  • Reviews 100
  • Kudos888
LottaFlava wrote:

Bikendi wrote:

I have taken mine apart multiple times and have checked for the issues you have noted. It should be an easy fix but in my case everything seems to be in place and working correctly until you actually get it back together and start trying to fire it. It really shouldn't be this hard to get right. I have tried contacting Lost Vape directly but after multiple attempts, I have not received a response from them. The only option I have at this point is open a return ticket with FT. I know it will be a long process and have been trying to avoid it but it's looking like the only option at this point.

Yep, if springs are OK, button should be smooth and you can press it almost anywhere and fire, of course the middle is the best place, but still.

Wait no longer, open the ticket, you got a defective unit. You paid for a box wich comes with a manufacturer's warranty FT can claim